Injury Report: Out of Town Thread Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lars Eller has 7 points in 10 games so far this season…..#JustSaying
How many points those draft picks we got 4 years ago again? None.
Thats pretty dumb, not gonna lie :laugh:

The trade was fine, IMO. They got an asset for a player that was mostly on its way out or a player that could be replaced.

I like the fact that they identified that they had a surplus (C) and decided to move one for value.... The problem is that they thought DD was a good center and that was terrible evaluation. If they did the same thing with the RD position, the LW position and the RD position the team would be better off for it.

Reactions: angusyoung

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

That Eller guy that has a career high of 38 points and that is 30 years old ? Please !
Shaw , 19g 28a for 47 pts in 63 games last season
Danault has 7 points in 9 games 54 points last season

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

That Eller guy that has a career high of 38 points and that is 30 years old ? Please !
Holy crap. I never realized Eller's career high was only 38 points.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Well, technically, Ellers career high was in 12-13 where he put up a pace of 53 points, which is pretty much in Danaults range last year.

Eller does have four years with more goals than Danaults best season though.... And no one claims he's a 2C.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Stanley cup winner, Stanely cup winning goal, 44 points in 81 playoff games. He's had a pretty great career for a 3rd line centre.

Reactions: Rapala

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

That Eller guy that was a key player for Washington winning the cup just like he was a key player for us going to the ECF.
That Eller who's a fixture as 3rd line center for one of the best team in the NHL.

And what Shaw has to do with that? We traded Eller for picks and we could have also keep both back then.
And what Danault has to do with it? Cause lately, he's not playing 3rd line center like Eller is.

Point is….back then the Habs was supposed to go for it and traded away an NHLer (who's having a good career and has become a fixture for another team) and we trade it away for nothing. Eller has been helping the Caps for 4 years now, even got an extension and we got NOTHING, not even an AHLer to help this team for the last 4 years.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

The trade was fine, IMO. They got an asset for a player that was mostly on its way out or a player that could be replaced.

I like the fact that they identified that they had a surplus (C) and decided to move one for value.... The problem is that they thought DD was a good center and that was terrible evaluation. If they did the same thing with the RD position, the LW position and the RD position the team would be better off for it.

As i said to the other poster.

Show me how many points we had for Eller?
Cause Eller is helping another team in our division for the last four years and even win the cup, even scored the winning goal for it.

The trade wasn't fine.
Cause they got something very valuable we got nothing and we were supposed to be ready to go for it.
It's those kind of trade that set this team back….and i would say the same thing for the Shaw trade.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
As i said to the other poster.

Show me how many points we had for Eller?
Cause Eller is helping another team in our division for the last four years and even win the cup, even scored the winning goal for it.

The trade wasn't fine.
Cause they got something very valuable we got nothing and we were supposed to be ready to go for it.
It's those kind of trade that set this team back….and i would say the same thing for the Shaw trade.
The Habs were not ready to go for it, the Habs had Desharnais and Plekanec as top 6 centers, man. Blowing it up and cycling your assets was the right move, the Habs got Jordan Harris and Joni Ikonen for Eller, thats actually a really good return, looking forward to see Harris in the Habs roster in a year or two.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Lars Eller would not have the same TOI here though. This season he's playing 2 minutes more than he ever did here. I always said if you give Eller the same TOI as DD and the same quality of wingers he'll do about the same.

Some guys need to realize that for a center playing over 17 minutes a game 50 points is not great. It's kind of average actually.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
No other team would talk about Eller as much as us. 3rd line center for 2 2nds. We have a younger and better replacement. People will still talk about this trade in 5 years lol.

Habs' fans show more love for Eller on Washington than they did when he was a Hab. I remember at one point people wanted to trade him so De la Rose could take his spot.

Reactions: Rapala

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No other team would talk about Eller as much as us. 3rd line center for 2 2nds. We have a younger and better replacement. People will still talk about this trade in 5 years lol.

No other team would use DD instead of Eller in a top 6 so your point is kind of moot actually. People still talk about Eller because of the ridiculous usage of our centers back then.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The Habs were not ready to go for it, the Habs had Desharnais and Plekanec as top 6 centers, man. Blowing it up and cycling your assets was the right move, the Habs got Jordan Harris and Joni Ikonen for Eller, thats actually a really good return, looking forward to see Harris in the Habs roster in a year or two.

We just exit a bad season due to Price's injury but before that we were sure PO team that went to ECF and exit in the 2nd round and we were mostly finishing 1st in our division.
How much closer do you want to be before going for it?
Yeah we had Desharnais, Plekanec…..
How about trading Eller and attach to him a couple of picks and a McCarron or Juulsen and get what we needed, which was a center.

Same story which Shaw….attach a 1st or some picks and mid-prospect to him and get that LHD we need.

Those picks were not what we needed….in both cases.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Well, technically, Ellers career high was in 12-13 where he put up a pace of 53 points, which is pretty much in Danaults range last year.

Eller does have four years with more goals than Danaults best season though.... And no one claims he's a 2C.
come on , he played also 4 x more seasons and played his last seasons with a contender team compared to Danault playing with a no-show playoffs team

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

The trade is a nutshell was perfectly fine. What was not fine is the fact we gave two better picks to acquire Shaw right after making this trade. I don't know what MB was thinking. Did he really think Shaw was a better player? Cause we certainly did not need another 3rd line winger back then we needed top 6 forwards.

Reactions: Andy and Mrb1p

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

How come this team seems to have "better replacement" and end up being unable to win a series since that trade?
But at that time, Plekanec was his replacement and then Shaw.

HIs replacement right now is Kotkaniemi….and although i like KK a tons more than Eller, right now Eller is still the better hockey player.
(But not for long.….i hope)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The trade is a nutshell was perfectly fine. What was not fine is the fact we gave two better picks to acquire Shaw right after making this trade. I don't know what MB was thinking. Did he really think Shaw was a better player? Cause we certainly did not need another 3rd line winger back then we needed top 6 forwards.

MB said it.
He thought Shaw's PO experience and gritty style would help more the Habs and give them a better chance to win.
MB just screwed this one up big time.

Imagine keeping Eller and drafting Debrincat instead…..
We could still have both of these players but instead we got…...nothing, some doubtful prospect and some picks.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No other team would use DD instead of Eller in a top 6 so your point is kind of moot actually. People still talk about Eller because of the ridiculous usage of our centers back then.
Great Eller is still a 3rd line center and Danault is much better.
How come this team seems to have "better replacement" and end up being unable to win a series since that trade?
But at that time, Plekanec was his replacement and then Shaw.

HIs replacement right now is Kotkaniemi….and although i like KK a tons more than Eller, right now Eller is still the better hockey player.
(But not for long.….i hope)
No Ellers replacement was pretty obviously Danault. Unless you think adding Lars Eller would have made us more successful in the playoffs in the past few years.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
That Eller guy that was a key player for Washington winning the cup just like he was a key player for us going to the ECF.
That Eller who's a fixture as 3rd line center for one of the best team in the NHL.

And what Shaw has to do with that? We traded Eller for picks and we could have also keep both back then.
And what Danault has to do with it? Cause lately, he's not playing 3rd line center like Eller is.

Point is….back then the Habs was supposed to go for it and traded away an NHLer (who's having a good career and has become a fixture for another team) and we trade it away for nothing. Eller has been helping the Caps for 4 years now, even got an extension and we got NOTHING, not even an AHLer to help this team for the last 4 years.
he was traded because we got Shaw, and Danault, at a lower salary, able to play his role .
Eller has a career 0.38 % point per matchs . Danault is 0.49%
i will never understand why his name comes again and again in a discussion here ; the guy was such a clueless player that was taking penalties all the time

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
he was traded because we got Shaw, and Danault, at a lower salary, able to play his role .
Eller has a career 0.38 % point per matchs . Danault is 0.49%
i will never understand why his name comes again and again in a discussion here ; the guy was such a clueless player that was taking penalties all the time

Tatar keeps taking stupid penalties, is that Pacioretty trade a waste now? A clueless player does not play a fine role on a Stanley Cup Champion team. In the end, we've worked real hard to win trades for 3rd and 4th liners while we could have easily keep Eller and concentrate elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad