Out of Town Scoreboard 2016-17 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It is pure unsustainable luck. No team can sustain this kind of play. It would be one thing if they were straight dominating teams, but they are flirting with disaster every night as Unseen said. Won't be surprised if they crash like we did when things catch up to them.

Columbus' run comes off as much more sustainable because of how they have won.

Philly is playing much better and structured defense overall as well of late.

I would be surprised if they were not a playoff team again.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

One thing that has benefited them tremendously is the rapid maturation of Provorov. He went from extremely shaky to start the year to, by far, their best D man. His is playing lights out right now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Wait a minute now, hold up.

If they get in, there's no way the NYB can get in, and you've already said you think the NYB will get in and Philly probably won't, but will still finish ahead of us.

Unless you think one of Columbus, NYR or Pittsburgh will implode?

Only 5 teams MAX can make it per division.

I don't know DD, but you're starting to sound like some of those analysts you see on NHLN/TSN/Sports Net during pre season preview shows or around that draft, that seem to act like all but like 5 teams are gonna make the playoffs the next year.:laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
One thing that has benefited them tremendously is the rapid maturation of Provorov. He went from extremely shaky to start the year to, by far, their best D man. His is playing lights out right now.

We knew he would be a stud in this league.
I compared him to Potvin predraft.

They are finally getting
great goaltending too.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Wait a minute now, hold up.

If they get in, there's no way the NYB can get in, and you've already said you think the NYB will get in and Philly probably won't, but will still finish ahead of us.

Unless you think one of Columbus, NYR or Pittsburgh will implode?

Only 5 teams MAX can make it per division.

I don't know DD, but you're starting to sound like some of those analysts you see on NHLN/TSN/Sports Net during pre season preview shows or around that draft, that seem to act like all but like 5 teams are gonna make the playoffs the next year.:laugh:

Things change during the season Bleed.

Philly or NYb will get in, we will get a better idea in a few months.

Though I think Philly is better than NYb right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Shots already 30-18 for Pittsburgh over Arizona after 2 periods and they're up 5-0.

No way we're nearly as bad as them.

Although I'm almost convinced that they're TANKING on purpose and have been for years now. That's the only way you can justify keeping Tippett.

But to play this bad, the coach has gotta be in on the tank too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Things change during the season Bleed.

Philly or NYb will get in, we will get a better idea in a few months.

Though I think Philly is better than NYb right now.

Fair enough.

I don't think NYB is very good at all.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rask is having a solid bounce back year.

I like Rask, he's one of my favorites. He's fun to watch.

I flipped back to Pens Coyotes and wondered why I had Steggy's feed on, then I remembered that I avoid the Yotes feed because Tyson Nash is unbearable.

But he's still a lesser of two evils, so I flipped to their feed. He's been pretty quite the whole night. He's barely said anything. Yet when the Yotes are doing well in a game (which is extremely seldom) or even just still in the game, Nash will have you believe that the Yotes are one of the best teams in the league.

Well, now he's gushing over a huge save that Murray just made on the elite Shane Doan. Gushing over a save the other goalie made, while his team is losing 6-0 and just got to the 20 shot barrier a couple minutes ago. Pittsburgh is turtling here though, they have 2 shots this period, maybe even one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yotes rolling in some kind of prototype Abrams Tank.

That thing is so strong, it makes military superpowers all over the world jealous. There might be a huge bidding war over it pretty soon, among various different nations.

That thing could survive a point blank nuclear missile blast.

I don't read much on the main board about them, I'm surprised by the lack of discussion about them.

Wanted to see Rask get the shutout. I can't believe Torrey Mitchell is still in the league. I didn't like him as a Shark and he's not too much better than Jacob Josefson.:laugh:

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Arizona is like "Come hell or high water we're going to get a #1 overall pick!"

Coyotes have been having terrible luck with their tanking lately...they might finally get a 1st Overall pick and he's strongly viewed by scouts as injury-prone and having not as high of a ceiling as that of centers from prior drafts

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I actually wanted the Coyotes to get McDavid and Matthews, it didn't work out for them.

Their fans are very pleasant from the one's I've come into contact with on here. I would think they share in my opinion on why Tippett is still there.

Maybe Maloney was canned for failing to get them McDavid and Matthews and being out-tanked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad