Out of Town Scoreboard - Preseason & Regular Season 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
I think Zadorov crapped his pants when Lucic came up to him and popped him in the face for a hit he threw.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
yeah they're pretty much doing with philly what they did with us last year

exhibition and first regulation game abroad, behind the glass, etc.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My gut tells me to be optimistic about tomorrow but I'll believe it when I see it. We always struggle with the Jets

God help this place if we lose to the Jets after the Rangers waltzed past them...it'd be DEFCON 2 in record time, since maybe the Dallas opener meltdown at the start of the MacLean error in '09.

And their backup playing too...we might add to the 'Devils make x backup look good' meme :P

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
God help this place if we lose to the Jets after the Rangers waltzed past them...it'd be DEFCON 2 in record time, since maybe the Dallas opener meltdown at the start of the MacLean error in '09.

And their backup playing too...we might add to the 'Devils make x backup look good' meme :P

I wouldn’t say waltzed. They got caved in. If they got competent goaltending they win going away.

I also rather play Hellebuyck then their backup right now. The backup can’t be any worse then him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The fact their 'backup' had much better numbers last year than their franchise goalie signed for the next five years is a bit of a problem for them.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Jets vs Rangers: 5 goals against Hellebuyck, 3 stoppable. 4 goals against Lundqvist, 1 stoppable. What a horrid night for Hellebuyck. He by far jumps into the league lead on this. He was near the league lead in goals I counted stoppable last year too.

Sabres vs Penguins: 1 goal against Hutton, no chance. 3 goals against Murray, no chance on any.

Canadiens vs Hurricanes: 3 goals against Price, no chance on any. 3 goals against Mrazek, 1 stoppable.

Panthers vs Lightning: 4 goals against Bobrovsky, no chance on any. 2 goals against Vasilevskiy, no chance on either.

Wild vs Predators: 4 goals against Dubnyk, no chance on any. 2 goals against Rinne, no chance on either.

Bruins vs Stars: 1 goal against Rask and it's stoppable. 2 goals against Bishop, 1 stoppable.

Flames vs Avalanche: 4 goals against Rittich, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Grubauer, no chance on any.

Coyotes vs Ducks: 2 goals against Kuemper, no chance on either. 1 goal against Gibson, no chance.

So that's 44 goals against goalies tonight, 8 are stoppable. That's 18% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .915%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is pretty easily this horrid wraparound goal scored by Marc Staal.

When did the Jets get Ullmark? Oh wait! It's Hellebuyck!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight.

Jets vs Devils: 4 goals against Brossoit, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Schneider, no chance on either. 2 goals against Blackwood, 1 stoppable.

Blackhawks vs Flyers: 4 goals against Crawford, 3 stoppable. 3 goals against Hart, 1 stoppable.

Capitals vs Islanders: 1 goal against Samsonov, no chance. It was a pretty sweet goal by Gudas on his own team though.:eek: 2 goals against Varlamov, 1 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Blue Jackets: 1 goal against Andersen, no chance. 4 goals against Korpisalo, 2 stoppable.

Golden Knights vs Sharks: 1 goal against Fleury, no chance. 5 goals against Jones, 2 stoppable. The goal on Fleury is one of those rebounds that was borderline on what I would count for a stoppable goal from a rebound. It came either off of his chest or possibly out of his glove, he tries to jump on it to cover, but just can't reach it and it's put in. He didn't look happy with himself on it. He didn't have it completely shut down to his chest or in his glove, so I won't nail him on that one.

So that's 29 goals scored on goalies tonight, 12 are stoppable. That's 41% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .908%. Unlike the first two nights of the season, there were a lot of stoppable goals tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this William Carrier goal on Martin Jones. I swear this guy can only score goals when the goalie makes some hilarious gaffe. He's the same one who scored that really awful goal on Cory last year.

Crawford allowed a hideous wraparound goal today to the Flyers and I thought that would be softy of the night. The Vatanen goal on Brossoit was also very bad.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Softy of the night is this William Carrier goal on Martin Jones. I swear this guy can only score goals when the goalie makes some hilarious gaffe. He's the same one who scored that really awful goal on Cory last year.

Crawford allowed a hideous wraparound goal today to the Flyers and I thought that would be softy of the night. The Vatanen goal on Brossoit was also very bad.

as soft as this pooch….should be the '20 season mascot for "Softy of the night"…just imagine how soft that fur would be

28c731a14ebbeee41e41ef93814cf2c9.jpg

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I half think this is a major reason in finding a scapegoat as quickly as possible...to distract from this fact.​

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Devils vs Sabres: 7 goals against Blackwood, 3 stoppable. Originally nailed him on goal 4, but I really can't. Goals 1, 2 and 6 were all stoppable to poor. 2 goals against Hutton, 1 stoppable.

Lightning vs Panthers: 4 goals against Vasilevskiy, no chance on any. 3 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable.

Blue Jackets vs Penguins: 7 goals against Merzlikins, 4 stoppable. 2 goals against Murray, no chance on either. This Elvis Merzlikins guy looked horrific. Almost all of the goals I counted stoppable were just astronomically bad. Worse than any of Blackwood's tonight. He might be the worst goalie in the league. I'm expected him to be waived/sent to the AHL after this one.

Rangers vs Senators: 1 goal against Georgiev, no chance. 4 goals against Anderson, no chance on any.

Hurricanes vs Capitals: 2 goals against Reimer, no chance on either. 3 goals against Holtby, 1 stoppable.

Red Wings vs Predators: 3 goals against Howard, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Rinne, 2 stoppable.

Stars vs Blues: 3 goals against Bishop, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Binnington and both are stoppable. Both goals were really bad.

Canadiens vs Maple Leafs: 5 goals against Price, 2 stoppable. 5 goals against Hutchinson, 1 stoppable.

Bruins vs Coyotes: 1 goal against Kuemper and it's stoppable. Halak gets the shutout.

Wild vs Avalanche: 3 goals against Dubnyk, no chance on any. 2 goals against Grubauer, no chance on either.

Sharks vs Ducks: 3 goals against Dell, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Gibson, no chance.

Kings vs Oilers: 6 goals against Quick, no chance on any. 5 goals against Smith, 3 stoppable. 2 of them were giveaways on back to back goals on the first two goals against.

Canucks vs Flames: 2 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable. Rittich gets the shutout.

So that's 80 goals scored on goalies tonight, 25 of them are stoppable. That's 31% of the goals scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .905%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Marcus Pettersson goal on Elvis Merzlikins. Should have been a routine glove save. There were 3 other bad goals too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad