Out of Town Thread - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Are you aware that 5 of their 6 regular defensmen are lefties and that they want to get rid of their only righty (Zaitsev) cause he is probably the worst D ofthe bunch? Jake Gardiner is a fine puck mover but has no brain and cant defend, make alot of bad plays under pressure and is pretty weak between the ears, I wouldnt take him on the Habs for free... Sure they have Reilly who is easily one of the top offensive defensemen in the league but still, he is prone to make mistakes in his own zone as well... Hainsey is washed up, was once a serviceable defenseman but this year at 37 he is struggling big time... Adding Muzzin will help but still, another lefty while their need was clearly on the right side, they have 2 lefties playing their off side, what could easily be problematic going foward... Up front they have ton of firepower, but still, their young stars still need work defensively, especially Matthews who looks like he is on the cruise control lately, he doesnt forecheck, no puck support, lazy backchecks and poor defensive awarenesses, his game away from the puck needs to be much better while Marner isnt exactly known for his 2-way play as well...

Sure they have a fun team to watch but they are going to hit a wall in playoffs, that team is pretty fragile mentally and tends to give up easily when the games becomes tighter and too physical...
I'm not saying they're great on the backend but with those forwards, they're good enough. And Gardiner really isn't that bad. People used to say the same thing about Subban. Gardiner's advanced stats are pretty great actually.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I would love to sign him as UFA.
Are you sado-masochist? Believe me, you dont want this to happen... No way Bergevin will bring in a low IQ defenseman who tends to crack under pressure... Gardiner is only slightly less worst than Beaulieu...

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Are you sado-masochist? Believe me, you dont want this to happen... No way Bergevin will bring in a low IQ defenseman who tends to crack under pressure... Gardiner is only slightly less worst than Beaulieu...
100% wrong. Sorry. He got flamed for last years game 7. He had been excellent in the other 2 playoff series he was in. Don’t let your leafs hate blind you to him being a good player. Low IQ players who crack under pressure don’t score 50 points and consistently have a good plus minus and underlying stats.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Great skating, puts up points, strong analytics... yeah, what a terrible player.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
100% wrong. Sorry. He got flamed for last years game 7. He had been excellent in the other 2 playoff series he was in. Don’t let your leafs hate blind you to him being a good player. Low IQ players who crack under pressure don’t score 50 points and consistently have a good plus minus and underlying stats.
In the first melt down by the Leafs against the Bruins years back, the Bs had absolutely no answer for him. Unfortunately for Toronto the Leafs decided to play the crap out of Phaneuf in that game until he was absolutely gassed and they went on to lose. But Gardiner was absolutely incredible in that series.

He's underrated.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
How is Boston aheadnof us in the standings when we’ve both played 54 games but we have 30 wins vs their 29????

Jul 6, 2016
How is Boston aheadnof us in the standings when we’ve both played 54 games but we have 30 wins vs their 29????

NHL bias or the fact that Boston has the edge over the Habs in games between the two teams.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
NHL bias or the fact that Boston has the edge over the Habs in games between the two teams.
So if we finish with the same points as them but we have let’s say 47 wins vs let’s say 43, they ahead of us because of a head to head matchup??

I’m not liking that rule if that’s the case

Jul 6, 2016
So if we finish with the same points as them but we have let’s say 47 wins vs let’s say 43, they ahead of us because of a head to head matchup??

I’m not liking that rule if that’s the case

it looks like it... But I am not totally sure. The goals for and against differerential is also at Boston's advantage.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
  • it looks like it... But I am not totally sure. The goals for and against differerential is also at Boston's advantage.

• Tiebreaker: In the event teams are tied in the standings, the following tiebreakers are applied to determine which team receives the higher seeding.
    • 1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
    • 2. The greater number of games won (not including games won in a shootout).
    • 3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
    • 4. Goal differential.

Jul 6, 2016

• Tiebreaker: In the event teams are tied in the standings, the following tiebreakers are applied to determine which team receives the higher seeding.
    • 1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
    • 2. The greater number of games won (not including games won in a shootout).
    • 3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
    • 4. Goal differential.

Right now #2 should apply. Habs have more wins than Bruins. Right ?

Reactions: jaffy27

The90

Feb 27, 2017
In the first melt down by the Leafs against the Bruins years back, the Bs had absolutely no answer for him. Unfortunately for Toronto the Leafs decided to play the crap out of Phaneuf in that game until he was absolutely gassed and they went on to lose. But Gardiner was absolutely incredible in that series.

He's underrated.
Yes he was.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Let’s hope it stays that way. I’d much rather face the Islanders than the Leafs.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There have been several posts alluding to the "super NHL" over the years but I never got to the bottom of it. In what context did he say it and what did he mean by it? Googled it but couldn't find anything.
Its not from Karlsson but from the fans around here. I think theres one legandary post that went a bit like "Karlsson is so far ahead of every other defender that he could play in the super nhl" and it all went downhill from there.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Guys!

We could have a Leafs vs Habs series this year!

I just wanted to post this, because it would be SUPER exciting. I also didn't want to post this randomly in one of your other threads with specific topics lol, but this would be so awesome for hockey.

Reactions: beh3moth

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Dylan Strome has 24 pts in 30 games with Chicago
That trade could end up really bad for Arizona

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Great skating, puts up points, strong analytics... yeah, what a terrible player.
Of course he will put some point on a powerhouse like Toronto, they have 3 pretty dangerous lines that can hurt you anytime offensively, put Gardiner on team with little firepower up front and his weaknesses will stood out even more, I would avoid this guy at any price...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Of course he will put some point on a powerhouse like Toronto, they have 3 pretty dangerous lines that can hurt you anytime offensively, put Gardiner on team with little firepower up front and his weaknesses will stood out even more, I would avoid this guy at any price...
He played on terrible teams for years.

Have you ever actually watched this guy play? What are you talking about?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Look, Im not a hater, I actually watch alot of Leafs games and Gardiner has a couple of very bad moments every games and most of them seem to happen at very bad times, he has a tendancy to crack under pressure and thats the last thing you want from a defenseman, as for him racking up pts, I actually acknowledged that he was a pretty decent puckmover and when you move the puck well on a powerhouse like Toronto, you will get your bunch of points thats for sure, Im only pointing out that on a lower productive team like the Habs, that play a pretty structured type of game, his weaknessess will stand out even more, thats why I wouldnt touch this guy, no room for low IQ players on the Habs...

Just yesterday, Gardiner was quite awful defensively against a poor Sens team, he would get eaten alive here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->