Out of Town Thread - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Was hoping Detroit would win it! Wild one.

By the way they are playing since a couple of months, Philly will make the Playoffs. Carolina too. Who's out ? Habs , Pens or Jackets too.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
By the way they are playing since a couple of months, Philly will make the Playoffs. Carolina too. Who's out ? Habs for sure. Pens or Jackets too.

?? Habs are also playing well lately, although it could change and despite Philly terrific play, they are still 8 points away with 1 more games played. It's going to be hard to keep that pace for another month. I doubt it.....but Carolina is a strong possibility.

Crazier things have happened...Pittsburgh and Columbus are both playing badly lately.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I wasn't suggesting that he should be the guy or that we should be specifically targeting Skinner. I am well aware that he has his warts. His name was used within the very limited context of "what if he's the only UFA who shows interest". Other teams may be reluctant to pay him what he's likely to ask for the reasons you mentioned, however, when it comes to the Habs, they can't be choosers. This has never been a destination for prime UFAs and there is nothing to suggest that things have changed.

Totally get that, we sure have a hard time wheeling UFA. In fact I think we will always have to overpay, MTL is an amazing hockey city but I think warm, low tax, low pressure markets are always going to beat us out unless we significantly overpay. I just don’t see free agency as an angle for the Habs going forward and Skinner is a full on trap for any city.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Totally get that, we sure have a hard time wheeling UFA. In fact I think we will always have to overpay, MTL is an amazing hockey city but I think warm, low tax, low pressure markets are always going to beat us out unless we significantly overpay. I just don’t see free agency as an angle for the Habs going forward and Skinner is a full on trap for any city.

And this is why when we have players who love it here, and there are always a number that do, you keep them here, unless the $ demands are too much. Think a out fairly recent guys, Weise who is back, Pleks, Markov, Rads ( if he wanted $7M to stay he should have gotten it ), apparently Patches and of course PK.

We talk about why guys wont like it here but there are many who do after having had a chance to be here. Like I said , you keep those guys as long as the $ isnt out of whack with what they bring.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Watching this Avs game. Tyson Jost is absolutely brutal. So glad the Habs didn’t draft him.

Reactions: Tuggy

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Free agents look at many factors when making a decision as to where they want to play on a long term contract and some of those that you mentioned are definitely accurate. I also want to say that the quality of talent on a roster/team looking to attract free agents is probably the largest factor and the Tavares signing proved that. He could have stayed where he was in a relatively low pressure market and took his money but he followed talent and a greater chance to win. We need to establish some young star players before we become a favourable destination for a free agents.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad