Out of Town Thread Part XXIII

If healthy all year, how many goals will Galchenyuk score playing with Crosby or Malkin?

• Less than 20

• 20-29

• 30-34

• 35 - 39

• 40-49

• 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cause other one was locked.

With Kerfoot and Ceci signings, Toronto is as tight as ever if a team was going to send an $11m+ offer sheet to Marner.

Also wonder if Bergevin, or any GM for that matter, will flex their financial muscle (if they have any) and target Chabot next summer. We KNOW Melnyk’s situation lol.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

With Kerfoot and Ceci signings, Toronto is as tight as ever if a team was going to send an $11m+ offer sheet to Marner.

Also wonder if Bergevin, or any GM for that matter, will flex their financial muscle (if they have any) and target Chabot next summer. We KNOW Melnyk’s situation lol.

Wouldnt they just have to trade one player ? Like Zach Hyman ? They have about 10M$ of room atm.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Don't they have like just below $4 million?

They're at around $9.75m in cap space. They have 24 players, so someone's going to the AHL (probably Marincin) and can put Horton's $5,3m on LTIR. They can get to $10.5m if they waive Petan and his $775,000. Going with 22 man roster.

Still, no space for Marner's $11m ask.

He'll have to drop to $9.5m, maybe $10m.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada

That's an interesting one for sure. I'd try and make enough cap space again next year for him. Isn't he a LD too?... That'd be the blessing of the decade.

I'd rather keep going down this road of acquiring quality young players like domi/suzuki rather than sign guys like Panarin at 11.6M$ AAV and have him depreciate/too much cap space for one player. We gotta chill on getting every big named ufa every summer. Its insane

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

I hope, really hope that we do.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I hope, really hope that we do.

Sorry Ottawa fans, nothing personal, just business.

WuLbJB4.gif

Reactions: JuicyHam

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Whatever makes him sell the team to one of the other groups the soonest is fine by me. I doubt insults are going to get it done though, the dude is legit crazy and will probably take it as additional motivation to stay in charge forever.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Toronto will do whatever needs to be done in order to match any Marner offer.

This board has been talking about offer sheets for several months as if it's a viable option. It's actually more akin to a football team needing a touchdown with no time on the clock, with the ball on their own 10 yard line.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

This board has been talking about offer sheets for several months as if it's a viable option. It's actually more akin to a football team needing a touchdown with no time on the clock, with the ball on their own 10 yard line.
Toronto just signed Kerfoot and Ceci. They don’t have the cap to match a Marner offer sheet at the moment if it’s in the 4 1st round picks territory.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

the word is Mariner wont back down from 12.,5 million..he wants Matthews $$$

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How reliable are these sources really? I've never had anything too incredible come out of the fourth period. Laine would be something Winnipeg is in trouble and he might just be the guy to go
I think TFP actually first hinted at the Aho thing but I could be wrong. I feel like he’s been better lately with these things but still not McKenzie or anything like that.

Reactions: JuicyHam

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Toronto just signed Kerfoot and Ceci. They don’t have the cap to match a Marner offer sheet at the moment if it’s in the 4 1st round picks territory.

It would be nieve to think the leafs haven't established contingent plans based on this scenario. They would have to move some money around via trade, but they will make sure to sign him.

The leafs are not interested in losing their best players for futures at this stage of their competitive cycle. It's not even a consideration.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
How reliable are these sources really? I've never had anything too incredible come out of the fourth period. Laine would be something Winnipeg is in trouble and he might just be the guy to go

Surprisingly Pagnotta has been money this summer. Hes been a joke ever since I can remember but hes been right about everything and hes breaking stuff before the tsn guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->