Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Is it now that I link his goal against the Bruins just last week or are you going to stop the non-sense?
How about you stop the non sense. Patches has a shot, chuck has a shot(known as a quick release) I can get most of the players in the league with a highlight real shot or 3, but is it how Gally scores most of his goals. Clearly not. But keep it up. Did someone put razor blades in your candy apple. Why are you being so abrasive today. Sheesh

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How about you stop the non sense. Patches has a shot, chuck has a shot(known as a quick release) I can get most of the players in the league with a highlight real shot or 3, but is it how Gally scores most of his goals. Clearly not. But keep it up. Did someone put razor blades in your candy apple. Why are you being so abrasive today. Sheesh
Because its a stupid misconception that Gallagher has no skill. And I know where its coming from. Just the fact you compared Gally to Homlstrom, a guy who basically parked his ass in front of the net to tip or bat the puck in on one of the best PP in history is quite ridiculous.

Gallagher has elite elusiveness in the corners, he turns on a dime, hes quicker than most in short burst, he has hands to match those and he has a good wrister.

Theres a whole spectrum between having an elite shot like Pacioretty and having none like Mete.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
How did he score last night? Oh thats right he bowled over the goalie in what should have been a penalty. Completely skilled SHOT he had. And No I have no idea where you THINK it is coming from.

Reactions: PaulD

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Theres a whole spectrum between having an elite shot like Pacioretty and having none like Mete.
So he isn't known for his shot, gotcha. Which is exactly what I said. Go cool off you are reading too much into something that isn't there.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How did he score last night? Oh thats right he bowled over the goalie in what should have been a penalty. Completely skilled SHOT he had. And No I have no idea where you THINK it is coming from.
Im not saying he doesnt score goals from his tenacity and his eye hand coordination (two other skills.), Im adressing the "no shot, no skill" part.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
While it was a bad comparison- I was more looking at it toward skill vs playing in the dirty areas. Gally doesn't have a shot, or much for dekes but he plays around the net and scores most of his goals from 5 feet of the net. That was more my point. Chuck plays a more"outside 5 feet" of the net kind of game. Skill wise chuck is better than gally, but gally has an immense work ethic and digs hard in the corners. To me they aren't comparable as their skillset is completely different.

Plz dont backtrack on what youre saying.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Im not saying he doesnt score goals from his tenacity and his eye hand coordination (two other skills.), Im adressing the "no shot, no skill" part.
I never said he has No Shot No skill why are you playing games.

"Gally doesn't have a shot, or much for dekes"- Which part of that says no shot no skill. It might be a language thing, is english your first language? Because "a shot" is not NO SHOT. The chasm between not being known for a shot (which he isn't) and no shot is NHLer vs AHLer. YOu can certainly be in the NHL and not have a rep for a shot-which is exactly what i said, not some weird twisted halloween interpretation you are taking for god knows why? And no I don't see him skating through team like drouin can or subban, he plays a hard nose game, that is how he is described.

And why would you put holmstrom down you clearly said Gally has hand eye coordination which holmstrom does and holmstrom had a 30 goals season. That is not an insult being compared to the guy???

I am done arguing with you and wasting my evening. If you want to imagine I said some insult about gallagher then go ahead.

Reactions: muzion and Andrei79

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I could definitely see LA putting in a claim for Condon now.

Doubt it. Condon's awful. Can't see the Kings making up lost ground without Quick.

Can you imagine if they win the draft lottery and get one of Hughes, Dach, Kakko or Cozens to go along with Doughty and Kopitar?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I never said he has No Shot No skill why are you playing games.

"Gally doesn't have a shot, or much for dekes"- Which part of that says no shot no skill. It might be a language thing, is english your first language? Because "a shot" is not NO SHOT. The chasm between not being known for a shot (which he isn't) and no shot is NHLer vs AHLer. YOu can certainly be in the NHL and not have a rep for a shot-which is exactly what i said, not some weird twisted halloween interpretation you are taking for god knows why? And no I don't see him skating through team like drouin can or subban, he plays a hard nose game, that is how he is described.

And why would you put holmstrom down you clearly said Gally has hand eye coordination which holmstrom does and holmstrom had a 30 goals season. That is not an insult being compared to the guy???

I am done arguing with you and wasting my evening. If you want to imagine I said some insult about gallagher then go ahead.

I'm going to deviate the debate between you two because its worth mentioning how awesome Gallagher is.

The guy just gets it. He understands that what luck actually is is preparation meeting opportunity and that's how he gets so many goals from places where luck can occur.

But that's not just it. He's strong as hell, always angles his hips perfectly and always forces defenders to make plays on him. Hes got great cutbacks but my favorite thing about him is how he always seems to time his jumps into play perfectly when space opens up. And, hes just annoying to play against. Id hate to see him gone one day.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Because its a stupid misconception that Gallagher has no skill. And I know where its coming from. Just the fact you compared Gally to Homlstrom, a guy who basically parked his ass in front of the net to tip or bat the puck in on one of the best PP in history is quite ridiculous.

Gallagher has elite elusiveness in the corners, he turns on a dime, hes quicker than most in short burst, he has hands to match those and he has a good wrister.

Compared to NHL players with big time skills, great hands, and speed to kill...... Gallagher is a plumber. A darn good one.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Doubt it. Condon's awful. Can't see the Kings making up lost ground without Quick.

Can you imagine if they win the draft lottery and get one of Hughes, Dach, Kakko or Cozens to go along with Doughty and Kopitar?
A very real possibility.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
He had a nice run in Montreal and then a good one in Ottawa after Anderson stepped away due to his wife's cancer. Because of that run, he earned himself a good contract. But other than those runs, he's been an average goalie.
His time here was beginner's luck, players missing the net on empty nets, shooting the puck right in his chest, bounces going there ways...
When that stop, man it was ugly.
45 wins and 75 loses in 129 games.
If you want to tank, Condon is your man.

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad