OT: Out of Town Thread: No Number Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Every time Subban gets on the points board in the playoffs, Bergevin becomes a bigger laughingstock around the league.
Points or not, he's just been awesome. Every time the puck looks like it's getting out of the offensive zone he's all over it. He's just owned the puck in these playoffs.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You know I'm kind of going to miss those crazy Habs superfans, but there's no way they show their faces here anymore.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Another dumb trade.

Could have had a McDonagh - Subban pairing, but instead are stuck with an aging Weber.

Subban is a game changer, Weber is just good.

This team has been addicted to trading away most of its #1 pairing calibre defencemen over the years. Seems Markov the only guy we didn't deal before or during their prime, as opposed to Chelios, Desjardins, Schneider, McDonagh and Subban. This franchise is still in copycat mentality these days. Always trying to emulate the Cup champ of 5 years ago or pilfer from the Team Canada elites. Hey, keep hiring inexperienced, unoriginal fossils like Bergy and this is what you get Habs brass! Molson deserves any criticism or revenue loss he gets as a result of hiring and putting his trust in such arrogant fools.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I've been watching this series.

PK is the veteran catalyst for the team. he's the rock back there. It's hilarious we traded a guy for a trait that he does better. with results, not just intangibles.

pk looking like norris pk.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Bergevin was part of the management group for Team Canada at the World Cup of Hockey and noted that the coaches there made Weber their shutdown defenceman at the tournament.

“The best minds in hockey,” Bergevin said about the Canadian coaching staff, led by Mike Babcock. “They have all kinds of players there on defence, but it’s Shea Weber against (Alex) Ovechkin, against Patrick Kane … he’s the guy. So that makes me feel like you know what? What we saw, it’s what they see, too. And these guys are among the best. So are we all wrong here?”

Apr 28, 2010
Subban, Josi, Forberg, Neal, and Johansen on the ice at the same time.

Contrast to Markov, Weber, Danault, Pacioretty, and Radulov ... only two of the latter players are like the first five, Markov and Radulov.

I know what you're trying to say but I don't think Danault got any PP time.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Patches has no skills. The play dies when he has the puck. Makes me sick.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Had that panel saying PK wouldn't have made a difference in the Rangers series. Only smart one was Kypreos who said he for sure would have made a difference. What will they say now during the 2nd intermission?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
pk with a 5 minute shift.

coach trusts pk.

Subban played entire powerplays in Montreal and lead in ice time every game.

coach mistrusted him.

Habs are so weak up front that they have proved they can lose with Subban or Weber.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Another dumb trade.

Could have had a McDonagh - Subban pairing, but instead are stuck with an aging Weber.

Subban is a game changer, Weber is just good.

Subban and McDonagh on two different pairs, with Markov to boot.

We're fans of the dumbest franchise in the NHL.

How Molson can look at these playoffs and not fire Bergevin is beyond me.

Nashville is my team coming out the West, and I think they might be the only ones who can shut down Pittsburgh. Subban might get his cup.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
There had to be locker room issues nobody knew about. I just can't imagine she a GM can compare these players and take Weber.

Yeah PK was to big for that locker room. They had just renovated it. It was easier to trade PK then re-do the whole thing again.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
OK so the real question is when will Bergy deal away Galchenyuk and Beaulieu as scapegoats? And will they then blossom away from idiotic, caveman coaching like Bergy's best friend JJD or the great Michel. I'm not saying Julien is a great developer of youth either but to me, Bergevin gets identified with that "tough love" ******** Therrien has ridden his whole career on because he put up with it for so long. Maybe, just maybe, Bergevin agreed with the approach? And now he's got 5 years of poor youth development to show for it. The clock is hopefully ticking on Bergevin. No wonder trading Price isn't an option for him. He feels it would be his death knell and Molson would never let ANOTHER fan favourite get dealt away!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Had that panel saying PK wouldn't have made a difference in the Rangers series. Only smart one was Kypreos who said he for sure would have made a difference. What will they say now during the 2nd intermission?

When Nick Kypreos is the logical one in a group that also includes Friedman... oh boy. The media has always had this weird bias against Subban. It's ridiculous.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I didn't get a chance to actually watch him much this year. I only had the stats to go off of. I've watched almost all of him in the playoffs though. He's been great. Can't believe we let him go...

As I said a while ago... great to add Weber. But if you have to do it at the expense of losing Subban then why do it? We should've been looking to ADD like we did with Radulov. Giving up PK, I just don't get it. And it's a huge reason why I'm not sure if we should rebuild now. If he was still here? No freaking way!

Do you actually not get it?

Bergevin didn't like Subban. Subban humiliated him on the bridge deal fiasco, and Bergevin is a petty, vindictive man who wanted his revenge by shipping Subban out of town for whom he thought was a better player.

However, Bergevin, being as dumb as he is, didn't realize that Subban might keep humiliating him if he helped Nashville more than Weber helped Montreal.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Subban with more goals and assists than Max over his entire playoffs in the first two periods of tonight's game.

Good thing we got rid of THAT guy.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Subban and McDonagh on two different pairs, with Markov to boot.

We're fans of the dumbest franchise in the NHL.

How Molson can look at these playoffs and not fire Bergevin is beyond me.

Nah, McDonagh - Subban would be a dream come true of a pairing, you don't split that up. Perfect complimentary skills for each other.

Markov - Petry could easily play their 20 minutes a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad