Not open for further replies.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Barnaby said:
:shakehead

The Rangers SUCKED last year and had 0 chance at anything. Meanwhile Jagr is playing every game like it's the playoffs. I saw him play through injuries when he easily could have warmed the bench.

OT: Not in Washington, he wasn't. He was paid the same there, too. Give it a season or so. The best way to tell: Watch how many times he does or doesn't beat a dman face-up, one-on-one.

Sorry about the OT.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Captain Conservative said:
Your user title sickens me.
Do what I did months ago

Add him to your ignore list.

as for AO yes it is nice to see him show emotion, and not a single person said they wanted the pic to mock him, jesus.

Guy: I'd like to order a big mac

McDonalds Employee: Why? Do you want to eat it? you like fat? you want to get fatter you fat ****?! you want some fat fatty mcfat fat?

Guy: :cry:

that's bassicly how this topic went.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Refreshingly on-topic:

I think that's a very powerful picture. They wanted their team to win, both of them. Both worked their @sses off, and it didn't happen. I've seen US and Canada players do the same thing. Were they babies, too?

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

tml_4ever

It's Chaotic
May 24, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Ditto.....he was playing hard all throughout the tournament....to see your team lose like that and the fact that you can't do anything about it is really heart breaking, you know...

soilwork2004

Nov 18, 2004

i personally agree with herby verstinks on this one. you guys that are find the initial request 'sick' have your panties tied up in a knot. chill axe!

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX

He's a Pens fan who just loves to put Ovechkin down whenever possible, since he's probably still a little upset that his team lost out on him.

Note: Not saying all Pens fans are like this, as they are not. Just this one in particular. So don't rip my head off :) .

Mxpunk

Jul 3, 2004
RPV, CA
Calm down everyone. It could be he wanted the picture because it shows Ovechkin's heart and love for winning? Does it make everyone in the U.S. sick, including those who work at ESPN, for watching Mike Peluso cry every 2 minutes when the Devils won the Cup? Does it make everyone who watches a playoff game when the camera pans down and focuses on the losing team's bench or the losing goaltender? Everyone needs to chill out and not be so touchy about the guy's request.

Keetz

Sep 14, 2004
Little Falls
Funny, that totally changed my impression of him. Prior to seeing this, I thought he was arrogant, but crying like that in front of the hockey world shows me a pretty humble individual. It's good to see that he cares about winning... washington has a good one!
yeah me too Man. you have to admire a Man who will cry like that. Only boys are afraid to cry.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
JoseTheo said:
I couldn't believe Ovechkin was crying. He's gonna be a great player for sure if he keeps that heart of his over the years. Sure he'd already be a great player without it.. He just went from Jagr status to Iginla status.. (in the sense that Jagr plays with nothing.. Iginla plays hard from the heart).
hate to break it to you, but Iginla will never ever be remembered as a better player than jagr.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
JoseTheo said:
I couldn't believe Ovechkin was crying. He's gonna be a great player for sure if he keeps that heart of his over the years.

Yeah, he seems like an OK kid . I don't understand why you could n't believe he was crying, though. Was it because Russian players generally don't cry publically? I've seen plenty of Canadian players cry, mixed in with a sprinkling Swedes, Finns and Americans but this was one of the rare times I've seen Russian players cry. Its kinda cool, actually, all those years(Which I'm too young to remember much of) when Russians weren't allowed to show emotions at all.People used to criticize them for that.

brian

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
The old Soviet national team just lined up on the blue line with a stoned look on their faces after a loss. You couldn't tell by looking at them whether or not they just lost a final or a nothing game. It is refreshing to see some emotion out of Russian guys it shows that they do care and have passion for the game.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
SSJTOM said:
Do what I did months ago

Add him to your ignore list.

as for AO yes it is nice to see him show emotion, and not a single person said they wanted the pic to mock him, jesus.

Guy: I'd like to order a big mac

McDonalds Employee: Why? Do you want to eat it? you like fat? you want to get fatter you fat ****?! you want some fat fatty mcfat fat?

Guy: :cry:

that's bassicly how this topic went.
That made me laugh for five minutes straight.

It's hilarious, but true.

I've cried after I've lost rec-league games, so I feel for him. I might put this pic in my avatar, because it has meaning.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Keetz said:
yeah me too Man. you have to admire a Man who will cry like that. Only boys are afraid to cry.
I'm 13, but I'm not afraid to cry. F*ck anyone who calls me a girl for it.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Chaos said:
He's a Pens fan who just loves to put Ovechkin down whenever possible, since he's probably still a little upset that his team lost out on him.

Note: Not saying all Pens fans are like this, as they are not. Just this one in particular. So don't rip my head off :) .

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure anybody who's read his posts knows what you are talking about.

Again the Russian team displays emotion after a game... it just goes to back up everyone who said that they play with a lot of passion and really want to win the game (not that other teams don't, and not that they didn't go overboard after the USA game... just that there's a lot of emotion involved.)

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Psycho Joe said:
It shows he cares. He didn't show up last night and IMO quit on his team when they needed him most. He obviously regrets his pathetically poor effort last night. The kid is extremely talented and hopefully for his sake, the adversity will help build his character.

Thats just sad on your part....the guy has his arm in a sling...cant even shake hands with it...and reports are he might need surgery....and you say he quit on his team......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad