Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yep. Body and hair by Mr Mojo Risin, face by... François Pérusse:

There, you have it. The mystery of Bloumeister' s avatar resolved :surrender

Time for another Blou's Mantlepiece featuring his Collection of Rotating Avatars.

He's used a similar avatar before but with a different background:

2kqgbo.jpg

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Isn't he usually a slow starter? That's why these comparables with Tatar are way early.

I'm not saying we didn't win the trade, but Pacioretty is nowhere near going to continue as he has up to now.
Nothing about the habs this year is sustainable. Tatar isn't scoring 100pts, Gallagher isn't popping 60 goals.
Patches should pick it up and score 10 goals in 10 games soon, or something like that.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Nothing about the habs this year is sustainable. Tatar isn't scoring 100pts, Gallagher isn't popping 60 goals.
Patches should pick it up and score 10 goals in 10 games soon, or something like that.
Definitely on the Habs side but not sure about Pacs. He is a streaky guy but never had to fight for ice time/chances for a long time in Montreal no matter how much he struggled and has now lost his buddy Stastny who was supposed to set him up. I wouldn’t bet against him but maybe last year wasn’t just an off year

Reactions: Genesis76

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Definitely on the Habs side but not sure about Pacs. He is a streaky guy but never had to fight for ice time/chances for a long time in Montreal no matter how much he struggled and has now lost his buddy Stastny who was supposed to set him up. I wouldn’t bet against him but maybe last year wasn’t just an off year
I would be very surprised if Patches doesn't right his ship. It's true, he's never really had to battle for ice time here, but they might not be doing it right over there. They are using him a lot on the PP. He's not a PP guy, that's not how he scores. If they're not going to use him in a way he can exploit his strength, he'll struggle. We shall see, I'd still be surprised if he didn't start potting goals in. He isn't going to end with 10 goals.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Patches is seriously streaky and always takes 6 weeks to get going. He'll score 20 goals in 35 games. And put up 15 in the other 47.

Have to think Yeo will get fired if this keeps up with the Blues.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Alex Radulov, 4 goals and 10 points in 6 games.
PK Subban, 2 goals and 6 points in 8 games
Lars Eller, 1 goal and 5 points in 8 games
Greg Pateryn, no points in 8 games, but playing ~14 minutes a game, would be better than Schlemko, Alzner, and Benn.

Alex Galchenyuk is getting started tonight. He might start slow, but I expect him to have a good season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Alex Radulov, 4 goals and 10 points in 6 games.
PK Subban, 2 goals and 6 points in 8 games
Lars Eller, 1 goal and 5 points in 8 games
Greg Pateryn, no points in 8 games, but playing ~14 minutes a game, would be better than Schlemko, Alzner, and Benn.

Alex Galchenyuk is getting started tonight. He might start slow, but I expect him to have a good season.

MB is all in when it comes to attitude...
Just not a winning one. :huh:

Reactions: Bryson and PaulD

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Patches is seriously streaky and always takes 6 weeks to get going. He'll score 20 goals in 35 games. And put up 15 in the other 47.

Have to think Yeo will get fired if this keeps up with the Blues.
Yeah they are too good to play this poorly

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Isn't he usually a slow starter? That's why these comparables with Tatar are way early.

I'm not saying we didn't win the trade, but Pacioretty is nowhere near going to continue as he has up to now.
Add to that he will have a tougher time in the west. He will be hard pressed to score 20.

davey999

Mar 9, 2004
I remember posting that we should sign Dylan Demelo when he was a free agent in the summer. Playing extremely well for Ottawa.
Better than Oullette, Alzner and Benn.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

You’re right Pacioretty never had to fight for his ice time. If hes not playing top mins theres no way hes going to produce goals. Hes unlikely to score those en goals too.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I would be very surprised if Patches doesn't right his ship. It's true, he's never really had to battle for ice time here, but they might not be doing it right over there. They are using him a lot on the PP. He's not a PP guy, that's not how he scores. If they're not going to use him in a way he can exploit his strength, he'll struggle. We shall see, I'd still be surprised if he didn't start potting goals in. He isn't going to end with 10 goals.

If he cant score on the pp he wont score any where, his new style of play is not going to work in the west

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Add to that he will have a tougher time in the west. He will be hard pressed to score 20.

I'll take a HF fake coin bet that Pacioretty scores more than 20. He's working with a bona fide top 6 center for the first time in his career.

How much you wanna bet?

If he cant score on the pp he wont score any where, his new style of play is not going to work in the west

So many easy bets to be had in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
So we're pretending that playing in the west is somehow vastly harder than the east again, huh? Cool.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Why the f*** did I pick Pacioretty in my pool thinking he would tear the league apart this year with Vegas while knowing fully what kind of lazy player he is. f*** me for being dumb and not listening to myself.

Reactions: PaulD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad