Out of Town Scoreboard - Preseason & Regular Season 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They are most likely going to dump one or two of their pending UFA forwards at the deadline (and sadly get s decent haul). I don’t think they have any illusions of trying for the playoffs.

I would say that's their likely play if Gorton was still in charge but with JD running it I'm not as sure they're going to stay on the rebuild path, especially after going all in on Panarin.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The Bruins are doing to the Hawks what I hoped the Devil's would do to the Jackets.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
remember the other night when they "destroyed" us (Boston), this board went nuts !, what did we give up 3 goals !

To be fair, they didn't have Pastrnak (who had a hat-trick), Marchand, Bergeron or Coyle when they played us. It might have been 8 nothing if they had those guys.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
And we were playing our full roster? Come on.

Look, I get it. It's preseason, it's meaningless, full team isn't together, some or most of the guys don't care. I know. Still, it's not good to get dominated to that level. Doesn't mean the sky is falling.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Look, I get it. It's preseason, it's meaningless, full team isn't together, some or most of the guys don't care. I know. Still, it's not good to get dominated to that level. Doesn't mean the sky is falling.

Expect it doesn’t matter. You can’t go and say “imagine if they had their full team” and then just dismiss the fact we were playing with half a deck as well.

We aren’t the first or last team to play a lackluster road preseason game.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Expect it doesn’t matter. You can’t go and say “imagine if they had their full team” and then just dismiss the fact we were playing with half a deck as well.

We aren’t the first or last team to play a lackluster road preseason game.

Did I understand Hynes correctly in his post game today, that for both the Boston and Columbus games they had a long practice in Newark and then got on a plane to the game and played? If that's the case, I just don't understand. I get not caring about the result, no problem there, I'm 100% on board. But I just really think an actual game, even a preseason game, should be treated a little bit differently than that. Fly in the night before, light skate in the morning, everyone ready to go when the puck drops.

Reactions: My3Sons

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Did I understand Hynes correctly in his post game today, that for both the Boston and Columbus games they had a long practice in Newark and then got on a plane to the game and played? If that's the case, I just don't understand. I get not caring about the result, no problem there, I'm 100% on board. But I just really think an actual game, even a preseason game, should be treated a little bit differently than that. Fly in the night before, light skate in the morning, everyone ready to go when the puck drops.

That's what happened which I was I'll cut them some slack for playing a very poor game in Boston. The Columbus game was a little better but you could tell the Jackets weren't all that into it either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad