Out of Town Thread - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Look, Im not a hater, I actually watch alot of Leafs games and Gardiner has a couple of very bad moments every games and most of them seem to happen at very bad times, he has a tendancy to crack under pressure and thats the last thing you want from a defenseman, as for him racking up pts, I actually acknowledged that he was a pretty decent puckmover and when you move the puck well on a powerhouse like Toronto, you will get your bunch of points thats for sure, Im only pointing out that on a lower productive team like the Habs, that play a pretty structured type of game, his weaknessess will stand out even more, thats why I wouldnt touch this guy, no room for low IQ players on the Habs...

Just yesterday, Gardiner was quite awful defensively against a poor Sens team, he would get eaten alive here...
Every player gets eaten alive here. Price, Subban, Gallagher... this guy's played in TO. He can handle it here too.

Left handed shot, skates well and he's much better defensively than your giving him credit for. He'd be great on Montreal.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He played on terrible teams for years.

Have you ever actually watched this guy play? What are you talking about?
He is a good puckmover who is defensively flawed and is weak mentally, I would like to say otherwise but I cant... And yes, I watch probably more Leafs games than you do...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm not saying they're great on the backend but with those forwards, they're good enough. And Gardiner really isn't that bad. People used to say the same thing about Subban. Gardiner's advanced stats are pretty great actually.

Jake was very good two years ago in the playoffs. Last year not so much. I think this year is a pivotal year for him as I don't believe they move him before the TDL.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Every player gets eaten alive here. Price, Subban, Gallagher... this guy's played in TO. He can handle it here too.

Left handed shot, skates well and he's much better defensively than your giving him credit for. He'd be great on Montreal.
lol He is laughed at by Leafs fan, you are totally wrong here about this player... He is about 6"2 200 lbs and plays like he was under 5"10, at 20 yrs old 5"9 180 lbs Mete plays with more virility and is much more reliable defensively...

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Guys!

We could have a Leafs vs Habs series this year!

I just wanted to post this, because it would be SUPER exciting. I also didn't want to post this randomly in one of your other threads with specific topics lol, but this would be so awesome for hockey.

Holy crap was the last time 93? Good Times.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Look, Im not a hater, I actually watch alot of Leafs games and Gardiner has a couple of very bad moments every games and most of them seem to happen at very bad times, he has a tendancy to crack under pressure and thats the last thing you want from a defenseman, as for him racking up pts, I actually acknowledged that he was a pretty decent puckmover and when you move the puck well on a powerhouse like Toronto, you will get your bunch of points thats for sure, Im only pointing out that on a lower productive team like the Habs, that play a pretty structured type of game, his weaknessess will stand out even more, thats why I wouldnt touch this guy, no room for low IQ players on the Habs...

Just yesterday, Gardiner was quite awful defensively against a poor Sens team, he would get eaten alive here...
So what about before they were offensively talented? One could argue the Habs could use a little more creativity. Every team in the league could use a 50pt d man and that’s a fact

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
So what about before they were offensively talented? One could argue the Habs could use a little more creativity. Every team in the league could use a 50pt d man and that’s a fact
Thats what they were saying about Shattenkirk too and as soon as the Rangers signed him I told everyone that it was going to be the worst signing of the summer... How wrong I was...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
If he was a righty, he would play over Zaitsev for sure...

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
During the intermission I watched Sharks Flames and Sharks went from 1 down to
3 -1 up in 2 minutes with some atrocious goal tending. Smith comes in at 2-1 Surrey chirping Kane when he sat on the bench and he lets in the first goal.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Series agaisnt TOR with us being the ultimate underdogs but Price goes Godmode lolol

Although I started looking and finishing with the 1st wildcard would put us agaisnt potentially NYI if they hold on then we would play the winner of a RND 1 matchup Pens vs Caps and let the Trinity of TB TOR BOS beat themselves up lolol

IF NYI wins their Division the best spot to be in is that 1st wildcard

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
St Louis Blues now in a playoff spot...with 3 games in hand over Vancouver..

La Kings in last place in the West and 5 points out of playoffs...crazy

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
St Louis Blues now in a playoff spot...with 3 games in hand over Vancouver..

La Kings in last place in the West and 5 points out of playoffs...crazy

Incredibly intriguing situation in the West as of now. Nobody is pulling away and the terrible teams are hanging around because of it. It’s like nobody in the west wants it.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Poor Ducks with a sixth regulation loss in a row, this time shut out 4-0 against the mighty Sens, and now Gibson is injured? Yikes... morale might be low...

The Playoffs race in the Western Conference will be exciting for sure!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So St.Louis is back in a playoff spot. The playoff race in the west is insane. I've never seen anything like it before. Heck even the Kings are only 5 points back.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariolemieux66

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I indulged in a lot of bragging upon being vindicated by Eller's performance in Washington. He was splendid in two consecutive playoffs, and scored 38 points in the regular season last year, which is a colossal performance for a third liner. It felt good to see that, especially after years of arguing with ignorant posters who would write that Eller lacked vision and IQ.

He doesn't seem to be doing as well this year, he has 22 points in 53 games, so a 34 point pace. However, his goals-to-assists ratio is dropping, he has 6 goals and 16 assists, that is below his historic performance levels. Goals are more valuable than assists.

His ice time seems to be in the range of 15-17 minutes a game, so his coaches are still happy with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad