Out of Town Thread LXXXII: What da other teams are doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I love how Kane was toying with the Wild in the first, and then when the Hawks need a couple goals, he delivers.

Winner, winner, winner.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I beg to differ. Look up Higgins's stats with the Habs and then come back to edit your post.

Building up a reputation for a "lack of finish" does not come out of thin air, but rather as a response to visual evidence showing he player having the puck on his stick and managing to miss the net entirely or hit something on the way.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Building up a reputation for a "lack of finish" does not come out of thin air, but rather as a response to visual evidence showing he player having the puck on his stick and managing to miss the net entirely or hit something on the way.

So pretty much you are saying visual evidence of Higgins missing chances some chances somehow leads you to believe Bournival who gets very little chances who misses likely just as much has better aim.

Bournival doesn't have even enough of a track record

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
And I could be Hossa too if I could skate, shoot, stick handle, hit, play defense, and a higher hockey iq and sense.
Disproving an assertion of "could be" requires proving that it is impossible for it to happen. It seems like you know this. Only thing is, all you have done is disprove that YOU cannot be Marian Hossa, not Max Pacioretty.

And again, I did not say Pacioretty is Hossa or at Hossa's level right now, just that he has the potential to reach that level. It is no different than saying he has the tools. It doesn't mean he's going to use them just as well as Hossa, just that he does have them.

Out of you listed skills required to emulate Hossa, Pacioretty CAN skate, shoot, and hit. Stick handling is something he has not shown, but Pacioretty has shown something called "potential" with regards to hitting, playing defense(he's played on the PK this year). Hockey IQ and sense is arguable, but Pacioretty rarely seems totally lost out there, and with coach that can teach two-way play

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
So pretty much you are saying visual evidence of Higgins missing chances some chances somehow leads you to believe Bournival who gets very little chances who misses likely just as much has better aim.

Bournival doesn't have even enough of a track record

Yes, you've got me there. My line of argument has run out of steam.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Higgins playing with Koivu was awesome. He was one of, if not our top goal scorer at least once. Dropped off towards the end, but he was quite the household name here, I guess people forget. Not to mention a huge Habs fan.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Jamie McLennan has to be one of the sharpest analyst in the game today. From his goalie analysis to his overall other type of analysis.
Our D CAN'T give the blue line so easily. McLennan just showed the Rangers and they are extremely high on the blue line.

sp33d

Dec 28, 2005
Higgins playing with Koivu was awesome. He was one of, if not our top goal scorer at least once. Dropped off towards the end, but he was quite the household name here, I guess people forget. Not to mention a huge Habs fan.

agreed.

granted he didn't have the softest mitts, but he was one of the few that always played a north-south game and a beast on the PK.

i'd take him back @ his current contract every day of the week.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
lol higgins had like 3 pts in 55 games and you all keep saying he was valuable
Where did you get that stat?

He had 84 goals in 699 shots with us, 151 points in 282 games. His shooting accuracy was at a 12.0% with us, how is that not valuable?

I'm not even talking about the forecheck he did, the speed he brought to our team, his 8 shorthanded goals with us. He played in the two special teams unit in his stay with us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad