Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Great news guys, Hyman should be back for Olympics.
Thank goodness.

More material for the TSN Parody Twitter account, but if you look at the video section on TSN right now.

"Hyman suffers sprained MCL, will miss two weeks minimum"
"Edler suspended 2 games for kneeing Hyman"
"Nylander late for team meeting, status for Tuesday uncertain"
"LeBrun: Hyman injury news pretty good considering the other options"
"Masters: Hyman's absence already having a trickle down effect on Leafs lineup"
"Johnson believes Edler's hit on Hyman was dirty but not intentional"

And finally, "Price starts as Habs aim to continue season success against McDavid, Oilers"

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-19_21-2-3.png
    upload_2021-4-19_21-2-3.png
    691 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: McGees

WG

Sep 9, 2008
How did he pull this off at his age since Gordie was playing into his 70s? :nod:
One thing really helps and it might be more astounding than breaking the current GP record. At age 41, Marleau is currently running the 4th longest consecutive games streak in NHL history, he's just short of 900 straight games played.

*returns from nhl.com* Check that, here's something even more amazing. Of the longest NHL games played streaks, #3, #4, and #5 are all active. You might know based on the hoopla around his possible benching that Keith Yandle is #3 (911). Marleau is 4th at 898. The 5th longest GP streak in NHL history is 889 games.

889 straight games played by Phil goddamned Kessel. I'd be guessing until tomorrow morning and I probably wouldn't have come up with that.

And one final thing to watch for, I heard an interview with the Sharks PBP guy today. Marleau has a game winning goal against every single NHL team except...Vegas, who they play tonight. Wouldn't it be something for a Marleau OT winner tonight.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Sens 3-1 since the deadline...

traded away some vets, replaced them with youth (including our own castaway, Mete), playing free, focused and intense hockey...

good thing we added vets, got rid of/demoted youth... much better approach :sarcasm:

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
When I watch highlights from the other games, I'm asking myself "could the Habs have scored that goal ?"

99% of the time the answer is no.

This team is just awful.

Reactions: sj315 and Hins77

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
When I watch highlights from the other games, I'm asking myself "could the Habs have scored that goal ?"

99% of the time the answer is no.

This team is just awful.
I watch columbus / florida the previous game. I saw litteraly a tic tac to. They were passing the puck at maybe 10 feet of the net, 3 quicks pass. Pif paf dans pantoufle. Îve never see that in a long time in montreal. Im more use to see a garbage goal. Or a rebound lol

Reactions: zx81

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
It's the unfortunate day of the week where we all cheer for the Leafs, for those who want Habs in the playoffs.

I'm not even sure anymore who should I be more scared of. Flames or Canucks...
Perhaps our own team.
:laugh:

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'd be surprised if Domi is back in Columbus next year. The way it's gone for him this year, I can see Jarmo not keeping him to serve the second year of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad