OT: Out of Town Thread: No Number Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Do you actually not get it?

Bergevin didn't like Subban. Subban humiliated him on the bridge deal fiasco, and Bergevin is a petty, vindictive man who wanted his revenge by shipping Subban out of town for whom he thought was a better player.

However, Bergevin, being as dumb as he is, didn't realize that Subban might keep humiliating him if he helped Nashville more than Weber helped Montreal.

This is exactly what's happening right now and i am so ****ing happy.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Bergevin didn't like Subban. Subban humiliated him on the bridge deal fiasco, and Bergevin is a petty, vindictive man who wanted his revenge by shipping Subban out of town for whom he thought was a better player.

However, Bergevin, being as dumb as he is, didn't realize that Subban might keep humiliating him if he helped Nashville more than Weber helped Montreal.
Sorry, I'll re-phrase...

I don't get how MB didn't give him 5 x 5 or longer YEARS ago. I don't get how he didn't fire MT's ass when it became apparent that he didn't like Subban. I don't get how MB was still our GM after trying to trade PK, lowballing him and then watching the team burn last year.

Is that better?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
And the GM chose his coach over his star player as well. I'll forever believe this no matter who tries to convince me otherwise.

I think this is what it boils down to in the end. Therrien over Subban. He was the easy target to excuse a bad season.

Therrien gets canned 6 months afterwards, about two years too late, and it ended up costing us Subban.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I've been watching this series.

PK is the veteran catalyst for the team. he's the rock back there. It's hilarious we traded a guy for a trait that he does better. with results, not just intangibles.

pk looking like norris pk.

with a team like Nash, hes going to be conn smyth PK

void

Jan 5, 2006
You know I'm kind of going to miss those crazy Habs superfans, but there's no way they show their faces here anymore.

They'll be back when the Habs get off to a hot start next season and win the most prestigious award - the October Stanley Cup.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Had that panel saying PK wouldn't have made a difference in the Rangers series. Only smart one was Kypreos who said he for sure would have made a difference. What will they say now during the 2nd intermission?

Habs still had scoring woes in the playoffs when PK was here. So it's not that much of a stretch to say he wouldn't make a difference.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
We have too many guys that can't seems to elevate their games come playoff time. PK is one of the best at this.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
suits-620x323.jpg

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I want PK Subban to win the cup and bring it to Montreal so Habs fans can enjoy what it's like to see the cup in person.

Maybe he can swing it by Shea Weber's house while he's out in the woods fishing, rub it on his door handle and spread some Playoff Magic Mojo onto Shea Weber for once.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site

How dare he demand a fair contract then when he got a bridge deal go out and humiliate his gracious GM by winning the Norris & being a finalist 2 years later after getting a massive contract out of it because Bergy had tried to hardball him in 2012-13. Clearly this all miffed Bergy and he looked for any small reason to get rid of the guy. He eventually found them and found a suitor for a trade. When your franchise is run by a guy more obsessed with character than any skillset, this is what you get. Oh and when your owner knows nothing about the sport and hands him a 6 year contract extension right before the whole thing starts to sour in 2015 :help:

Lorty

May 7, 2013
Sometimes you wonder why we traded an offensive dman for a defensive dman when Carey Price finished with 0.930 sv% + two years in a row, with Subban in.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
When Nick Kypreos is the logical one in a group that also includes Friedman... oh boy. The media has always had this weird bias against Subban. It's ridiculous.

Nick Kypreos is the alpha male of the group.

He is great again until further notice

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
i thought Weber was really good in our series but he hasn't shown this take over a game in the playoffs on the road like PK can

Subban just has such a crazy ability to take over a game , even in the playoffs......even on the road

**** everything

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
I think this is what it boils down to in the end. Therrien over Subban. He was the easy target to excuse a bad season.

Therrien gets canned 6 months afterwards, about two years too late, and it ended up costing us Subban.

Just like with Roy. He gets shipped cause he wasn't friendly with our new coach so Houle gets rid of him. And then just about 17 months later that very coach steps down cause he was way in over his head. Much like that GM. Hired by an egomaniacial president (Corey) who used his name being on the Cup twice to justify his crazy moves. And now our current prez has his name on the Cup and thinks because of that, his word is gospel and who is PK Subban to upstage him and his foxhole friends?

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
Sorry, I'll re-phrase...

I don't get how MB didn't give him 5 x 5 or longer YEARS ago. I don't get how he didn't fire MT's ass when it became apparent that he didn't like Subban. I don't get how MB was still our GM after trying to trade PK, lowballing him and then watching the team burn last year.

Is that better?

The thing I don't get is that Bergevin came from Chicago and didn't seem to learn anything. If he learned anything from his experience there it should have been that having your #1 defenseman on a cap-circumventing contract is a huge advantage.

He could have offered a circumventing deal to Subban and really set up the team to contend before the lockout, but he thought Subban was merely as good as Michael Del Zotto when he was already as good as Shea Weber, but with worst defense partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad