Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Meanwhile, in the National Beer League, Vancouver and Calgary play a game for the ages.

The funny thing is if Calgary wins the last 3 games they will be only 2 points away from us with more RW. In fact if Calgary wins their last 3 games with a 3 points a game system (a more logical and mathematically correct system) they would be in front of us.

The day the NHL will trash this stupid loser point system and embrace a 3 points a game system i'll open an old 100$ whisky. 3 points for a RW. 2 points for OTW. 1 point for OTL. 0 points for RL. ALl games are worth 3 points. The fact an OTL is considered less bad than a RL but a RW is not more important than a OTW is stupid as hell. I hate the loser points system with a great passion.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
The funny thing is if Calgary wins the last 3 games they will be only 2 points away from us with more RW. In fact if Calgary wins their last 3 games with a 3 points a game system (a more logical and mathematically correct system) they would be in front of us.

The day the NHL will trash this stupid loser point system and embrace a 3 points a game system i'll open an old 100$ whisky. 3 points for a RW. 2 points for OTW. 1 point for OTL. 0 points for RL. ALl games are worth 3 points. The fact an OTL is considered less bad than a RL but a RW is not more important than a OTW is stupid as hell. I hate the loser points system with a great passion.
3 points regular
2 points ot win
0 to the loser

Final. Calgary at this point will be at 2 points of us at the end of the season and we made the playoffs due to losing.
nothing else to add.

24-32

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Yeah, miss the old W / L / T
This new system sucks balls.

Reactions: Andrei79

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

You hate the loser point yet you award one in your system lol? But I don't mind your system, just thought it was funny lol

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
With cap circumvention and no tax state home town discounts, Bolts gotta be 20 mil over the cap
It's ridiculous how favored teams in those states are. States and provinces with high taxes should be able to go over the cap to make up difference and actually make it a level playing field.

Reactions: sj315

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

So true. Tampa is full of stars like the original NWO.

Hogan (Stamkos), Nash (Kooch), Hall (McDonagh), Macho Man (Maroon), Scott Steiner (Hedman), Buff Bagwell (Point), Curt H. (Cernak) and Bischoff (Cooper).

Can't beat them. Sting can come down the ceiling with a baseball bat all he wants, you can't beat them when they're all on their game.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You hate the loser point yet you award one in your system lol? But I don't mind your system, just thought it was funny lol

This is not a loser point. By loser point i don't mean giving a point to a team losing in OT i mean giving an extra loser point out of thin air. Sorry was not clear. This is a 3 points system where all games no exception are worth 3 points. With the loser point system a normal game is worth 2 points and you give an EXTRA loser point to a team losing in OT which means somehow for absolutely no reason at all OT games are worth 3 points and non OT games only 2.

This means that a team playing lot of overtime will participate in a lot of 3 points games and a team not playing in a lot of OT will play in 2 points games. At the end of the year it creates a league where the points% are ridiculously high and where 527 points % is actually a pretty bad points %.

If i was taking the decision i would just remove the point for a loss in OT and call it a day and have only the wins column and the losses column. But the league absolutely wants to give a points for losing in OT. That's fine but if you say a loss in OT is not as bad as a loss in regular time then you must also think that a win in regular time is worth more than a win in OT. Logically and mathematically this is the only way to make sense of giving a point to a team losing in OT.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
This is not a loser point. By loser point i don't mean giving a point to a team losing in OT i mean giving an extra loser point out of thin air. Sorry was not clear. This is a 3 points system where all games no exception are worth 3 points. With the loser point system a normal game is worth 2 points and you give an EXTRA loser point to a team losing in OT which means somehow for absolutely no reason at all OT games are worth 3 points and non OT games only 2.

This means that a team playing lot of overtime will participate in a lot of 3 points games and a team not playing in a lot of OT will play in 2 points games. At the end of the year it creates a league where the points% are ridiculously high and where 527 points % is actually a pretty bad points %.

If i was taking the decision i would just remove the point for a loss in OT and call it a day and have only the wins column and the losses column. But the league absolutely wants to give a points for losing in OT. That's fine but if you say a loss in OT is not as bad as a loss in regular time then you must also think that a win in regular time is worth more than a win in OT. Logically and mathematically this is the only way to make sense of giving a point to a team losing in OT.
What i Dislike is when the score is even (exemple: 2-2). Both team are playing for winning those loser point, so not really an excitting hockey for the last 5/10 minutes

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Only if they stop that 3-3 Disney crap and shootout. What is the problem with a tie game ? This is the regular season not the playoffs.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
McDavid hasn't won anything yet and until he does, it's still Crosby for me. SC is a mix of a grinder and finesse player, he has so much on his resume and is still at the top for me. You probably disagree but that's fine by me.
Yes I disagree because no single player will win a cup by himself and the Oilers teams have been ridiculously bad.
Its like taking something away from Eichel because the Sabres never make the POs.
Dont confused individual skills for team accomplishments.

Reactions: Andy

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Only if they stop that 3-3 Disney crap and shootout. What is the problem with a tie game ? This is the regular season not the playoffs.
Nah man, tie games suck. So anticlimactic.

It's a game. Someone's gotta win, someone's gotta lose. I'm not a huge fan of 3 on 3 either (I was fine with 4 on 4) but the game has to end with a winner in my opinion.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Nah man, tie games suck. So anticlimactic.

It's a game. Someone's gotta win, someone's gotta lose. I'm not a huge fan of 3 on 3 either (I was fine with 4 on 4) but the game has to end with a winner in my opinion.
We were fine with ties for how many years... why is it now so important to have a winner in a regular season game ? I thought the point was to win in the playoffs ?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's ridiculous how favored teams in those states are. States and provinces with high taxes should be able to go over the cap to make up difference and actually make it a level playing field.
Im surprised this hasn't been done yet. This isn't like weather or the city's lifestyle that you have really no say over.
A cap adjusted tax system is just logical.

Reactions: Adriatic

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
We were fine with ties for how many years... why is it now so important to have a winner in a regular season game ? I thought the point was to win in the playoffs ?
We'd be literally the only major sport in North America that allows ties if we were to revert back. MLB, NFL, NBA all make sure there's a winner at the end.

Again, not a huge 3 on 3 guy but the reason it's there is so teams stop playing for shootouts. I remember teams just sitting back and playing for the tie when it was close enough just so each of them could leave with a point. That leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to entertaining sports.

And in general, I think that's better for sports. Sports comes hand to hand with emotions, and you feel more strongly with a win or a loss than an anticlimactic tie.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

The main problem with a tie game system (which was not resolved by 3on3 and SO) is bad teams play overly defensibly to get a point cause they know they can't win against good team most of the time. If you are old enough to have seen the dead puck era at the end of the 90ies i can tell you the 3rd period and specially the 5on5 OT were boring as hell. As soon as an unskilled team was involved in a game against a good team said bad team was starting to defend in the middle of the 2nd period and would lock down the center of the ice for over 30 minutes.

Watching a game against Hasek's Sabres was worse than poking your own eyes with a red hot iron bar and then blowing up a grenade right beside your own ears. This was unbearable. But the current system doesn't solve that outside of giving a chance for good teams to actually get 2 points in OT or SO and at least make the OT somewhat fun to watch. Bad teams will still play for the extra point in the 3rd period. I think it's still a better system since it rewards skilled teams after the 3rd period which is what you want to do. The only way to force bad teams to play for the win in the 3rd period would be to make a wins-losses system where losing the game in OT would give 0 point.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Wow, I would have loved to see the Tampa/Florida game go to OT
That was a crazy high in intensity game, hope we play the Leafs the same way!

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Kucherov. Taampa just playingg wells theirs cards. How are the odds. Kucherov been hurt for the season but was okay to play the playoff.? Lol really? Such a nice injury. Timeline was perfect

I really, really want someone to explain to me how they can come to the conclusion that one of the best players in the world would accept to forfeit a season in his prime. Let alone a ton of other actors who would be excusing it as well and foregoing professionalism.

Reactions: zeeto and LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I really, really want someone to explain to me how they can come to the conclusion that one of the best players in the world would accept to forfeit a season in his prime. Let alone a ton of other actors who would be excusing it as well and foregoing professionalism.

More importantly since the insurance kicks in after 30 games (unless i'm wrong) technically that could 100% be considered a fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad