Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Habs fans might be jaded because acquiring effective fourth liners is one of the few things that our management has regularly nailed in the past ten or fifteen years.
Not in the past few years... The fourth line has been one of the weak point of this team... Guys like Dlo, Peca, DLR, McCarron, King, Froese and Hudon, just don't contribute enough.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Man Duchene is so damn good. I'd love to have him here.

Drouin-Domi-X
Tatar-Duchene-Gally
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki

That is a filthy lineup. Keep in mind that Duchene also plays wing so he can go on that top line and Kotkaniemi can slide up to the 2nd line. Even if we decide to keep him at center, rolling 3 excellent lines would be massive.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Man Duchene is so damn good. I'd love to have him here.

Drouin-Domi-X
Tatar-Duchene-Gally
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki

That is a filthy lineup. Keep in mind that Duchene also plays wing so he can go on that top line and Kotkaniemi can slide up to the 2nd line. Even if we decide to keep him at center, rolling 3 excellent lines would be massive.
I'd rather have Domi and Kotkaniemi in a top 6 role.

Panarin is a better winger than Duchene.

Case closed ?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'd rather have Domi and Kotkaniemi in a top 6 role.

Panarin is a better winger than Duchene.

Case closed ?
Panarin isn't signing here and Duchene is a lot more proven than our current centers. I would much rather have Mark Stone, but he isn't signing here either.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Panarin isn't signing here and Duchene is a lot more proven than our current centers. I would much rather have Mark Stone, but he isn't signing here either.
Why not ? Why doesn't this team have a chance ?

I'd throw the damn book at Panarin, promise him every thing, I'd even fire the coaching staff and hire a few russians if that helps him, he's that good of a player.

He makes everyone around him better.
And he seems like such a positive lockerroom presence, guy is legitimately having fun on the ice.

Reactions: Kimota

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Why not ? Why doesn't this team have a chance ?

I'd throw the damn book at Panarin, promise him every thing, I'd even fire the coaching staff and hire a few russians if that helps him, he's that good of a player.

He makes everyone around him better.
He already didn't sign with us despite the Habs approaching him before the Hawks. He's also been linked to other teams.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The Habs should make generous offers to each of Duchene, Panarin, and Karlsson on July 1st. They can keep whoever says "yes" first.

Reactions: sandviper

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Duchene’s chances of resigning here are just as much as anyone else. We just got rid of Pacioretty, I’ll take a pass on a guy like Duchene.
I think it's more likely than those guys tbh. Duchene is better than Pacioretty, not close imo.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He already didn't sign with us despite the Habs approaching him before the Hawks. He's also been linked to other teams.
He went to Chicago, which isn't exactly unlike MTL.

Reportedly, he wants to be in a hockey market, he wants money, he wants to be the man, he wants term and he wants to be in a nice city.

Pay Markov a million to take him through the city for a week, during the summer, obviously, take him to a game, etc.

He wants to be in a hockey market, thats for sure, but he seems to indicate some things like he wants a nice location. What is a nice location to him ?

Is it California ? If so, that doesn't fit the hockey market demands.
Is it Florida ? Doesn't fit the hockey market.

Montreal is probably one of the nicest hockey market city there is, so I'd say theres a chance.

Throw him 12 millions, bury Price in the minors if you have to, IDGAF, find a way to sign him.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

Reportedly, he wants to be in a hockey market, he wants money, he wants to be the man, he wants term and he wants to be in a nice city.

Pay Markov a million to take him through the city for a week, during the summer, obviously, take him to a game, etc.

He wants to be in a hockey market, thats for sure, but he seems to indicate some things like he wants a nice location. What is a nice location to him ?

Montreal is probably one of the nicest hockey market city there is, so I'd say theres a chance.

Throw him 12 millions, bury Price in the minors if you have to, IDGAF, find a way to sign him.

Theres no such thing as burying someone in the minors in the current CBA.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What could Nashville offer for Nylander?

Juuse Saros, Ryan Hartman, 1st?
I don't see the Leafs wanting that.
I don't see the Preds needing Nylander.

They have 7M in expected cap space and they need to resign Josi in 2020, thats a gamble I'm not ready to make if I'm the Preds.

I recognize they need to make a move to get better though, they've been stagnating, imo.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Well the Hawks were a cup contender so yes it's a lot different than Montreal.

Yes and hes been related to the Bruins and Rangers. I think he will sign with the Rangers.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well the Hawks were a cup contender so yes it's a lot different than Montreal.

Yes and hes been related to the Bruins and Rangers. I think he will sign with the Rangers.
Panarin-Kotkaniemi-Lekhonen
Drouin-Domi-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Byron
Armia-Peca-Hudon

Rielly-Weber
Mete-Juulsen
Schlemko-Fleury

Price, in full form, not being a debby downer and seeing the opportunity to win a cup, instead of playing for a bottom feeder.

I don't know man, that team looks like a good one to me.

We could even make a run for Murray, for that spot on LD, but I'm not sure if he's better than Rielly/Mete by next year.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What could Nashville offer for Nylander?

Juuse Saros, Ryan Hartman, 1st?

I think they have some pieces, and Polie can get creative, look how he landed Turris last year with the 3 way deal.

But what I think TOR wants but probably won't get, is PK Subban. I don't think Nash would move PK for Willie but if I was TOR that would be my target. PK would add so much more value to that team than what Nylander brings and is exactly what TOR needs.

If Nash is willing to trade PK or one of there other big 4 they could probably get the deal done like yesterday. If not Polie could probably work some sort of 8 way trade to get all the pieces Toronto needs to make the deal work LOL.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Panarin-Kotkaniemi-Lekhonen
Drouin-Domi-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Byron
Armia-Peca-Hudon

Rielly-Weber
Mete-Juulsen
Schlemko-Fleury

Price, in full form, not being a debby downer and seeing the opportunity to win a cup, instead of playing for a bottom feeder.

I don't know man, that team looks like a good one to me.

We could even make a run for Murray, for that spot on LD, but I'm not sure if he's better than Rielly/Mete by next year.
Lol of course I want panarin. I just dont see him coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad