Out Of Town Scoreboard VII The Cup Results Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Ray still has his fingerprints all over that team so I've got a ton of confidence moving forward. Granted we don't, until we take Patrick/Nico, has 1OA but a good amount of their other guys were brought in one way or another by Shero.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good thing Semin isn't on the team.

Don't worry, he will be soon.

He'll be the steal of the offseason! Pens will threepeat with the help of Semin

Cakes too! :naughty:

If anyone remembers Jiri Sekac.:laugh:

Camille the Eel

First reaction is thank goodness it's over. Long season.

That Pittsburgh ends it on two straight shut outs. Wow. They really picked it up these last two games. And you look at game 7 vs. Washington in that vein too. And the overtime periods against Ottawa.

Somehow the Penguins just always had this other gear they were able to go to when they needed to. I guess that's what a champion is.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Now that the playoffs are over for the year, time for the offseason threads to start:

If each player was a soup, which soup would they be?
If each player had a collection of Micro Machines, which one would be their favorite?
Make your fantasy team of only players who scratch their left buttock but never their right.

etc. until September.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Now that the playoffs are over for the year, time for the offseason threads to start:

If each player was a soup, which soup would they be?
If each player had a collection of Micro Machines, which one would be their favorite?
Make your fantasy team of only players who scratch their left buttock but never their right.

etc. until September.

If Nolan Patrick and Nico were pizza toppings, which ones would they be?

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Although they were a no show for game 5, Nashville was pretty damn impressive considering they didn't have their top two centers.

Somewhere, Shea Weber and Marc Bergevin are consoling each other.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Patrick would be something very generic and simple like pepperoni or extra cheese, Nico would be something fancy and polarizing like pineapple or a margherita pie.

this is exactly why we should draft patrick. what we need is a simple game, which would align with his pizza preferences. while pineapple pizza is fun as a novelty, i don't want to eat it for the next 10 years.

we cannot give the people the right to choose any topping they want. now on this issue there can be no debate. remember- it's a pizza the moment you put your fists in the dough

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
this is exactly why we should draft patrick. what we need is a simple game, which would align with his pizza preferences. while pineapple pizza is fun as a novelty, i don't want to eat it for the next 10 years.

we cannot give the people the right to choose any topping they want. now on this issue there can be no debate. remember- it's a pizza the moment you put your fists in the dough

Exactly, there's a reason why pepperoni has stood the test of time. Patrick=Pepperoni

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
hold up. this argument is stupid. and clearly it depends on what team their own.

let's say we're dominoes and the flyers are papa johns. if i got extra cheese at papa johns, it's bound to be good. i mean, they already have a solid base for the pizza in the forward core crust, and all the ingredients are young fresh.

but if you get extra cheese at dominoes, the tomato sauce might not provide the support for that amount of flavor. sure, everyone loves the extra cheese and it's definitely going to shine at dominoes, but what if it doesn't work well with everything else? i know a bunch of us have been dominoes fans for years, but let's be honest with ourselves

plus, you can't forget the mold the cheese might've had when it was 14. sure, they say it's gone, but is it really????

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
plus, you can't forget the mold the cheese might've had when it was 14. sure, they say it's gone, but is it really????

are you ****ing stupid? SO WHAT if the pizza had mold when it was a teenager- unless there are refrigerator issues (which would've come to light during the crustbine) there's no reason to believe that it will be a recurring issue.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
are you ****ing stupid? SO WHAT if the pizza had mold when it was a teenager- unless there are refrigerator issues (which would've come to light during the crustbine) there's no reason to believe that it will be a recurring issue.

yeah, but if even a small part of that mold is still there and it grows and turns the pizza inedible, i'm gonna regret ever getting extra cheese at dominoes. i'd rather let papa johns deal with that. i'd rather get the pineapple on my pizza, which obviously has no mold issues

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Captaining three Stanley Cup winners before age 30. I really do appreciate every chance I have to watch Sidney Crosby.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Captaining three Stanley Cup winners before age 30. I really do appreciate every chance I have to watch Sidney Crosby.

didn't realize he doesn't turn 30 until this year...i thought he was a loooot older than that. really impressive...i don't know, i find it very hard to hate him as much as other fans do.

Camille the Eel

Debriefing this series, for anyone who still wants to think about it -

Nashville was clearly outclassed on the front line. They did not match up in scoring skill up front with Pittsburgh and once the checking got tight, well, it's impossible to win if you don't score. Having Johanson and Fiala hurt did not help.

In their absence they needed Forsberg to step up in the series and he gave them nothing, besides steady positional play. Guys like Sissons and Smith showed they have talent. They may develop and push them over the top, but . . .

When they are talking about getting back here (as all losers do) I don't think it's going to be that easy. They will catch no one by surprise next year. Unless they add a couple or three top end forwards, they may have had their shot for the time being.

For Pittsburgh a big unsung hero was Kunitz. Great assist on the winning goal. A Jacques Lemaire type player who's a winner, meaning the guy who's more than fundamentally sound and raises his game every time the team needs a play.

Pittsburgh showed in the series and playoffs as a whole that they were able to adjust their entire style of play when needed; become a tight back checking team, controlling their counterattacks, and living off the forecheck when necessary. A good cohesive well coached group; maybe the best pure coaching job I've seen in a decade in this playoffs, because of the way they were able to adjust their style when necessary. A very mentally strong and intelligent team along with having all that talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad