Out of Town Thread LXXXII: What da other teams are doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Argh.. Last thread was closed just as I posted so I'll post it here.. :)

What was that I heard from Bruin fans on the non call on Marchand? I thought only Hab fans cried for referee calls? That's what I was led to believe by that Mike Felger guy anyway.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Watching the Wings trying to generate offense reminds me of the Habs this year when they struggled to score for a bunch of games. Lets hope the Habs offense can apply much more pressure on Rask than what the Wings have in this series.

Scoring chances 10-2 Bruins.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Holland is overrated as a GM.

He has some nice pieces and landed a great coach but this team is just full of holes and too reliant on crappy vets.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I can't begin to explain how much I hate the fact that Iggy is a Bruin.

One of my favourite players of all time on my most despised team (this incarnation of Boston in particular).

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Detroit might not score at all today. Even if they played 6 OTs they might not haha (of course that's if Boston was at zero too). Rask is one of if not the best goalie in the NHL but man he gets Team Canada-esque defense in front of him. Carey gets no rispeck. There are people who'll sit up and notice if he outduels Rask in the next series (and then immediately turn on him if he loses in the finals even though Tuukka got ouduelled by Corey freaking Crawford in the same scenario). Rask wasn't there for 2009 or 2011 so we'll see if his struggles continue with us.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

One of my favourite players of all time on my most despised team (this incarnation of Boston in particular).

They haven't taken away his class yet. Only a matter of time before corruption is complete though. We have to help Iggy by eliminating the bruins quickly.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

If Iginla was on any other team but the Bruins I'd like to see him lift the cup one day but as long as he's a Bruin I hope he never gets that privilege. :)

I'd rather Joe Thornton win the cup over Iginla just to silence all the critics who labeled Thornton a playoff choker..

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
They haven't taken away his class yet. Only a matter of time before corruption is complete though. We have to help Iggy by eliminating the bruins quickly.

Lol yeah they'll do to him what they did to a guy I used to respect in Mark Recchi. How long before "Dr. Iggy" starts to question the injury status of an inevitable Hab sticked in the nuts/elbowed/boarded by Lucy?:sarcasm:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
This game has put both of my dogs to sleep.

Detroit scored 5 goals in 4 and a half games of the series. :laugh:

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
The game is just 1-0 Bruins but if feels like the Wings will never get back into it. Their young guys have lost all the momentum and confidence they gained during the regular season. Rask looks very sharp too. He has an amazing d in front of him, but when but his rebound control is elite. We are going to need all four lines going to beat them.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
All series the Wings have been trouble getting shots through; and when they do, they usually miss the net.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Detroit might not score at all today. Even if they played 6 OTs they might not haha (of course that's if Boston was at zero too). Rask is one of if not the best goalie in the NHL but man he gets Team Canada-esque defense in front of him. Carey gets no rispeck. There are people who'll sit up and notice if he outduels Rask in the next series. Rask wasn't there for 2009 or 2011 so we'll see if his struggles continue with us.

Rask had to stand on his head in game 4. You probably missed it.

He's made 129 saves on 133 shots so far.

He's been a heck of a lot better than Price in these playoffs. It's not even close. Price has been average at best. And it's not like Price was subjected to a shooting gallery so far.

I can't stand you apologists making excuses in advance. I just can't stand it. Price has to be good if we are to advance. If you are worried he won't be just don't say anything. You can always make excuses for him after the results of the series if needs be.

And as I'm typing this Rask makes 2 great saves and the wings get a goal on a rebound. Great "canada like" defense there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad