Out of Town Thread Part XXIII

If healthy all year, how many goals will Galchenyuk score playing with Crosby or Malkin?

• Less than 20

• 20-29

• 30-34

• 35 - 39

• 40-49

• 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
One Russian taken in the first round this year tells you all you need to know. The idea that Montreal is anti Russian is hilarious. The whole leauge has been moving away from Russians for at least a decade. Vegas is about to blow through TWO top KHL guys in their only two years in the league lol. Lots of teams haven’t had a significant Russian player in decades, in some cases ever.

I’d be ok with the Habs never drafting a Russian player in the first three rounds again.
I know I don't want anything to do with players from Manitoba...

Especially if they're from Flin Flon.

Edit - throw in the state of Idaho too...nothing good but potatoes comes out of Idaho.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I know I don't want anything to do with players from Manitoba...

Especially if they're from Flin Flon.

Edit - throw in the state of Idaho too...nothing good but potatoes comes out of Idaho.
This truly made me laugh. Those God damn Russians!

Reactions: 417

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Would be hilarious if the Flyers make the post season and we don't.

23F0FA5A-0371-4A8B-B2E8-8114297CF6C9.jpeg

Reactions: peate and the

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Pretty much.

A few new bloods have entered the last few years, but it's always been this way.
It kinda made sense before because the NHL was very much the same style for a while. Since the cap era though, due to new rules put in place and improvement in training/fitness imo, the league took a turn towards youth and skills.
So a lot of the coaches stuck around as you didn't need to bring in some fresh new minds when the league never changed.

Nowadays though, it really doesn't make any sense to stick with the NHL old boys club...You need guys who can coach better with the realities of today's game/world. Some guys have adapted well, but mostly, it doesn't make sense to stick with some of those dinosaurs.

Reactions: 417

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It kinda made sense before because the NHL was very much the same style for a while. Since the cap era though, due to new rules put in place and improvement in training/fitness imo, the league took a turn towards youth and skills.
So a lot of the coaches stuck around as you didn't need to bring in some fresh new minds when the league never changed.

Nowadays though, it really doesn't make any sense to stick with the NHL old boys club...You need guys who can coach better with the realities of today's game/world. Some guys have adapted well, but mostly, it doesn't make sense to stick with some of those dinosaurs.

I agree. And it's nice to see more teams willing to bring in new blood and fresh ideas to their coaching staff. It is needed, as you say, to coach the modern hockey game. They're more in tune with the youth.

Carolina: Rod Brind'Amour
Dallas: Jim Montgomery
NYR: David Quinn
Chicago: Jeremy Colliton
Colorado: Jared Bednar
Vancouver: Travis Green
Anahaim: Dallas Eakins
Washington: Todd Reirden

I'll even add guys like Blashil, Cooper, Hynes, and Cassidy, who have been with their teams for a few years now, but never bounced around from team to team and been around for so long.

And the Habs did well to bring in guys like Bouchard (with Jacob and Burrows) in the AHL and Ducharme and Richardson in the Montreal staff.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
To be fair it still looks better than Drouin's haircut ... or lack of.
Another grandpa that think that man can't have anything else than a short cut hairs . Go outside man , look around you if you go to a city . No , because it isn't like yours , it's bad , ugly and " ça fait pas propre "

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I find it weird when grown men are talking about what other guys wear or what they do with their hair. I don't understand how it affects anyone in any way :laugh:

Reactions: JAPPO

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I find it weird when grown men are talking about what other guys wear or what they do with their hair. I don't understand how it affects anyone in any way :laugh:
when i was younger , my sister asked me to be the father-in-law of her 3rd boy . When we were in the church and that the priest ask all the father-in-law to join the babies , a woman saw me and said " no ! he isn't his father-in-law " seeing me with my long hairs . It was such a stupid comment like if i would be a bad uncle just because of my long hairs ??? . I have always be liked by kids and i used to visit my sister's family at least once a week to have fun with them .
Funny thing is also that in a church , all the saints , Jesus and even God are represented with long hairs and the people from Rome are the one with the short haircut :laugh:

Reactions: Draft

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I haven't gotten a haircut in over two years now and Iove it. It's now long enough to comb back, cover the bald spot and tie it in a pony tail. :naughty: Funny thing is, I see a lot of old dudes doing the same. Must be the 60's hippy coming back. :nod:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

For some, they feel people like this care more about their appearance than their job performance. Like if they look good, maybe nobody will realize they suck at their job. So far its working for Bergefool.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I just remembered something concerning Scherbak complaining that French players could speak French with the staff and each others.

Isn't there a rule in the CBA that the working language of the NHL is English and that Montréal got an exception for French? So both languages are accepted? I remember reading that in the mid-2000.

Reactions: Finnish your Czech

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
when i was younger , my sister asked me to be the father-in-law of her 3rd boy . When we were in the church and that the priest ask all the father-in-law to join the babies , a woman saw me and said " no ! he isn't his father-in-law " seeing me with my long hairs . It was such a stupid comment like if i would be a bad uncle just because of my long hairs ??? . I have always be liked by kids and i used to visit my sister's family at least once a week to have fun with them .
Funny thing is also that in a church , all the saints , Jesus and even God are represented with long hairs and the people from Rome are the one with the short haircut :laugh:

I sure hope that you mean "Godfather" (parrain) :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad