Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
They have not had any major injuries in the last few seasons. Imagine if one of their big forward goes down for the year or they get a serious injury on D or with Anderson? Signing Tavares was awesome (for them) but the ability to improve what their needs actually are (Defense) became that much more difficult.

- $30M with 11 players signed next year. Add what for inflation? $4-5M?
- How much does Nylander, Marner, Mathews, Gardiner, Kapanen get? Pretty safe to assume they have 16 players signed with very little cap space left. 7 more players to sign with not much cap space.
- The Horton contract is important. It adds $5.3M to their cap space but that can only be applied after the season starts. You need to be under the cap (with LTIR contracts) before the season starts. Ask the Blackhawks why they traded the Hossa contract.

Their D is awful, and they will panic after one injury.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Their D is awful, and they will panic after one injury.

Oh yeah! I remember heading into the year where the Leafs said their D was better than ours and I was being ridiculous for saying the Habs have a better D. Fools! :biglaugh:

One thing they don't realize is they think every single one of the prospects will fill holes and reach their ceiling. They likely have one of the worse prospect pools in the league now too. Bottom 10 for sure IMO. Keep trading those picks for rentals at the deadline is what I say!

Reactions: Habs

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
They have not had any major injuries in the last few seasons. Imagine if one of their big forward goes down for the year or they get a serious injury on D or with Anderson? Signing Tavares was awesome (for them) but the ability to improve what their needs actually are (Defense) became that much more difficult.

- $30M with 11 players signed next year. Add what for inflation? $4-5M?
- How much does Nylander, Marner, Mathews, Gardiner, Kapanen get? Pretty safe to assume they have 16 players signed with very little cap space left. 7 more players to sign with not much cap space.
- The Horton contract is important. It adds $5.3M to their cap space but that can only be applied after the season starts. You need to be under the cap (with LTIR contracts) before the season starts. Ask the Blackhawks why they traded the Hossa contract.
This is why I have no idea what Dubas means when he says he thinks he can keep all of their stars. Did he just expect everyone to take a discount to win?

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is why I have no idea what Dubas means when he says he thinks he can keep all of their stars. Did he just expect everyone to take a discount to win?

I have no idea why people think Dubas is this genius GM. He approaches things in an analytical way but how does this apply to NHL GM who have to actually build a 23 man roster? Expecting guys coming off their ELC where they were underpaid is ridiculous. Yeah, Tavares left money on the table but he is already a multi millionaire just like Shanahan was when he went to the Wings (with no salary cap). I would expect Gardiner to take a pay cut to remain in the Leafs plans but the minute he ask for too much, they let him go! Expecting Nylander, Marner, Matthews, and even Kapanen to take pay cuts in their first contract after the ELC is a childish approach.

All 30 other NHL GM's are going to humble the young Dubas very quick! And he don't have no tax advantage that Yzerman had in Tampa too! Good luck young pup

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I hope someone offers Matthews and Marner ridiculous offer sheets the Leafs have to match, and it forces Dubas to make awful trades to get back within the cap. I'll never be happy until the Leafs are dead last again, and the CBC/Sportsnet crew are shedding tears like the old days.
j696Ek6.gif

Yotes offer home boy Matthews 15 million!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad