OT: Outdoor Rinks

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
You could always just drive by them and check them out to see if they're up and running.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
So does anyone know of any ODRs in the west end that are open? Hoping to go tonight, any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Go to the EFCL page and look at the map of rinks, when you click the rink icon it'll give you the direct link to that communities website. A lot of them update their own page if the rink is open. I did this over the weekend and checked the south side, Idlywylde, Crestwood, and Ottewell were all listed as open. Then all you can do is either call someone or drive passed and check to make sure that it isn't just last years update :laugh:.

Also, I just bought new skates and needed to try them out so I went to the Victoria park oval. No sticks or pucks but at least I got a good skate in.

Here's the community league directory, just sort it by district to find the ones in your area. Or use the map page (I used the directory).

Seriously, I think we should get on the EFCL's case about updating their site, at very least they everyone should harass their twitter account a bit.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Go to the EFCL page and look at the map of rinks, when you click the rink icon it'll give you the direct link to that communities website. A lot of them update their own page if the rink is open. I did this over the weekend and checked the south side, Idlywylde, Crestwood, and Ottewell were all listed as open. Then all you can do is either call someone or drive passed and check to make sure that it isn't just last years update :laugh:.

Also, I just bought new skates and needed to try them out so I went to the Victoria park oval. No sticks or pucks but at least I got a good skate in.

Here's the community league directory, just sort it by district to find the ones in your area. Or use the map page (I used the directory).

Seriously, I think we should get on the EFCL's case about updating their site, at very least they everyone should harass their twitter account a bit.

First of all, thanks for the response!

I actually have used the EFCL website, and used the links that connected me to the community leagues website. The only problem was that the three rinks I checked didnt explicitly say they were open, though two of them posted their 2013/2014 hours. I stopped by the Willowby rink on the way home from school today, and though they updated the hours, the rink didn't seem read. I guess I'll go for a drive after dinner haha.

Anyway, I will definitely get on the EFCLs case, they need to be more organized. Again, thanks for the response.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
First of all, thanks for the response!

I actually have used the EFCL website, and used the links that connected me to the community leagues website. The only problem was that the three rinks I checked didnt explicitly say they were open, though two of them posted their 2013/2014 hours. I stopped by the Willowby rink on the way home from school today, and though they updated the hours, the rink didn't seem read. I guess I'll go for a drive after dinner haha.

Anyway, I will definitely get on the EFCLs case, they need to be more organized. Again, thanks for the response.

If you do find any rinks open it'd be much appreciated if you'd post about them, there's none open here yet in Spruce Grove atm. Would be willing to go play hockey in Edmonton, but not willing to drive out there just to find out that there's no where to play.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
If you do find any rinks open it'd be much appreciated if you'd post about them, there's none open here yet in Spruce Grove atm. Would be willing to go play hockey in Edmonton, but not willing to drive out there just to find out that there's no where to play.
Drove by willowby, lessard, and wolf willow. All closed. Are there any rinks open at all? :/

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Drove by willowby, lessard, and wolf willow. All closed. Are there any rinks open at all? :/

Crestwood is for sure, I'd imagine that by this time next week they'll all be ready to go (unless they have staffing issues).

RKD

Jul 27, 2006
Calgary
www.twitter.com
Grovenor is also open. Went there a couple weeks ago. That being said, even rinks that are open might be temporarily closed due to the weather.

However, Grovenor has a pleasure rink next to the boarded circuit, so either way you can probably get a skate in.

Oct 30, 2011
yeah, weather is starting to even out a bit(after this little cold snap), hopefully they'll get some good flooding done soon

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
Grovenor is also open. Went there a couple weeks ago. That being said, even rinks that are open might be temporarily closed due to the weather.

However, Grovenor has a pleasure rink next to the boarded circuit, so either way you can probably get a skate in.

Grovenor has been good. Even without the boards the ice has been great. I think the actual rink itself should be open at this point though.

Conway96

Mar 28, 2010
What would you guys say is the best ODR in the Southside to visit? Heard Micheal's Park isn't running this year.

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
I would recommend the Brookside rinks in Riverbend to anyone in the South Side. But apparently you have to join the Riverbend Community League for $35 a year. Don't know if this was always the case, and its only open till 9

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Hey does anyone know and rinks that are open during the day on weekdays?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad