Out of Town Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
every team goes through slumps..leafs bored? that being said, their D was bad before the injuries

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Can't say I have watched a single full Chicago game this season, but 10 minutes into the third period of their game vs TOR tonight I don't think I've ever seen a passenger as bad as Kane has been in it. Away from the puck, an orange cone would've been more efficient to be put on the ice than him IMO.

I'm only speaking of defensive shortcomings to his game though.

Based on what I've seen of him tonight Drouin is a Selke caliber forward. :laugh:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Wow Leafs almost with an epic comeback there. Last 2 mins were crazy.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Can't say I have watched a single full Chicago game this season, but 10 minutes into the third period of their game vs TOR tonight I don't think I've ever seen a passenger as bad as Kane has been in it. Away from the puck, an orange cone would've been more efficient to be put on the ice than him IMO.

I'm only speaking of defensive shortcomings to his game though.

Based on what I've seen of him tonight Drouin is a Selke caliber forward. :laugh:
Too small a sample size. Drouin couldn't tie his skates.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Am I the only one that can see the Leafs getting eliminated in the first round? They have lots of talent but are a very easy team to play against, there is no physicality in their game at all, I think that the Bruins will demolish them.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
Am I the only one that can see the Leafs getting eliminated in the first round? They have lots of talent but are a very easy team to play against, there is no physicality in their game at all, I think that the Bruins will demolish them.

Gardiner is injured, Dermott is injured. They aren't left with much. If those two aren't healthy for the playoffs, the Leafs defense is downright atrocious and they should struggle, but stranger things have happened...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Gardiner is injured, Dermott is injured. They aren't left with much. If those two aren't healthy for the playoffs, the Leafs defense is downright atrocious and they should struggle, but stranger things have happened...
Without those guys their D looks very much like ours. They wind up relying on only two guys...

Reactions: PaulD

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Without those guys their D looks very much like ours. They wind up relying on only two guys...
Their defense already looks pretty similar to ours. Weber+Petry>Reilly+Gardiner/Muzzin. The difference between Mete and Dermott is not that much. They have the better defense because they gave up a 1st+2 b prospects for a #3 dman. If we made the same trade(thankfully we didn't) we would have the better blueline.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto

I'm not willing to say that the fully healthy Leafs defense (pre-Muzzin) is better than the Habs' defense. I think Rielly is thriving with Matthews, Tavares and Marner on the team. Offensively, he's great. Defensively, not so great. Andersen has been masking a lot of the Leafs' issues on defense. Put Rielly on the Habs and I doubt he'd look better than Petry.

If a team can win consistently with 37 year old Ron Hainsey as their #2 for most of the season, that tells me that their defensive play hasn't had a large impact on the outcome of their games. That'd be like having Jordie Benn as the Habs' de facto #2 and the Habs having a 100+ pt season.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Every team deals with injuries and I understand that it certainly takes its toll. I just see them as being very fragile With some disappearing acts on their roster. Matthews is the most noticeable.

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
Not a chance.Were hurting with injuries to some key guys but all teams get them so not a crutch..Losing fair and square to hungry teams last 2 .

We wouldnt expect you to say anything else but. Ill go with the scumbag Ruins are tanking to be asses. Still scared of the Habs ?

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
I find it so hypocritical by Habs fans saying we barely beat Detroit. We suck blah blah blah. Yet the Laffs lose to Chicago and its because they have a few injuries and how Chicago is still good. Actually no they are not. They are terrible. They are the worst team for goals against by a large margin.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I find it so hypocritical by Habs fans saying we barely beat Detroit. We suck blah blah blah. Yet the Laffs lose to Chicago and its because they have a few injuries and how Chicago is still good. Actually no they are not. They are terrible. They are the worst team for goals against by a large margin.
One thing for certain, unless you are Tampa, there are no gimmes in the NHL anymore....none. You have to go out and play to win...even the Bolts this year, when they haven't done that, have lost.

Habs still control their own destiny. Character/Attitude/Gut check time.

Reactions: beh3moth and Lshap

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
One thing for certain, unless you are Tampa, there are no gimmes in the NHL anymore....none. You have to go out and play to win...even the Bolts this year, when they haven't done that, have lost.

Habs still control their own destiny. Character/Attitude/Gut check time.

Well...Ottawa's a gimme.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Tuggy

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Tavares complained about the goalie dislodging the net and today TSN "Quiz" brought up should this be changed ....

So Freddy does it a few times including once against us if i remember right and nobody talks about it ... but god forbid it happens the Almighty Crowned in September Best Team ever Maple Leafs .... lolol

I don't know about if the rule needs tweaked or if it just happens but just found it hilarious that it happens and Tavares whines and then TSN talks about it lol :)

Reactions: PaulD and jaffy27

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

but Chicago can score goals. Fact is:

Chicago has scored 50 more goals score than Detroit although they do have 20 goals allowed more. Detroit can hardly do anything without Larkin (and even Nyquist).
Chicago has 71 points and is 4 points behind the last wild card spot.
Detroit has 58 points and is 23 points out of a playoff spot.

Now tell me, can you really compare those two games and those 4 teams?

Reactions: DXStriker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad