Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Makar-Timmins-Johnson-Barrie is just unfair for RHD depth. Left side is looking thin with just Girard. I still don't get why they didn't draft Ty Smith, how great would that look?

Maybe they thought they had too many 5'10 guys with Barrie and Girard. Smith would fit like a glove though, can't believe he was available to start with.

I'll also add that I thought he looked better in preseason than Mete did for us last year, but NJ still sent him back.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Maybe they thought they had too many 5'10 guys with Barrie and Girard. Smith would fit like a glove though, can't believe he was available to start with.

I'll also add that I thought he looked better in preseason than Mete did for us last year, but NJ still sent him back.
I would have just traded Barrie for a forward. As for Smith, the only thing that he needs to work on is putting on muscle. He has everything else to be a good #2 dman. Really wish we traded up for him as I think he would look great next to Juulsen.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
strome is such a bust

Ridiculous on face-offs though. He's at 59.26%. Offensively in the NHL he's a dud even though he's ppg+ in the AHL.

Could probably have a career based off his face-off, defensive play. Still has a bit of upside offensively, but no where near the projected #1 C he was thought to be.

That was an unbelievable draft Coyotes missed out on. Marner and Rantanen are the forwards you'd want before Strome.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ridiculous on face-offs though. He's at 59.26%. Offensively in the NHL he's a dud even though he's ppg+ in the AHL.

Could probably have a career based off his face-off, defensive play. Still has a bit of upside offensively, but no where near the projected #1 C he was thought to be.

That was an unbelievable draft Coyotes missed out on. Marner and Rantanen are the forwards you'd want before Strome.

I don't think he's that much of a bust TBH. I still see upside with him, obviously nowhere near Aho, Marner and Rantanen, but still. He's not too far off Turris, development wise.

I remember not very long ago how Sakic looked as inept as Marc Bergevin. Man was I wrong. He retooled this team amazingly
Much easier when you have a talent like Mackinnon though.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't think he's that much of a bust TBH. I still see upside with him, obviously nowhere near Aho, Marner and Rantanen, but still. He's not too far off Turris, development wise.

Much easier when you have a talent like Mackinnon though.
Tell that to the Oilers. Islanders, and Panthers,

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Blues give up the tying goal with 1:40 left in game. Jets had EN. Bouwmeester is really not good. Man, has that guy had a steep decline.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
de la Rose went from sitting in Montreal to sitting in Detroit. Considering how much the Wings suck they should get him in a game soon.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
How were Thomas and Kyrou ?

I really like Kyrou. Kid has a ton of speed and skill and the work ethic to go with it. It's not turning into points for him - only 1 assist in 7 games - but I do think he'll be a quality top 6 forward.

Thomas didn't play for the 3rd consecutive game. They should send him back to junior if they're not going to play him.

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I really like Kyrou. Kid has a ton of speed and skill and the work ethic to go with it. It's not turning into points for him - only 1 assist in 7 games - but I do think he'll be a quality top 6 forward.

Thomas didn't play for the 3rd consecutive game. They should send him back to junior if they're not going to play him.

Yeah, I like Kyrou too. Once he figures out how to use that speed of his, watch out.

I didn't know Thomas was getting benched. I watched two games and he looked like he would stick. Goes to show you how good Kotkaniemi is. He's outperforming guys like Thomas, Necas and Glass. He looks at least as good as Patrick did last year and he was a full year older. In the end, we got lucky to pick at 3.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah, I like Kyrou too. Once he figures out how to use that speed of his, watch out.

I didn't know Thomas was getting benched. I watched two games and he looked like he would stick. Goes to show you how good Kotkaniemi is. He's outperforming guys like Thomas, Necas and Glass. He looks at least as good as Patrick did last year and he was a full year older. In the end, we got lucky to pick at 3.

Agree on Kyrou. Sort of like MacKinnon and Byron, he needs to learn how to use his speed. Has a sweet release, but has been hitting posts.

Not sure what they're going to do with Thomas. They have some depth at center with ROR, Schenn & Bozak taking up 3 of 4 spots.

So Thomas is fighting for 4th line duty along with Blais and Barbashev. Just don't see the point.

Real happy with Kotka as our selection. Still needs to work on his skating, but his hockey sense is off the charts and he knows how to use his reach.

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->