OT: Out of Town Thread: No Number Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Nice goal by DD in OT last night. Beauty pass by Draisatl too. Sharks parted like the Red Sea on that goal.

He was out with Pouliot & Draisatl. 2 big guys. It helps him a lot when he doesn't have to be the one physically engaging along the wall. Sekera also was fantastic on that shift.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
As one of the biggest DD "defenders" during his time here he still wouldn't be of use to us. He's depth I guess but nothing more for us.

That being said good for him. I hope he carves out a niche with another team but you can't compare him there with him here.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
As one of the biggest DD "defenders" during his time here he still wouldn't be of use to us. He's depth I guess but nothing more for us.

That being said good for him. I hope he carves out a niche with another team but you can't compare him there with him here.

agree with you, so happy for him and a big LOL to all the ones here who where saying that DD has no business in the NHL

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
agree with you, so happy for him and a big LOL to all the ones here who where saying that DD has no business in the NHL

I am happy for Desharnais as he seems like a class act off the ice and did the best he could here, but give me a break with the "big LOL". The guy didn't have a point in 16 games before last night and has played less and less since he got traded to Edmonton, he'll be lucky to get a contract in the NHL next year.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I am happy for Desharnais as he seems like a class act off the ice and did the best he could here, but give me a break with the "big LOL". The guy didn't have a point in 16 games before last night and has played less and less since he got traded to Edmonton, he'll be lucky to get a contract in the NHL next year.

My thoughts exactly. He doesn't even play 10 mins a night.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
DD scored after going pointless for 15 or 16 games. Good for him in a critical game but I'm still happy he is gone.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Kinda crazy, but while that talk was all Crosby in the Columbus series, Malkin quietly put up 11 pts in 5 games.

The top 3 spots in playoff scoring are: Malkin - 11 pts, Kessel - 8 pts., Crosby - 7 pts.

Radulov is tied with 3 other players for 4th with 6 pts.

Still, Malkin with 11 pts! in 5 games.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Kinda crazy, but while that talk was all Crosby in the Columbus series, Malkin quietly put up 11 pts in 5 games.

The top 3 spots in playoff scoring are: Malkin - 11 pts, Kessel - 8 pts., Crosby - 7 pts.

Radulov is tied with 3 other players for 4th with 6 pts.

Still, Malkin with 11 pts! in 5 games.

I think he's playing hurt, too.

Malkin is unreal i dream of the day we have a C like that on the Habs.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
It doesn't excuse the Habs letting this series slip from their grasp but man is the NHL playoff system a joke. We were better off letting Ottawa take the division then we'd have drawn the Bruins in round 1 and with home ice. Oh well, it doesn't change the fact this Habs team ain't a contender. But despite this series, I don't see the Sens as closer to being one than us. Hell I think the Leafs may be closer to that status than either the Sens, Habs or Bruins. Just give them a couple top 4 D-men and maybe another defensive-minded forward and boom they're legit.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
wow what a hip check on Ovechkin.....uh he isn't getting up fast

i dunno if thats a penalty? they were both moving fast , was he even that low?

damn he's going to the locker room run roh Caps

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Wow Kadri knee-on-knee takes out Ovechkin and he looks ****ed. Not good for the Caps. Hmm, somehow Kadri is always in the middle of these controversies huh? Takes out their best goal scorer and gets 2 minutes for it? Sounds like a fair trade-off if you're a Leaf fan/player. You won't see him again tonight based on how he went off. Kadri is a dead man if the Caps ever get up or down by a lot in a game. Things could get pretty nasty! As for now, Washington has to focus on building a lead.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Noice, make em pay.

Please end Leafs Nation's parade.

It is sad seeing what offense from top forwards actually looks like. It's like...they're actually good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad