Apr 23, 2012

E1UZ742WYAICrrW

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Hoping we get a Bouchard extended as Laval coach sooner than later.

...or give him a bump up to the Big Club...Dum Dom isn't the guy, imo; too much old-school Julien-Therrien play not to lose in him...a fresh perspective and new ideas & strategies are what the Habs need in a Head Coach right now...my personal choice would still be Gallant, but if the thing that keeps him from being a candidate is still a thing, Bouchard might be the next best alternative...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
...or give him a bump up to the Big Club...Dum Dom isn't the guy, imo; too much old-school Julien-Therrien play not to lose in him...a fresh perspective and new ideas & strategies are what the Habs need in a Head Coach right now...my personal choice would still be Gallant, but if the thing that keeps him from being a candidate is still a thing, Bouchard might be the next best alternative...

While it's been underwhelming with Ducharme, I don't know if I can say with 100% certainty he's not the guy for the job. And the reason I say that is that coaches need practices to really work on the things they want the team to do. We know Habs haven't had much practice time with them playing every second day. When there's a coaching change, there are obviously changes to certain aspects of the game plan and systems. Some more subtle than others. But they need practice time to do that.

Having said that, I would take Gallant in a heart beat. And if there is truth to reports that came out a few months ago, when Habs fired Therrien, they had spoken to Julien and Gallant. CJ also had an offer from Vegas, and had he gone there, Habs would have hired Gallant.

And speaking of Gallant, I heard on the radio today that the Rangers have requested permission to speak with Gallant for the coaching gig.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
While it's been underwhelming with Ducharme, I don't know if I can say with 100% certainty he's not the guy for the job. And the reason I say that is that coaches need practices to really work on the things they want the team to do. We know Habs haven't had much practice time with them playing every second day. When there's a coaching change, there are obviously changes to certain aspects of the game plan and systems. Some more subtle than others. But they need practice time to do that.

Having said that, I would take Gallant in a heart beat. And if there is truth to reports that came out a few months ago, when Habs fired Therrien, they had spoken to Julien and Gallant. CJ also had an offer from Vegas, and had he gone there, Habs would have hired Gallant.

And speaking of Gallant, I heard on the radio today that the Rangers have requested permission to speak with Gallant for the coaching gig.

If the people that wanted to get rid of Julien think they will be happy Gallant then they truly deserve him lolol. Gallant is not very good. He was gifted a competitive team by the nhl that overachieved in the first year mostly because of a few players and lights out Fleury then were tossed away in the final with 4 straight. The next year they added Stastny, Stone, Patch and somehow the team was worse with a first round exit. The next year he wasn't even the playoff picture when he was fired. Despite strengthened rosters his team got worse under his tenure in Vegas. He's incapable of adapting and making any kind of in-game or in-series adjustments. The guy had Ryan Reaves on the power play at some points. He's the type of coach players tune out after 2 months. No problem as an assistant coach though but never as head coach.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
It’s going to poetic justice if Galynyuk wins a Stanley cup with the leafs lmfao

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
...cue Mad Dog Simmonds running Scheifele from behind through the boards or Grandpa Jumbo pulling a McElbow on Wheeler...

First Shift Holl cross-checked Stastny in the ribs from the side into the boards. Wish the Jets had the Balls to give Matthews a good shot in response... but

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
First Shift Holl cross-checked Stastny in the ribs from the side into the boards. Wish the Jets had the Balls to give Matthews a good shot in response... but

It’s a shame they lost Byfuglien. Even Beaulieu for that matter.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Why would they need permission, he was fired?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Ducharme is in limbo. While I agree with what you're saying, his security is also bound to whether MB will be back.

New GMs tend to look for their own coach.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
How about that Battle in Florida? :laugh:

Totally different Tampa team than what the Panthers faced in the regular season; with Kucherov back and Stamkos healthy, they've got to be seen as the favorites...Florida has made a lot of good strides and acquisitions, but I still think they're outgunned and overmatched here, especially with no Ekblad to stabilize that D...my money is on Tampa in five, six maximum...

Reactions: peate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad