Out of Town Scoreboard 2016-17 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It should be shelved when your team isn't very good. I think it's funny how we talk about not being worried about other teams we have to jump when it's probably more likely that we finish bottom 5 or 6 in the league.

Very true, but, I'd like to at least hang around in striking distance just in case Ray makes a few moves.

Taking off my Devils fan hat for a second, it's not a stretch to say right now that we can finish in last place.
If Carolina doesn't try to tank it's very conceivable.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There's plenty of threads to rant about the Devils - specifically the team thread and GDT's - the OOT scoreboard is to discuss other games.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Philly is smoking hot right now. I'm not overly surprised with their depth up front, but I thought their backend may hold them back.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Philly is smoking hot right now. I'm not overly surprised with their depth up front, but I thought their backend may hold them back.

Their goaltending will fail them, and their defense blows. Really really blows. Right now every gamble they take is coming up roses. Early in the season it wasnt, and their record then reflected that. That team will always be streaky. The way they play and the quality of players they have will assure that.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

They and Cbj are good hockey clubs with potent offense and both play with a physical edge.

I think NYb will also continue to surge up the standings.

Look at the last 10 games of Cbj and Philly.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
They and Cbj are good hockey clubs with potent offense and both play with a physical edge.

Philly is mediocre. Compared to the Devils they are good, but they are mediocre. Them and CBJ are on unsustainable hot streaks. They will both fall before the season is done. They both have major flaws as teams.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Philly is mediocre. Compared to the Devils they are good, but they are mediocre. Them and CBJ are on unsustainable hot streaks. They will both fall before the season is done. They both have major flaws as teams.

I don't see that happening.

1 of them may just miss out but both are deep teams that can score and are never out of games.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005

Columbus may be for real because they seem to be more well rounded than Philly. Bob is healthy and they boast a young defense with upside. Plus, Tortorella has them attacking, which plays to their personnel.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Columbus may be for real because they seem to be more well rounded than Philly. Bob is healthy and they boast a young defense with upside. Plus, Tortorella has them attacking, which plays to their personnel.

And Werenski has Norris potential in a few seasons.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Stars are awful. They look like an entire team of Henriques.

They're also a team with two 13-14 Marty's in net. Actually, calling Lehtonen a 13-14 Marty might be an insult to the 13-14 Marty. Niemi is closer to that version of Marty.

Lehtonen is probably more comparable to the 11-12 version of Dwayne Roloson. Their GM shows major incompetence if they don't upgrade in goal after this year.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Fact of the matter is, the east is better than the west as a whole. It's going to be a tough go making the playoffs this season. The playoffs should offer up some interesting matchups and exciting series.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And we would finish higher than Philly last season...

Hammond fell off a cliff.

Did Ottawa won again today?

Hammond just wasn't that good. He was a scrub on a hot streak. I don't think he fell off a cliff, he just should have never really been that high on the cliff to begin with.

Hey I'm wrong sometimes too, I just like busting your balls on Hammond. ;)

Ottawa lost to LAK 4-1, I don't understand for the life of me how LA scores all these goals.

Paul Thompson just got his first NHL point, Vancouver should really forfeit the game now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Roy must have put some voodoo to blow the Avs out up in Montreal.

Colorado has a brutal play by play guy.

He's fine until Colorado scores a goal. Then he celebrates like he just won the lottery and is laughing in everybody's face about it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Roy must have put some voodoo to blow the Avs out up in Montreal.

Colorado has a brutal play by play guy.

He's fine until Colorado scores a goal. Then he celebrates like he just won the lottery and is laughing in everybody's face about it.

I don't like the Avs, almost as much as St Loser.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is pretty bad.

Joe Sakic to get canned next? It probably should have happened last year along with Roy

I don't like the Avs, almost as much as St Loser.
I'm starting to feel just a little bit bad for them.

This is why you don't hire Marty to be the GM of the Devils, this right here. Or Scott Stevens to be the Devils head coach. Even though Roy is gone now.

Sakic and management are to blame too.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
This is pretty bad.

Joe Sakic to get canned next? It probably should have happened last year along with Roy

I'm starting to feel just a little bit bad for them.

This is why you don't hire Marty to be the GM of the Devils, this right here. Or Scott Stevens to be the Devils head coach. Even though Roy is gone now.

Sakic and management are to blame too.

I cant feel sorry for teams that consistently beat us like COL and NYb.

We finally beat Calg last season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I cant feel sorry for teams that consistently beat us like COL and NYb.

We finally beat Calg last season.

I don't feel bad for NYB, since they're in our division.

Colorado is a sad franchise, run by a bunch of brain damaged souls.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't feel bad for NYB, since they're in our division.

Colorado is a sad franchise, run by a bunch of brain damaged souls.

A hot streak doesn't change the fact that Snow has been making stupid decisions and is steering that franchise backwards. The Isles are still going to finish near the bottom. They aren't that good.

Flyers are way to inconsistent to do anything either. Their D is next level bad and so is their goaltending. A hot streak doesn't erase that and they will revert back to the mean.

Columbus is a tougher nut to crack. I don't think they are as good as they have looked lately, but they aren't as bad as Bleed thinks they are either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig