Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
But what I think TOR wants but probably won't get, is PK Subban.

There are 31 GMs in the NHL, and 30 of them would be thrilled to get Subban on their roster. Unfortunately for Toronto, Nylander falls short of the value needed to get Subban.

I don't see them trading any of the big four, then again, Nylander is pretty good ...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Anyway, Nashville has some great wingers, Forsberg, Arvidsson, Hartman, Fiala, Smith and upcoming players like Tolvanen and Richard.

They might want to upgrade on Fiala/Hartman, but Nylander seems like overkill, especially considering what he wants, money wise.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Anyway, Nashville has some great wingers, Forsberg, Arvidsson, Hartman, Fiala, Smith and upcoming players like Tolvanen and Richard.

They might want to upgrade on Fiala/Hartman, but Nylander seems like overkill, especially considering what he wants, money wise.

Can you really overkill when you're in the Cup window, or should you add as many effective young players as you can?

What would you try and add if you were Poile?

If nothing else, adding Nylander would mean that their team could withstand an injury to either Johansen or Forsberg, and still compete.

Reactions: scrubadam and Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Can you really overkill when you're in the Cup window, or should you add as many effective young players as you can?

What would you try and add if you were Poile?

If nothing else, adding Nylander would mean that their team could withstand an injury to either Johansen or Forsberg, and still compete.
No, I don't think you can overkill, but I don't know at which point it becomes "too much".

I guess bumping down Fiala has value, but this can be done without giving a player eight millions, too. Acquiring a slightly lesser player might be better for them, I don't know.

I personally am not a fan of RyJo, I don't think he's good enough as a 1C, on a contender, and that should be the main focus of Poile, upgrading on his 1C... But thats a tall order, one I don't think he can fill.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Another thing to note is Nashville already has a lot of right-handed forwards.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
There are 31 GMs in the NHL, and 30 of them would be thrilled to get Subban on their roster. Unfortunately for Toronto, Nylander falls short of the value needed to get Subban.

I don't see them trading any of the big four, then again, Nylander is pretty good ...

Might be tough in regards to contracts to keep them all so using one of the big 4 to get Nylander could be something they explore. Polie did trade Shea Weber so he isn't averse to moving Dmen.

Would Colorado take a risk on moving Ottawas pick which for now isn't bottom 5 for Nylander? I think that is another team that might be in play. Also heard Philidelphia.

But as far as TOR they should use him to get a D. It would be funny to see heads exploding on here if PK was traded to Toronto.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
No, I don't think you can overkill, but I don't know at which point it becomes "too much".

I guess bumping down Fiala has value, but this can be done without giving a player eight millions, too. Acquiring a slightly lesser player might be better for them, I don't know.

I personally am not a fan of RyJo, I don't think he's good enough as a 1C, on a contender, and that should be the main focus of Poile, upgrading on his 1C... But thats a tall order, one I don't think he can fill.

If you can add a 80 point forward their position doesn't matter. Look at Pasta or Hall last year, they make their team better. Now question is do you believe Nylander is that 80 point forward, and would Polie believe it.

If and a big IF Nylander is as good as he thinks he is worth then he would make RyJo better. And he would also probably add flexibility to move RyJo since they wouldn't need to be so deep down the middle. Turris can be a decent enough number 1 IF Nylander is putting up close to or above 80 points.

Just overall I think NASH can surprise. They got involved in that Turris stuff even though they had RyJo and signed Bonino. They were eleminated last year from the 2nd round because they guys didn't show up. So I think if Polie really wants to go for it this year he is going to add even more talent to his team and Nylander is one of the biggest talents out there.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
All those mentioned served a purpose, Smolinski, Halpern were EXCELLENT 4th line C and we are missing this kind of player dearly.

Halpern was really a faceoff beast. There was another one that we had like that, a fourth line center who went back to Scandinavia, I don't remember his name, though.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If you can add a 80 point forward their position doesn't matter. Look at Pasta or Hall last year, they make their team better. Now question is do you believe Nylander is that 80 point forward, and would Polie believe it.

If and a big IF Nylander is as good as he thinks he is worth then he would make RyJo better. And he would also probably add flexibility to move RyJo since they wouldn't need to be so deep down the middle. Turris can be a decent enough number 1 IF Nylander is putting up close to or above 80 points.

Just overall I think NASH can surprise. They got involved in that Turris stuff even though they had RyJo and signed Bonino. They were eleminated last year from the 2nd round because they guys didn't show up. So I think if Polie really wants to go for it this year he is going to add even more talent to his team and Nylander is one of the biggest talents out there.

Nashville needed Turris. I'm not sure if they need Nylander.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Nokelainen .

Oh yea I think that's it. He was very useful and didn't mind the gritty play. What's strange is that he wasn't traded, wasn't sent on waivers, he just packed his bags and went back home. Never tried with another NHL team. He would have still have been useful too a couple more years.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Also 8 points in 9 games and Arizona fans seem to be happy with him (at least on their board)...what more do you want from him?

Let me guess, Galchenyuk isn't good because Domi is doing better?

I want Galchenyuk to stay offensively impressive over an extended period.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The Habs should make generous offers to each of Duchene, Panarin, and Karlsson on July 1st. They can keep whoever says "yes" first.

Will never happen as that would mean having a backup plan or the ability to plan strategically, neither of which are concepts in our management’s vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad