Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
His time here was beginner's luck, players missing the net on empty nets, shooting the puck right in his chest, bounces going there ways...
When that stop, man it was ugly.
45 wins and 75 loses in 129 games.
If you want to tank, Condon is your man.
Yes when he all of a sudden stopped playing well in Montreal in 016..................the team nosedived to the bottom of the standings.

If you want to tank.

Condon is your goalie.(or Scrivens)

Bergevin is your GM.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
The "heir" of Ovechkin's throne with his 4th of the year... yikes. Toews has seven...
1521456453363.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We don't always take the time to underscore the good that players do, so I'll add a few more stories involving Ovechkin:

Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin surprised 10-year-old Ann and asked her on a date during the Capitals’ game versus the Carolina Hurricanes on Oct. 5. Ovechkin and Ann, a native of Laurel, Md., met on Sept. 11, during an American Special Hockey Association (ASHA) skate with 60 children and adolescents hosted by Ovechkin at Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the official training facility of the Capitals. During the session, Ann, who has the genetic disorder Downs Syndrome, skated to Ovechkin and invited him on a sushi date. Ovechkin granted her request during the Capitals final preseason game at Verizon Center.

The Best Moments From Alex Ovechkin’s Date With 10-Year-Old Ann (GIFs)

More:

Alex Ovechkin Wanted to Win Car For Ann and Washington Ice Dogs, Honda Hooked Him Up After the All-Star Game

EDMONTON — Alex Ovechkin and a couple of his Capitals teammates decided to go shopping during their day off in Edmonton on Friday when Ovechkin spotted a man on the street without a shirt. By Edmonton standards, it was a warm day with temperatures in the 50s, but it pained Ovechkin to see the man without proper winter attire.

Ovechkin still went shopping, but his purchase of a hat, sweater and winter coat was for the man he saw on the street. A local cafe recognized Ovechkin performing this act of kindness and tweeted about it. Ovechkin’s wife then later posted a photo of a text conversation with Ovechkin in which he told her in Russian that he purchased some clothing for the man because he felt sorry for him with how cold it is here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dmonton/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.552b5d9f9838

Thanks for all you do, Alex. I'm sure you're doing a lot more for others that we don't know about.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We don't always take the time to underscore the good that players do, so I'll add a few more stories involving Ovechkin:

Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin surprised 10-year-old Ann and asked her on a date during the Capitals’ game versus the Carolina Hurricanes on Oct. 5. Ovechkin and Ann, a native of Laurel, Md., met on Sept. 11, during an American Special Hockey Association (ASHA) skate with 60 children and adolescents hosted by Ovechkin at Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the official training facility of the Capitals. During the session, Ann, who has the genetic disorder Downs Syndrome, skated to Ovechkin and invited him on a sushi date. Ovechkin granted her request during the Capitals final preseason game at Verizon Center.

The Best Moments From Alex Ovechkin’s Date With 10-Year-Old Ann (GIFs)

More:

Alex Ovechkin Wanted to Win Car For Ann and Washington Ice Dogs, Honda Hooked Him Up After the All-Star Game

EDMONTON — Alex Ovechkin and a couple of his Capitals teammates decided to go shopping during their day off in Edmonton on Friday when Ovechkin spotted a man on the street without a shirt. By Edmonton standards, it was a warm day with temperatures in the 50s, but it pained Ovechkin to see the man without proper winter attire.

Ovechkin still went shopping, but his purchase of a hat, sweater and winter coat was for the man he saw on the street. A local cafe recognized Ovechkin performing this act of kindness and tweeted about it. Ovechkin’s wife then later posted a photo of a text conversation with Ovechkin in which he told her in Russian that he purchased some clothing for the man because he felt sorry for him with how cold it is here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dmonton/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.552b5d9f9838

Thanks for all you do, Alex. I'm sure you're doing a lot more for others that we don't know about.

Cool stuff @Runner77 , Alex Ovechkin is a star in the NHL but a decent human being as well, the man is adored by so many fans of the game. That big bad Russian is certainly a favorite of mine, couldn't be happier for him to have finally won the cup to add to so many great achievements.

Reactions: Peanut and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Cool stuff @Runner77 , Alex Ovechkin is a star in the NHL but a decent human being as well, the man is adored by so many fans of the game. That big bad Russian is certainly a favorite of mine, couldn't be happier for him to have finally won the cup to add to so many great achievements.

Outside of ex-Habs, he was the main reason I was hoping the Caps would win last year.

And of course, there was that epic flash as he was parading the Cup. Too bad he missed it. :laugh:

Last edited:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Pomminville playing his 1000th game tonight in Ottawa. So who else besides Keith, Plekanec, Spezza, and Pomminville have hit that milestone in the first month of the season?

I just listened to a podcast, it is Ryan Suter and Ron Hainsey will reach it on Saturday (they were talking about Spezza and Hainsey when somebody mentioned Suter). They also mentioned Hainsey was a first round pick for Montreal.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad