Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Bergie screwed both the Habs and the Leafs with the Anderson contract!!
tenor.gif

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Makes sense for Spezza. I thought he had some fine hockey left. That should be all though as far as vets are concerned for the Leafs. They have no use for Simmonds and Thornton.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Pretty weird to me that Vancouver would bring Travis Green back. God knows there must be better choices available.

...I don't think Green is a terrible coach, he's just handcuffed by his terrible GM...with what he has to work with, he isn't doing a terrible job...

...'Yotes fans seem to hate Tocchet but I can see him being a hard-nosed player's coach, so I imagine that's what Francis wants to start with, a guy that's known as "one of the boys"...makes sense...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Makes sense for Spezza. I thought he had some fine hockey left. That should be all though as far as vets are concerned for the Leafs. They have no use for Simmonds and Thornton.

Spezza along with Nylander were the Leafs' best players in the series against Habs.

He's still got some good hockey left in him. Good for Leafs to hold onto him. Although I doubt Spezza needed much convincing to stick around.

In terms of vets, I wouldn't say that should be all. But I would say they shouldn't go heavy on it like they did. And more importantly, they need to get the right vets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad