Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I like Patch but not when he is our best forward. Going to Vegas and buying into their dream season and playing with Stastny was a mistake IMO. He choose familiarity with Stastny/Gallant and I think he would of been a great fit with the Kings.

Should of listened to his agent before he fired him cause he was friends with Bergevin.

Indeed I recall how the offer was deemed low ball by so many after the van Riemsdyk signing with the Flyers. :laugh:

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
No worries he'll start scoring when it means absolutely nothing. I still don't get how over-valued his goal scoring became here in Montreal.

When he was literally the only player who could consistently score 30+ goals a year it's not that hard to see why his scoring would become "over-valued".

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
How the hell did we get Tatar, Suzuki and a 2rd pick for Pacioretty?

Robbery.
It was very good work by the Habs...it sure seems like MB got some inside help on this one guys. Based on recent history, it sure seems unlikely the clown could do anything of intelligence like this...but hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day...lol

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Patch has 1 goal in 8 games with zero assists. Brutal start for him and I can only imagine the pressure he is feeling. He was stupid for not going to the Kings IMO. I would love to know what the return was with the Kings
Involved the 1st for sure. I think the roster player would be Tanner Pearson. And then a prospect, maybe JAD?
Suzuki>JAD
Tatar>Pearson
2nd<1st(although, I don't really like anyone available at that pick)

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So Patch helped us out in our return for him in the end! I like it. They guy deserves respect for how he helped us out! haha
I'm just curious to know what we would have received from the Knights if we traded him at the deadline. I can't even say for sure that it's a better package that what we got, because I'd rather have Tatar than pick #30.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Yeah, that's the thing. I do keep tabs 'cause I liked Lauko at draft day. And the points are there for a kid who just came in the Q. First year. And you are comparing his points while not mentioning he played 8 games while the others played 13. While most guys ahead of him are 98 and 99 born. Trust me, Lauko is having a much hotter start than Hillis.

Hillis has to pick up his game. Big time. As the others have a hottest start than him. That was my only point. No need to try to think that I have already said he was a bust because of it 'cause that's not what I'm saying.
His numbers were the only thing you referred to when another poster questioned the take, so that's what I had to go by.
I also liked Lauko, thought he was good value as a mid 3rd, still I don't see how those are impressive. All the other Q forwards drafted behind him have identical numbers, if not better in some cases.

As for Hillis, I wasn't as high on him as some of the others in the Draft thread were but still recognize he has an interesting skillset so 3rd round is about where I had him. I'm hoping he proves me wrong.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Their defense is so good at creating offense. That Duchene deal was brilliant.
Makar-Timmins-Johnson-Barrie is just unfair for RHD depth. Left side is looking thin with just Girard. I still don't get why they didn't draft Ty Smith, how great would that look?

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad