Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season III: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I really hate the fact that come playoff time the rule book just gets thrown out the window. Caps took like 50 f***ing penalties tonight and got called for just 2? What a joke

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
His love of Putin.
I'm half skeptical that he really loves Putin. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. He's a guy who still goes back to Russia every year in the offseason, so he might have to pretend to be a Putin, or get abducted by the KGB or something haha.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Caps flipping off the advanced stat crowd.
They were one of the weaker teams in that regard to win a cup in quite a while, but they did improve quite a bit in the playoffs. They also cut Orpik's minutes, who was a HUGE problem with that team.

Alzner was another major detriment to them in years past.

The one really big plague on that team to me is Jay Beagle. Dude is worse than Stephen Gionta.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You predicted it!
Nah I've picked against them every round this year!

I also picked against Vegas every round, but this one.

I did say something last offseason like ''Watch this be the year the Capitals have a longer playoff run because the pressure is off and nobody thinks they're gonna be any good'', but I never thought cup win.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Genuinely happy for Caps fans. Just imagine being a kid who started rooting for this team when they first showed up in 74. This has to be some kind of feeling. Those fans have been through some really tough times and this makes it all worth it.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Ovechkin winning a cup is spectacular. No more Dan Marino comparisons. Guys been a horse his whole career and deserves this. Backstrom might be the most underrated player in a long long time. This team deserves this. Flew under the radar too for the most part all year nobody really thought twice about them.

Reactions: thethinglonger

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That was easy.

Any time it's borderline, they go with the HOF player.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Yo, why does Vegas boo Bettman? I love booing Scary Buttman, but they’re like the last fan base that should be booing him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad