Out of Town Thread LXXXII: What da other teams are doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Jamie McLennan has to be one of the sharpest analyst in the game today. From his goalie analysis to his overall other type of analysis.
Our D CAN'T give the blue line so easily. McLennan just showed the Rangers and they are extremely high on the blue line.

He's gotten better.. last year he was just like "THIS GOALIE GETS BEAT RIGHT BY THE EAR".

Every goalie gets beat there, it's the hardest spot to stop..

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Watching the Western Conference is like watching a total different league....

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Watching the Western Conference is like watching a total different league....

If the Habs get knocked out before the finals I'd prefer a West team win it all again. Preferably Koivu, Selanne and the Ducks but I'll be happy if it's anyone except the Bruins and that ****ing fanbase.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Debatable between the Rangers and the Wild. I see your point though. It just looks bad right now because half of our top 6 have been no shows so far.

The Wild are a fast, fast team who can pull off some impressively crisp passing. Parise, Pominville, Koivu are known producers and they have showed up. Granlund, Niderreiter, and Coyle have seemed impactful based on my viewing of Game 1; it's just that Brodin was toasted more than once that game.

Marty St. Louis has woken up. Derek Stepan posted a 57 point season, which is more than our little midget; Rich Nash might not be a goal scorer, but he has been noticeable on defense. Brad Richards has been more noticeable than our guys on offense.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
We must have the worst top 6 out of all of the remaining teams.

Desharnais is the key to the first line, let's think about that for a second. He's being manhandled, let's think about that too .

We need help at centre. We need to get bigger and stronger. Eller is not the guy. Plekenec is a 2-way gem but he's not the guy. Briere is near retirement. He's not the guy.

I hope everyone is taking note of this problem now, because memories fade over the summer.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Desharnais is the key to the first line, let's think about that for a second. He's being manhandled, let's think about that too .

We need help at centre. We need to get bigger and stronger. Eller is not the guy. Plekenec is a 2-way gem but he's not the guy. Briere is near retirement. He's not the guy.

I hope everyone is taking note of this problem now, because memories fade over the summer.

...this is where Galchenyuk will hopefully come in...Desharnais is just his place-holder for now...;)

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Definitely not a flop, but Halak has disappointed.

No he hasn't. He has played for two organizations that couldn't yet rely on the young phenom goalie in their systems, and performed well for both teams in those transition years. Can't blame St. Louis for taking the chance to upgrade to Miller (Allen is obviously in the NHL plans starting next year), and can't say he wasn't one of Washington's best players on the ice in most of the games he ended up playing for them, either.

TassieHab

May 3, 2013
Hobart
Jon Quick is an unreal playoff performer.

Yep, there might be better goalies than him over the course of the regular season, but when the chips are down, in the big games there is no goalie I would take over him. Guy is ridiculously clutch.

Hopefully Carey can keep up this type of postseason form and devleop a similar m.o over the coming years. Liking what I have seen so far.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Is it me or is the Rick Nash trade one sided...for Columbus...when the deal was made everybody said CBJ did not get enough, but at 7.8 mil and being basically a 60-65 point player most years, they made out like bandits with...

Dubinsky(good contract) 50 point, great 2 way player with an edge(#2 center)...their captain
Anisimov above average 3rd liner who puts up 40 points.

Plus Erixon(23) with 38 points in 40 AHL games, former 1st rounder.
2013 1st rounder turned into Kerby Rychel a good prospect.

NYR is stuck wirth Nash at 7.8 mil for 4 more years. Dubinsky is only at 4.2 mil and Anisimov at 3.2 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad