Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season III: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
He's still in North America and back in the Preds organization? Good god.

Did Saros lose a couple limbs? You'd need to lose a couple of them to be as bad as Lindback,

A puck is to Lindback what a mouse is to an elephant. He tracks the puck so poorly. He's got Tim Cheveldae like reactions to deke attempts. Grand canyon 5 hole. How is he still in the league?

Reactions: Bleedred

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Subban's a star in this league, he can do whatever he wants.

A part of me just wants to see the league go suspension happy for stupid stuff like this.

There are so many cameras on the ice now that its impossible to get away with anything and not be seen. The only reason players keep doing it is because the league does nothing about it. There is no interest in trying to hide what they do and feels like an insult to fans/other players.

Then the other part of me says "Why is this such a big deal? Are people genuinely outraged some guy punched another guy or are they just all really bored?"

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A puck is to Lindback what a mouse is to an elephant. He tracks the puck so poorly. He's got Tim Cheveldae like reactions to deke attempts. Grand canyon 5 hole. How is he still in the league?
Haha I don't think he's played in the NHL since the 15-16 season with Arizona, but he's been bumping around the AHL over the last two years. Remember when he took a PTO with us just last season?

I'm surprised he hasn't left to go play in Europe. I figure he'll make more money over there and maybe even get a 2 year deal or maybe even more than that. Maybe he just likes living in America? He can't be making too much money in the AHL. I guess he receives an NHL paycheck for this call up.

Apparently he did play in the Swedish leagye last year for 23 games.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Haha I don't think he's played in the NHL since the 15-16 season with Arizona, but he's been bumping around the AHL over the last two years. Remember when he took a PTO with us just last season?

I'm surprised he hasn't left to go play in Europe. I figure he'll make more money over there and maybe even get a 2 year deal or maybe even more than that. Maybe he just likes living in America? He can't be making too much money in the AHL. I guess he receives an NHL paycheck for this call up.

Apparently he did play in the Swedish leagye last year for 23 games.

I completely blanked on his PTO. But looking at his hockeydb page he does have a Devs jersey on so that was probably during his hot second with us.

Wouldn't shock me if there are people within organizations (a dwindling group) who thought as long as he's in his 20's might as well give him a chance and maybe he'll be a late bloomer. People keep getting tantalized by the fact that he's about 6'6 on skates

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Washington has no idea what playoff intensity is. They play the same game with the same effort level whether it's preseason, regular season or playoffs. If their effort was even half what their talent was, they'd have multiple Cups in the Ovechkin era. They just don't raise their game in the playoffs at all.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad