Out of Town Thread Part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The Bruins also missed out on Barzal, Chabot, Connor and Boeser in one round of one draft. I would call that an extreme fail, wouldn't you?
It's why I can't even call them an excellent drafting and developing team. They are still pretty damn good and MUCH better than us in that department.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The Bruins also missed out on Barzal, Chabot, Connor and Boeser in one round of one draft. I would call that an extreme fail, wouldn't you?

It absolutely does...yet....they are where they are. And despite all those misses, most of their important players still comes from the draft. Tough to call for an extreme fail to a team that will be seeing their 3rd Cup Finals in 9 years.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It absolutely does...yet....they are where they are. And despite all those misses, most of their important players still comes from the draft. Tough to call for an extreme fail to a team that will be seeing their 3rd Cup Finals in 9 years.
Not a single top 10 pick is a key player for them. The saying that you need top 10 picks to be successful in the future is absolute bullshit.

Reactions: b in vancouver

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
And that's what I keep saying all along. It helps tremendously, but you don't have to. Yet, Washington, Pittsburgh and Hawks develop the way they did because of top picks. But Boston does it without them.
Washington also drafted Holtby, Carlson and Kuznestov outside the top 10. Pittsburgh had Letang, Murray, and Guentzel all in the third round. They also had 4 top 2 picks where 2 of them are generational players. I doubt that will happen again. Chicago drafted Keith, Seabrook, Crawford, Byfuglien, and Hjalmarsson outside the top 10.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Chara was traded for and Tim Thomas was not drafted but a free agent signing if we are looking at their cup win and both of those guys were incredible adds. Bergeron, Marchand, and Pasta are great draft picks though and I also have always admired how the Bruins have integrated extra valuable pieces in and out of their lineup. It seems like they can suffer injuries and still have guys come out of nowhere and contribute. It comes down to more than just drafting, its also their development that is admirable. The Bruins are a much better-managed team than ours.

Reactions: Whitesnake

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Don't really qualify because before the season started people thought they were a potential top team due to adding ROR.
While I think ROR was ridiculously underrated here and is a great player, you cant ignore Binnington. They suddenly went from the worst team in the league to 12th.

Reactions: jaffy27

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
you don't have a point if the smartest thing you can say about it is "top 10 picks needed - BS blablabla".
I literally talked about who the caps, pens and hawks drafted outside the top 10. Not my fault you are too lazy to read it.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I literally talked about who the caps, pens and hawks drafted outside the top 10. Not my fault you are too lazy to read it.
look, if you want to have this endless debate where you tell everyone (who already know it) drafting high is not everything, you go ahead.

and if you want to talk about the Ovi Caps, Malking/Crosby Pens or Kane/Toews Hawks, to prove some non existent point that other picks are also important, to some ghost who may have said hick picks are everything, you go ahead.

Reactions: PaulD and bsl

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I switched to the game after 1 minute played. I almost thought the League had given the Blues a free goal

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This series is likely going to a game 7. Seems like the B's will have had half the summer off before they start the finals. :)

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Brian Burke showed the officials angles on the ot goal that should not have counted from game three, showing why they didn't see the hand pass. Agree with him, the fix is with off ice help for the refs.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
While I think ROR was ridiculously underrated here and is a great player, you cant ignore Binnington. They suddenly went from the worst team in the league to 12th.

Yeah, stl is definitely Cinderella. This is a 25 year old rookie with no NHL experience in binnington.

Maroon looks relevant, and they are doing it under a coach who isn't known to be any sort of wizard.

Reactions: PaulD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad