Out of Town Scoreboard 2016-17 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A hot streak doesn't change the fact that Snow has been making stupid decisions and is steering that franchise backwards. The Isles are still going to finish near the bottom. They aren't that good.

Flyers are way to inconsistent to do anything either. Their D is next level bad and so is their goaltending. A hot streak doesn't erase that and they will revert back to the mean.

Columbus is a tougher nut to crack. I don't think they are as good as they have looked lately, but they aren't as bad as Bleed thinks they are either.

I think at the beginning of the season, Columbus was unsustainably hot. They've looked better recently though. Although 2 straight games of abusing a team that doesn't play defense (piece of **** Arizona), is sure to help even out the numbers for them a bit. I think they were so bad to start last year because Bobrovsky played like a mediocre pee wee league goalie for the first month of the season. I think he's improved this season more than anything else about the team.

I don't understand how the Flyers always start out in a hole, then finish in a playoff spot. They never go anywhere though. Although that choking squad up in Washington sure did a great job of making them look like a comeback was possible in games 5 and 6.

Garth is a terrible GM, no matter what the Islanders do this year. He was awful his first 7 years there and was overrated as **** the last few years there.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think at the beginning of the season, Columbus was unsustainably hot. They've looked better recently though. Although 2 straight games of abusing a team that doesn't play defense (piece of **** Arizona), is sure to help even out the numbers for them a bit. I think they were so bad to start last year because Bobrovsky played like a mediocre pee wee league goalie for the first month of the season. I think he's improved this season more than anything else about the team.

I don't understand how the Flyers always start out in a hole, then finish in a playoff spot. They never go anywhere though. Although that choking squad up in Washington sure did a great job of making them look like a comeback was possible in games 5 and 6.

Garth is a terrible GM, no matter what the Islanders do this year. He was awful his first 7 years there and was overrated as **** the last few years there.

Bottom of the east was much weaker last year. It allowed both a Flyers and Wings team that really had no business being playoff teams to get in.

I'm not sure that happens again this year unless Tampa keeps under performing and Washington chokes during the season. I am absolutely unconvinced Philly lucks into a spot again. They simply don't have the horses, and are relying under some serious over performance right now.

Bobo playing well has a lot to do with Columbus being able to maintain their level of play. Actually well is an understatement. He is playing fantastic lately.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cbj explodes with 4 goals in the 3rd vs NYb

Cbj is 4REAL

You have a bad habit of overrating other Metro teams. The Rags were the greatest team on the planet, and you were trumpeting them for weeks until they finally cooled off like we all predicted and you went quiet and starting pounding the Isle's chest.

Now it is Columbus. This is bandwagon fan stuff. Where were you calling for Columbus when they started the season in the basement?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bottom of the east was much weaker last year. It allowed both a Flyers and Wings team that really had no business being playoff teams to get in.

I'm not sure that happens again this year unless Tampa keeps under performing and Washington chokes during the season. I am absolutely unconvinced Philly lucks into a spot again. They simply don't have the horses, and are relying under some serious over performance right now.

Bobo playing well has a lot to do with Columbus being able to maintain their level of play. Actually well is an understatement. He is playing fantastic lately.

I think Bobrovsky is probably in the Vezina race right now, along with Dubnyk and Price. I noticed Rinne started to fall off during his game with us. He had a fairly rough week. He was in the Vezina race recently.

Speaking of Cory and underperforming, Ben Bishop is having a rough season too. He's been even worse than Cory. And you all know that while I don't like Bishop, I think he's still a top 5-7 goaltender, at least until they decide they're gonna decrease his chest protector in size. He's at a .906 this season and one fewer game played than Cory.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You have a bad habit of overrating other Metro teams. The Rags were the greatest team on the planet, and you were trumpeting them for weeks until they finally cooled off like we all predicted and you went quiet and starting pounding the Isle's chest.

Now it is Columbus. This is bandwagon fan stuff. Where were you calling for Columbus when they started the season in the basement?

He's right, you have to be one of the best teams in the history of hockey to score all those goals on the NYB, at least with the way they're playing now!:sarcasm:

I do enjoy DD, I just like to bust his chops in a friendly way sometimes. I think Columbus looks a lot better than I thought they would, I also don't think the NYB is very good. I don't think they're the worst team in the league either and this hot streak was helping them progress to the mean.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
MTL has been involved in both 10 goal games this season.

The prior one turned around CBjs season.

COL got waxed tonight.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He's right, you have to be one of the best teams in the history of hockey to score all those goals on the NYB, at least with the way they're playing now!:sarcasm:

I do enjoy DD, I just like to bust his chops in a friendly way sometimes. I think Columbus looks a lot better than I thought they would, I also don't think the NYB is very good. I don't think they're the worst team in the league either and this hot streak was helping them progress to the mean.

You were wrong on Columbus :laugh: They aren't winning cups or anything, but they are pretty good.

Isles suck, but ya they aren't worst in the league. Worst in the league is definitely Arizona and Colorado. They are putrid.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You were wrong on Columbus :laugh: They aren't winning cups or anything, but they are pretty good.

Isles suck, but ya they aren't worst in the league. Worst in the league is definitely Arizona and Colorado. They are putrid.

I had a thought back in August or September that Columbus might not be brutal this year. I never thought they were actually the worst team in the league, I just didn't like the overrating of them before last season.

All of the ''CBJ will win the Metro'' predictions I saw, mostly from media people were bizarre.

I still don't see them being a perennial playoff team though, but it looks like they'll definitely be getting in this year. Barring a horrific collapse. They looked to be scoring at unsustainable pace earlier on and were getting outshot a lot and riding hot goaltending, but that's not happening as much anymore. They're getting the goaltending still but also carrying play a lot more than they were.

Arizona is a disgrace to hockey, they've been tanking for a few years and continue to do so. How the hell do you bring back Tippett for 4 more years?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I had a thought back in August or September that Columbus might not be brutal this year. I never thought they were actually the worst team in the league, I just didn't like the overrating of them before last season.

All of the ''CBJ will win the Metro'' predictions I saw, mostly from media people were bizarre.

I still don't see them being a perennial playoff team though, but it looks like they'll definitely be getting in this year. Barring a horrific collapse. They looked to be scoring at unsustainable pace earlier on and were getting outshot a lot and riding hot goaltending, but that's not happening as much anymore. They're getting the goaltending still but also carrying play a lot more than they were.

Arizona is a disgrace to hockey, they've been tanking for a few years and continue to do so. How the hell do you bring back Tippett for 4 more years?

Torts is playing the rest of the league like he has played us since he's been with Cbj.

They are quick and heavy so far.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Torts is playing the rest of the league like he has played us since he's been with Cbj.
I don't know why you say it's Torts though. Our record against CBJ has been a joke since the year they moved the East/Metro. We beat them one out of 3 times in 13-14, two out of 4 or 5 times in 14-15. With one being a 1-0 shutout, while we were outshot by double and could only score one goal on MacBackuphinney and one win out of 5 last year. If anything, we've been losing in regulation more since Torts got there last year. We had a couple OT losses and a shootout loss to them in the 2 prior years.
They are quick and heavy so far.
Zona looked good at least tonight vs Nash.
4-1 final.
Another 45 shot against game from the Yotes and can't coach defense Tippett. And Rinne is turning back into post-2012 Rinne again.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rinne has been bad since we lit him up.

I'm sure the mainboard consensus already has him ranked as top 5, right behind the amazing Devan Dubnyk.

Cory Schneider is probably down there right above Kari Lehtonen on the ranking.:laugh:

Sharks lighting up Ward. This is the percentages evening out.

2011 called and said it wanted the good Cam Ward back, they just sent back the 2016 Ward.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Canes hot streak is the definition of unsustainable.

I think Ward's hot streak is even more unsustainable.

The Canes aren't a terrible team, although I don't think they're very good either. The goaltending has made them look worse than they are in recent years though.

Soft goal on Aaron Dell and the Sharks penalty killing has been pathetic tonight, Canes only down by one now. Now another penalty for the Sharks after a patented Skinner dive.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No points for Carolina, Sharks win in regulation.

Surprised to see that Colorado/Montreal game ended 10-1, I thought for sure it might actually end 12-1 or maybe even 13-1.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sharks color commentator had an amazing quote after the Skinner dive on a Burns hook, which Skinner got called for a dive and Burns for a hook.

''Is Brent Burns a hooker?'':laugh:

I think Randy Hahn said something like ''I don't think we wanna ask that question'':laugh:

The TSN analyst had a funny quote during the intermission the other night when they played Ottawa. He said something from an Ottawa players perspective in regards to throwing a hit on Burns.

''Brent Burns, if you come in here, I'm gonna bang ya!''

That was another good one!:laugh:

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
It's unbelivable how Philadelphia is winning (or taking them to OT) those close games in last 2 minutes in this streak and even before that.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's unbelivable how Philadelphia is winning (or taking them to OT) those close games in last 2 minutes in this streak and even before that.

Yup. They play right on the edge of disaster. They have been exceptionally fortunate over this win streak. It won't last forever and they will go back on a losing streak for a while. Then they will go on another win streak. That's just going to be the nature of that team with the way they play and the players they have. They aren't nearly as good as their record over the last 8 games indicates.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

For quite a while now, they have drafted players that know how to put the puck in the net.
Gives them strong comeback ability.

ChicoEatsNachos

Jan 14, 2016
Little Ferry NJ
The game winning goal in the Edmonton/Winnipeg game was a Laine own goal where he snipes it into his own net. It's not a weird bounce or a missed pass, it's a deliberate looking shot into his own net. I found it super funny in the moment but I also feel really bad for the guy.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The game winning goal in the Edmonton/Winnipeg game was a Laine own goal where he snipes it into his own net. It's not a weird bounce or a missed pass, it's a deliberate looking shot into his own net. I found it super funny in the moment but I also feel really bad for the guy.

Almost seemed like he did it out of instinct when he saw a gaping net and the rebound came right into his blade. Laine's having an awesome season so I can only imagine this'll be one of those things everybody will have a good laugh about....assuming Winnipeg doesn't miss the playoffs by a point.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
For quite a while now, they have drafted players that know how to put the puck in the net.
Gives them strong comeback ability.

It is pure unsustainable luck. No team can sustain this kind of play. It would be one thing if they were straight dominating teams, but they are flirting with disaster every night as Unseen said. Won't be surprised if they crash like we did when things catch up to them.

Columbus' run comes off as much more sustainable because of how they have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad