Out of Town Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Koivu was a 1A centermen until hindered by injuries (knee being the first big one)
You mean for the first two months of his 2nd year in the league?

Koivu may have very well become a 1A if he wasn't injured but it happened so early in his career that it's impossible to say.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Norris nom and cup finals vs... ?

I don't see the "wash" here unless you mean us getting hosed.
you are comparing 20 guys against 20 guys when you talk about going to the finals. This aint tennis.

Norris nomination I will grant you.

Weber scores more goals.

we could go on all day.........because its a wash. ;)

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Gallagher is definitely a top 15 RWer for me. Koivu has always been underappreciated for elevating the play of his teammates so I think there is some merit to comparing the two although it was presented as an insult at first. Gallagher this year has been elite in terms of shot generation and Even Strength scoring. The only thing affecting him is his lack of assists which is not that big of a deal. Gallagher isn't getting the respect he deserves for a player that was considered either expendable with Shaw in the line-up (yes go back to the 2016 threads) or damaged goods. The people spitting on Koivu or Gallagher are the ones still stuck in the 70's and 80's that don't look at the numbers to see that the average production for a first liner has changed over the years...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Toronto definitely has a lot more talent than we do, is much further ahead than we are in building a contender but they won’t beat any of those teams in a playoff series either.

That's been my point the whole time. You can disagree with Toronto as a legit contender but you can't then also think Montreal has a shot.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Gallagher is definitely a top 15 RWer for me. Koivu has always been underappreciated for elevating the play of his teammates so I think there is some merit to comparing the two although it was presented as an insult at first. Gallagher this year has been elite in terms of shot generation and Even Strength scoring. The only thing affecting him is his lack of assists which is not that big of a deal. Gallagher isn't getting the respect he deserves for a player that was considered either expendable with Shaw in the line-up (yes go back to the 2016 threads) or damaged goods. The people spitting on Koivu or Gallagher are the ones still stuck in the 70's and 80's that don't look at the numbers to see that the average production for a first liner has changed over the years...
Good post.

However a great first liner with prime ice time/ powerplay and overtime 3 on 3 in todays game should hit at least 82. That more than recognizes todays point total reduction from the days when Guy hit 130, Stevie Y hit 150. Gretz and Mario hitting 200.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Gallagher is definitely a top 15 RWer for me. Koivu has always been underappreciated for elevating the play of his teammates so I think there is some merit to comparing the two although it was presented as an insult at first.

WTF are you droning on about dude?? I'm the one who mentioned it first and it wasn't meant as an insult.

Stop inventing BS

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Stop with what we were suppose to. When we finished 1st in the division, I guess we were suppose to win it all? If so, were we big time losers then? Toronto was said before, during and it will be said after the season that they CLEARLY didn't have the backend to do squat this year. But they have the base up front to build a serious contending team, especially if they are able to trade a few forwards for a great backend.

Since we know nothing, that we are just stupid and dumb fans, how the heck do you take OUR expectations to explain how great a team is?
We’re we big time losers......ugh....ya!!....firings of GM and coach have been alive and well in these parts

Toronto has the base up front.....for now....sorry, they had a great fwd core, they could’ve traded some for D help on the right side.....they didn’t and now they will have spoiled te best shot they had at going all the way.

Mismanaged by Dumbass, wasting years of his prime players.....now no one will give them the value they had on some of their fwds because everyone knows they gonna be in a crunch....losers they are, and in many ways!!

Jul 6, 2016
We’re we big time losers......ugh....ya!!....firings of GM and coach have been alive and well in these parts

Toronto has the base up front.....for now....sorry, they had a great fwd core, they could’ve traded some for D help on the right side.....they didn’t and now they will have spoiled te best shot they had at going all the way.

Mismanaged by Dumbass, wasting years of his prime players.....now no one will give them the value they had on some of their fwds because everyone knows they gonna be in a crunch....losers they are, and in many ways!!

Dubass has made ONE huge error: re-signing Nylander instead of trading him for a top-four d-man.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Except for their work ethic, I don’t see how someone can compare Gallagher to Koivu. The former is a superior talent and was able to do everything better than Gallagher except for shooting.

Calling Gallagher elite is misleading and I always felt we overrated him a bit.

Reactions: BLONG7

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Except for their work ethic, I don’t see how someone can compare Gallagher to Koivu. The former is a superior talent and was able to do everything better than Gallagher except for shooting.

Has anyone called him 'elite'?

There's a difference between 'first liner' and 'elite'. He's a legit first liner but that doesn't make him elite.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Seriously guys, is anyone going to beat Tampa?? 3 goals in the 3rd period against the Broons...

How about that shot by Kucherov to tie it!! wow...

Like I said before. If anyone can beat them it will be the Bruins.

Lightning scored 3 goals in third to take the lead
Bruins scored 3 in second to take the lead.

I think it was the best game I watched all season.

But the lightning powerplay is scary. Both units.

and their 5 on 5 offensive zone pressure is better than most teams 5 on 4.

Jul 6, 2016
Boy, it sure looks like they will, that being said, a hot goalie and tough expectations, and you could be right........but they look insanely good. Stevie Y sure did a great job for them. Their drafting and development is through the roof.

Julien BriseBois too.

This guy was in the habs org.... Can you just imagine if he would had been kept instead of Timmins and-or Bergevin ?

Reactions: BLONG7

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Koivu was a better hockey player than Gallagher. There is no question about that.

Reactions: the

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Dubass has made ONE huge error: re-signing Nylander instead of trading him for a top-four d-man.
Nothing prevents him from still doing so. Nylander is 22, had back to back 60 point seasons at the age of 20 and 21. He can still get back value.

Jul 6, 2016
Nothing prevents him from still doing so. Nylander is 22, had back to back 60 point seasons at the age of 20 and 21. He can still get back value.

Nylander's contract is a killer. Too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad