Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I don't gamble with money, ever. But if I did, I'd place a wager on a Toronto-Nashville SC final.

Sources of error: I have no idea who's going to be injured around the league between now and then, also I don't really know which teams have deep enough prospect pools to pull off a trade for additional pieces at the deadline.

A few years ago, I think it was in 2012, the LA Kings were out of the playoff picture. They made a strategic acquisition for Jeff Carter, and they subsequently won the Cup. There is such a thing as a perfect trade, that does a wonderful job of rebalancing a team.

Reactions: sandviper

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't gamble with money, ever. But if I did, I'd place a wager on a Toronto-Nashville SC final.

Sources of error: I have no idea who's going to be injured around the league between now and then, also I don't really know which teams have deep enough prospect pools to pull off a trade for additional pieces at the deadline.

A few years ago, I think it was in 2012, the LA Kings were out of the playoff picture. They made a strategic acquisition for Jeff Carter, and they subsequently won the Cup. There is such a thing as a perfect trade, that does a wonderful job of rebalancing a team.
In a seven gamer series. I would take Tbay over leafs in east....and the Bruins, Caps and Pens over the Loafs too. ha!

West I like the Aves and Sharks.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Before I ever predict the Leafs in any kind of final, I'd like to see them win a round first.

Nashville makes sense. But I would put Tampa, Washington, and Pittsburgh ahead of then in any final.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Avalanche is the most fun team I have watched this year. Mackinnon is every bit as good as Matthews and and slight notch below McDavid
Last years play offs puts him ahead of Matthews in my books. Nate was dominating in the six game Nashville series. A lot of great players in that series and he was head and shoulders above any of them. Barely noticed Matthews in his series against the Bruins

Last edited:
Reactions: Deluded Puck

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'd prefer that Olympic hockey be competitive, rather than a picnic for Team Canada. 2014 was boring.

Maybe have the best players 23 and under.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Oilers Pens game was night and day better hockey.

Jets will never win four rounds with Hellebuck in net.

I know the media has them as a favorite contender.

Never happen with Hellebuck.

To be honest, main reason they beat the Preds was because Rinne sucked more than Hellebuck. I would had agreed if we attribute the performance last year to fatigue, but this isn’t even 10% into the current season.

Thing is, I actually do think Hellebuck is decent, but wow, he was beyond brutal last year in the POs.

The rest of their team is great.

Reactions: PaulD

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Oilers Pens game was night and day better hockey.

Jets will never win four rounds with Hellebuck in net.

I know the media has them as a favorite contender.

Never happen with Hellebuck.

I thought he made some big saves for them. Thought Winnipeg lacked speed, their D was pedestrian and the forwards couldn't get in on the forecheck other than Ehlers, who played a great game.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I thought he made some big saves for them. Thought Winnipeg lacked speed, their D was pedestrian and the forwards couldn't get in on the forecheck other than Ehlers, who played a great game.
He did. As any NHL goal will when 40 shots come your way. But he lets in at least one softie a game. More often than not this season...two.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Who cares. When you have a player good for 40 goals and more you live with that. Laine is a threat to score from anywhere on the ice, thats a game changer.
He helped change the game last night. In Torontos favor. :sarcasm:

He is what he is. A natural sniper. OV ,Hull, Bossy, Stampkos like. Heavy shot. But the rest of his game does not compare to any of those players.

But like last years play offs showed. (and last night) He can be a give away machine, not the brightest skater in his own zone either.

The Matthews vs Laine thing is no coin toss by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deluded Puck

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Something I never really understood. Say if I completely murder a player with a dangerous play that puts that player out of commission for say a month. The league then punishes me for say 20 games.

The NHLPA will of course step in and try to lesson my punishment.

My question is why? I just destroyed another player, a player who is also a member of the union. You’d think he’d want the book thrown at me as well. Just never understood why the aggressor is always the one defended. I get I lose money and that has a lot to do with it, but ethically and morally, what I did was wrong.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Tampa Bay is a more complete team. The Leafs have a great team but I just don’t know how they can defeat The Lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad