Out Of Town Scoreboard VII The Cup Results Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
MAF will finish in the top 5 for wins.

agreed. he'll probably finish right around 500...he won't surpass lundqvist, and price might move past him one day. still pretty impressive
I didn't realize how close he was, already at 375 and only 32. His days with Pittsburgh are almost assuredly over and if some reason they're not, he'll be the backup only, if his quick pull from the ECF is any indication. He may be able to get 500 somewhere else though.
WIth the pens winning the cup does that let the caps off the hook for a "choke"? Hard to choke a series to the back to back champs.

Meh **** them. At some point you have to beat the Penguins if you wanna win the cup.

I'm skeptical the Capitals wouldn't have choked to the Rangers over these past two playoffs. They played OT in almost every game in the Toronto series and easily could have found themselves in a loss that series, they let Philadelphia hang around too long last year after going up 3 games to 0 and won a nail biting 1-0 game 6 to finally close it out.

I don't trust that team at all and never will. I suppose they deserve ribbons for forcing the Penguins to play 7 games.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You think so? I enjoyed them tbh.

The West was great this year. The East, other than the rags getting upset by literally one defenseman, was very boring and predictable.

Certainly a couple Western Conference series were entertaining, but it just seemed like the level of competition as a whole was down. In fact, it has seemed like that for the past several years. Like it's missing true animosity. It could just be that the refs were taking too much control of the games, or the stupid offsides challenges slowing things down. It seemed like the players had vitriol directed at the refs than each other. The games just seemed to lack true playoff intensity (with a few exceptions). But who knows; maybe it's just because the Devils haven't been relevant for so long that my interest level this year just wasn't as high as normal.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
galchenyuk is rumored to want out.

we get Yukky for Camm (or Zajac) at 50% retained, #36 and #63. is that fair? we would have 4 pretty damn good centers (or fun to watch, anyway) at the start of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad