Out of Town Thread - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Potential 2019-20 :

Marleau (6.25) Matthews (11.6) Marner (10.0)
Hyman (2.25) Tavares (11.0) Nylander (6.9)
Johnsson (2.25) Kadri (4.5) Kapanen (2.75)
TBD (750k) Gauthier (675k) Moore (775k)

Muzzin (4.0) - Rielly (5.0)
Dermott (863k) - Zaitsev (4.5)
Rosen (750k) - Hainsey (2.0)

Andersen (5.0)
Sparks (750k)

Goalies - 5.75 M
Defence - 17.1 M
Forwards - 59.7 M

Total - 82.5 Million.

Projected NHL Cap 83+ million.

They'll be fine. There's lots of ways to finagle the cap.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Potential 2019-20 :

Andersen (5.0)
Sparks (750k)

Goalies - 5.75 M
Defence - 17.1 M
Forwards - 59.7 M

Total - 82.5 Million.

You really think Kapanen is only going to get 2.75?

The90

Feb 27, 2017

Toews and Kane are paid the same are they not (too lazy to double check that). I figured that standpoint would be the case with his dads odd comments along the lines of ‘why isn’t my son being considered to be the captain of the leafs, he was always the best player with mcdavid growing up’. I can’t exactly argue they aren’t of similar value, but to me I’m taking a centre over a winger every day of the week and twice on Sunday. But I do get the argument for marner as well.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
On a bridge deal 2.75 would be reasonable. And the next year marleau and muzzin are off the books (depends on what muzzin’s # is going to be to re sign). Eventually one of johnsson or kapanen will have to go. The real trouble begins when kadri, Reilly and Andersen’s contracts are up to be renewed. That’s when people start to get shipped out. All 3 are on some of the best contracts in the league

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Toews and Kane are paid the same are they not (too lazy to double check that). I figured that standpoint would be the case with his dads odd comments along the lines of ‘why isn’t my son being considered to be the captain of the leafs, he was always the best player with mcdavid growing up’. I can’t exactly argue they aren’t of similar value, but to me I’m taking a centre over a winger every day of the week and twice on Sunday. But I do get the argument for marner as well.
Toews and Kane won a stanley cup. Matthews and Marner haven't done shit.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Potential 2019-20 :

Andersen (5.0)
Sparks (750k)

Goalies - 5.75 M
Defence - 17.1 M
Forwards - 59.7 M

Total - 82.5 Million.

Why would Kapanen and Johnsson settle at those numbers? Kapanen might hit 25 goals.

And Marner is not going to make 10M. He’s worth as much as Matthews and will demand as much.

The defence is absolutely putrid.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

I don’t see why he wouldn’t.

52 GP, 15 G, 15 A, 30 pts +16

Sure he’s young and really skilled but he hasn’t put up numbers worthy of more than max 2.5 if Nylander got locked up at 6.9 Dubas will get Kap at 2.5, plus he’s an RFA he’s got no cards.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Why would Kapanen and Johnsson settle at those numbers? Kapanen might hit 25 goals.

And Marner is not going to make 10M. He’s worth as much as Matthews and will demand as much.

The defence is absolutely putrid.

Ok now this is just confirmed your bias. Ya near the top of the league with putrid D, okay then. Bye.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Sure he’s young and really skilled but he hasn’t put up numbers worthy of more than max 2.5 if Nylander got locked up at 6.9 Dubas will get Kap at 2.5, plus he’s an RFA he’s got no cards.
That's a 47 point pace. He is definitely getting more than that.

Reactions: le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Ok now this is just confirmed your bias. Ya near the top of the league with putrid D, okay then. Bye.

Zaitsev in the Top 4. Hainsey? Some plug named Rosen. It’s garbage. Just because they are bailed out consistently by Andersen and the offence doesn’t make them good.

Go to your own board and discuss your team instead of justifying these bloated contracts to Habs fans.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I mean the defense is bad, you can't deny it. Muzzin is an upgrade over Gardiner, but you are going to lose Gardiner for nothing. You better pray to god that Dermott is a consistent top 4 dman all year, and that would just be barely above average imo.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Kapanen is the same age as Nylander.

He’s been held down the depth chart just long enough to keep him under the radar for this contract, however your going to have a hard time convincing me he’s going to sign for 2.5M. I’d be surprised if he even signed a 1yr bridge for 2.5M.

Best case scenario for you guys IMO is Kapanen signs a 2-yr bridge for 3.5m. If his agent is smart he’ll let him hit RFA, teams will be lining up to offer sheet Kapanen to a 4M per deal. He’s worth taking the gamble on when all the compensation is a 2nd round pick.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I mean the defense is bad, you can't deny it. Muzzin is an upgrade over Gardiner, but you are going to lose Gardiner for nothing. You better pray to god that Dermott is a consistent top 4 dman all year, and that would just be barely above average imo.
I think many feel dermott is ready to take on a bigger role. Whether that works or not remains to be seen. I understand the d argument, but they were 6th in goals against last I checked (might’ve changed since), I feel that’s an overused argument at this point.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think many feel dermott is ready to take on a bigger role. Whether that works or not remains to be seen. I understand the d argument, but they were 6th in goals against last I checked (might’ve changed since), I feel that’s an overused argument at this point.
Andersen has faced the 8th most shots out of any goalie. Goalies need to be rested for the playoffs. Caps won last year with a well rested Holtby. Pens won with a great duo in Murray/Fleury so plenty of rest. Right now their defense is above average. Once Gardiner leaves I don't think it is above average anymore.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Well those guys have actually lead their team to victory so their contract was worth it. Can't say the same for the Leafs as of right now.
Is there another comparison of 2 players, a franchise centre and winger who signed a contract at the same time to be used as an example? Especially when earlier was posted marner feels he’s worth the same. No need of that man.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Is there another comparison of 2 players, a franchise centre and winger who signed a contract at the same time to be used as an example? Especially when earlier was posted marner feels he’s worth the same. No need of that man.
I never said that it's bad that Marner feels the same. Heck the cap might rise to 85 which would be HUGE for the Leafs. I just see it as a terrible comparison when Kane and Toews have won cups and Conn Smythes.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Andersen has faced the 8th most shots out of any goalie. Goalies need to be rested for the playoffs. Caps won last year with a well rested Holtby. Pens won with a great duo in Murray/Fleury so plenty of rest. Right now their defense is above average. Once Gardiner leaves I don't think it is above average anymore.
No offense man, but the Habs have won more games getting outshot with price overworked in the last 5-10 years than probably any other team. (No I’m not saying Andersen is price, he’s not, calm yourself). Does that mean they were weak teams defensively as well? How many games did they win 2-1 because price stood on his head.

Also, Andersen seems to play much better with a lot of shots for whatever reason. I do agree he could use a few more nights off though. Just that the d situation is pretty exaggerated. It’s a serviceable d, not elite by any means. But there’s enough there to work.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No offense man, but the Habs have won more games getting outshot with price overworked in the last 5-10 years than probably any other team. (No I’m not saying Andersen is price, he’s not, calm yourself). Does that mean they were weak teams defensively as well? How many games did they win 2-1 because price stood on his head.

Also, Andersen seems to play much better with a lot of shots for whatever reason. I do agree he could use a few more nights off though. Just that the d situation is pretty exaggerated. It’s a serviceable d, not elite by any means. But there’s enough there to work.
Why are you using the Habs as an example? I never agreed that the Habs have had good success in the playoffs. Heck we have beaten ONE starter in a playoff series during Bergevin's tenure.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I never said that it's bad that Marner feels the same. Heck the cap might rise to 85 which would be HUGE for the Leafs. I just see it as a terrible comparison when Kane and Toews have won cups and Conn Smythes.
No. You don’t want to recognize the leafs have 2 franchise talents in marner and Matthews. And are justifying that by saying they haven’t won cups. I get that and the comparison had nothing to do with cups. It’s a direct comparison and a good one given their going through the contract process at the same time.

A first overall pick, a top 5 pick on both sides. A skilled pure scorer and a 2 way centre on both sides. Both entering the league at the same time, but a year different in age. Do I need to keep going or?????

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No. You don’t want to recognize the leafs have 2 franchise talents in marner and Matthews. And are justifying that by saying they haven’t won cups. I get that and the comparison had nothing to do with cups. It’s a direct comparison and a good one given their going through the contract process at the same time.

A first overall pick, a top 5 pick on both sides. A skilled pure scorer and a 2 way centre on both sides. Both entering the league at the same time, but a year different in age. Do I need to keep going or?????
Well of course cups come into consideration when the teams best players have won cups. I never denied that Marner and Matthews aren't franchise talents. I just said that I don't think it's a valid comparison since Toews and Kane have won cups and Conn Smythes before those huge contracts. Marner and Matthews have yet to win their team a playoff series. Does that mean they are never going to? Of course not. But as of RIGHT NOW, they haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad