League News: Out of Town Scoreboard (Metrosectional Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Metropolit with another goal.

More points then Laich, Brouwer, Fehr, Chimera, Latta, Volpatti and Beagle combined.

I'd like to know when they dealt away Perreault to make room for Wilson if they were consciously making a decision to be worse now in return for developing Wilson in the NHL?

I understand the disagreement over how best to develop Wilson but does anyone think the team on the ice now is better than it would have been if they had simply sent Wilson down and kept Perreault?

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
I don't get why you trade Perreault given the fact that we're seriously lacking in C depth. Now we have Fehr trying to be something he's not.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Simple shoulder on jaw hit by Scott on Eriksson, people on HFBoards talking about an elbow.

Eye witness accounts really suck even with replays apparently.
I think there was some forearm or elbow action in there. The replay is a little hard to pick out due to the jersey.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I'd like to know when they dealt away Perreault to make room for Wilson if they were consciously making a decision to be worse now in return for developing Wilson in the NHL?

I understand the disagreement over how best to develop Wilson but does anyone think the team on the ice now is better than it would have been if they had simply sent Wilson down and kept Perreault?

Yes, I don't think its a very hard argument to make. One guy is producing at a point per game pace while the other has zero points. I know there is the factor of ice time but Wilson hasn't shown any reason to be promoted to another line. On top of that Fehr at center is clearly not working out and he's a much better winger so slotting Perreault as 4th line center and Fehr as wing would be a huge upgrade.

The 4th line got dominatad last night and its a constant theme this season.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
David Strehle ‏@DStrehleTFP 8h
#Flyers announce they have loaned winger Tye McGinn to the ADR Phantoms. McGinn heads back to the AHL as the team's leading goal-scorer (3).

j9gKUgMN53XIk.PNG

:laugh:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I don't get why you trade Perreault given the fact that we're seriously lacking in C depth. Now we have Fehr trying to be something he's not.

What a total fail job by McPhee.

Why the **** they're lionizing a player with 3rd line upside in Wilson enough to trade a productive young C for peanuts is beyond me.

It looks, like most everything the past two years, like an effort to aggrandize GMGM's resume at the expense of the team's overall success.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Not a strong play by Kuntiz there.

In other news, I've never even heard of that goalie. I wonder how he'll do in playoffs after annual MAF meltdown.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Not a strong play by Kuntiz there.

In other news, I've never even heard of that goalie. I wonder how he'll do in playoffs after annual MAF meltdown.

He played well I think and his other game a 6-3 loss to Florida I thought he did well too, team I think doesn't trust MAF and plays tighter and with the backup play loose defensively...

Burakovsky95*

This is basically a first and a 2nd for Vanek.... They could have gotten more at the deadline. No way Moulson re-signs.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 22s
NYI say they do not have a contract extension in place with Thomas Vanek. He's UFA at the end of the season.

He didn't have a NTC because of it being an offer sheet that got him his current contract.

Also an interesting prospect is the Sabres trade Moulson away for another pick. I'm sure teams will be willing to give up a #2 or a late #1 for a 30 goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad