Out of Town Thread - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Leafs's blueline is atrocious defensively, no way they win a championship being so weak on the back end...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That 1WC spot looks pretty tempting so long as the isles are atop their division.

Looks like that's the spot Montreal will be residing after tonight.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
That 1WC spot looks pretty tempting so long as the isles are atop their division.

Looks like that's the spot Montreal will be residing after tonight.
I'd sure prefer taking on any team from the Metro over the Leafs because even if we beat them then Tampa is the likely opponent.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Leafs's blueline is atrocious defensively, no way they win a championship being so weak on the back end...

They have a real good offensive group which is great for the regular season. The real test for the Leafs is what happens when they face a hot goalie and strong defensive team?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
They have a real good offensive group which is great for the regular season. The real test for the Leafs is what happens when they face a hot goalie and strong defensive team?
A wall... Not only their D is atrocious defensively but most of their top offensive players are below average defensively... Thats a pretty spectacular team to watch when their top guns are hot, but their structure is defficient, cant realistically do some noise in playoffs the way this team is build, at least they have Andersen who save their ass on most nights...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
2nd round is within division regardless I think.

I don't think that's true. Didn't the rangers knock out the habs as the wild card in the first round, then play the sens in the 2nd round back in 2017?

That means they stayed in the Atlantic division path.

Reactions: CDN24

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I don't think that's true. Didn't the rangers knock out the habs as the wild card in the first round, then play the sens in the 2nd round back in 2017?

Yes thats exactly what is happening. I also beleive the Metro is likely the way to have a longer run in the playoffs.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
2nd round is within division regardless I think.

Not true, because you could have 3 teams from one division advance to the 2nd round.

You're right, if we beat the Islanders in round 1, we'll face one of Washington/Pittsburgh/Columbus in round 2.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So after try 6 043 568....Flyers FINALLY found their goalie. Team to be careful about if they improve till the deadline. Hart is something else. Hart for Hart.

Reactions: Habaneros

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
So after try 6 043 568....Flyers FINALLY found their goalie. Team to be careful about if they improve till the deadline. Hart is something else. Hart for Hart.
Because I only wish ill on every other team besides the Habs, Steve Mason was an absolute monster when he came in the league.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I’ll say it again. I’d love to see some of these so called young stars play in Montreal. 15 goals would be a Career year
Their PP is deadly. They play an open style
Now come play in Montreal. The players you named are all average at best

And again....Paul Byron. Waiver material. 20 goals in Montreal. Not saying that they are all superstars. Yes, TBay is better offensively. Of course. Yet, how come Sergachev struggles so much offensively compared to his previous year? Even though he's a D....shouldn't his skill set make him dominant offensively even at his age? Sophomore year? Maybe. Probably. Still.....it doesn't explain everything.

Joseph plays an average of 11 minutes total. And he has an average of 12 seconds on the PP per game....

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

don't wanna nitpick but it was try 6 o43 567 ;)

Still way early to say they found the long term stopper .... as we seen lots can go wrong in a hurray...and a hot 15-30 game strip doesn't mean much ...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Adding Muzzin helps them out huge. Reily could win the Norris and for all the abuse Gardner takes he's not as bad as his reputation suggests. Fans turned on him because as a whole they weren't great defensively so he became the whipping boy. Same thing happened with Larry Murphy and he went on to win multiple cups in Detroit.

Toronto absolutely has the horses to win a cup THIS year. I fully expect them to take at least one cup in the next five seasons. There's just way too much talent over there.

Reactions: The90

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

The90

Feb 27, 2017
A wall... Not only their D is atrocious defensively but most of their top offensive players are below average defensively... Thats a pretty spectacular team to watch when their top guns are hot, but their structure is defficient, cant realistically do some noise in playoffs the way this team is build, at least they have Andersen who save their ass on most nights...
Who are these below average defensive players? Serious question. Kadri is an excellent shut down centre, Tavares and marner both have no problem getting dirty defensively and blocking shots, Matthews is excellent with defensive body position and stripping pucks. And nylander has some of the best possession stats in the league. Just because you want to see something doesn’t mean it’s reality.

Their problem I feel like is that they’re just too cocky right now. You see it every time they play a lesser team. They win off skill not off playing well. On the flip side they’ve beaten every top team in the league. If they put it together at the right time they’ll be in good shape

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Adding Muzzin helps them out huge. Reily could win the Norris and for all the abuse Gardner takes he's not as bad as his reputation suggests. Fans turned on him because as a whole they weren't great defensively so he became the whipping boy. Same thing happened with Larry Murphy and he went on to win multiple cups in Detroit.

Toronto absolutely has the horses to win a cup THIS year. I fully expect them to take at least one cup in the next five seasons. There's just way too much talent over there.
Gardiner is our new phaneuf. I know your fan base is the same way. And someone gets run out of town because they took all the heat.

Gardiner’s mistakes just seem to come at the worst possible times. But if you watch him play, he makes great outlet passes, and is very aware retrieving pucks and good offensively. He will be missed next year even though people will say good riddance

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Are you aware that 5 of their 6 regular defensmen are lefties and that they want to get rid of their only righty (Zaitsev) cause he is probably the worst D ofthe bunch? Jake Gardiner is a fine puck mover but has no brain and cant defend, makes alot of bad plays under pressure and is pretty weak between the ears, I wouldnt take him on the Habs for free... Sure they have Reilly who is easily one of the top offensive defensemen in the league but still, he is prone to make mistakes in his own zone as well... Hainsey is washed up, was once a serviceable defenseman but this year at 37 he is struggling big time... Adding Muzzin will help but still, another lefty while their need was clearly on the right side, they have 2 lefties playing their off side, what could easily be problematic going foward... Up front they have ton of firepower, but still, their young stars still need work defensively, especially Matthews who looks like he is on the cruise control lately, he doesnt forecheck, no puck support, lazy backchecks and poor defensive awarenesses, his game away from the puck needs to be much better while Marner isnt exactly known for his 2-way play as well...

Sure they have a fun team to watch but they are going to hit a wall in playoffs, that team is pretty fragile mentally and tends to give up easily when the games becomes tighter and too physical...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Gardiner is our new phaneuf. I know your fan base is the same way. And someone gets run out of town because they took all the heat.

Gardiner’s mistakes just seem to come at the worst possible times. But if you watch him play, he makes great outlet passes, and is very aware retrieving pucks and good offensively. He will be missed next year even though people will say good riddance
I would love to sign him as UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad