Out of Town Round 1 Playoff Thread

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
What if Tyler Johnson lit up the NHL this season, and continued to do so in the playoffs...does that make the violation worthy of punishment?

Are we advocating for varying consequences of a hit depending on whether an injury occurred? I assume you're connecting the dots on the analogy...

My point was the relevance of Kucherov's LTIR to the 20-21 Canes, or any other team. Tampa is icing an elite lineup either way. There's no asterisk to be put on the Bolts, which is what the desire is to do, particularly in the aftermath of last night.

As far as LTIR goes, I can't go into conspiracy mode here, accusing Tampa of wrongdoing. The league has not found anything improper with it. However, if a rule that requires LTIR players to be activated by the end of the season to play in the playoffs is instituted at some point, that's perfectly logical. The door is wide open to exploitation. Fans are focusing on the wrong team. Toronto acquired an injured player at the deadline to play in the postseason only (Nash). That's egregious.

Reactions: DaveG and geehaad

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Washington and Boston going for blood early.

same Boston BS as usual. Other team makes a good play that gives them an advantage, Boston starts putting their arm over the stick and pinning it under their armpit.

Reactions: geehaad and Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Washington and Boston going for blood early.

same Boston BS as usual. Other team makes a good play that gives them an advantage, Boston starts putting their arm over the stick and pinning it under their armpit.
and it used to get called but even in the regular season now it's not.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Hoffman had a wide open “reach around” and graves came out of no where to get a stick on the puck.

2 crazy good plays in the short time I switched over

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Just amazing how tight all these games have been. feel so lucky our team was able to put some space between them.

AND OH MY GAWD, WINNINGTON is back!

Reactions: Wolfpuck

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
The Boston v Washington highlights were crazy. On Boston’s tying goal to force OT: how does a player get to dive across the crease, including making contact with the goalie and there not be interference? I’ve seen a lot less called interference

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Rantanen-MacKinnon duo is just...

tenor.gif

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Me wanting to watch Vegas vs Colorado vs me wanting the potential higher seeds in the playoffs eliminated.

evil-kermit-the-frog-meme-dark-side.jpg

The Boston v Washington highlights were crazy. On Boston’s tying goal to force OT: how does a player get to dive across the crease, including making contact with the goalie and there not be interference? I’ve seen a lot less called interference

This is why goalie interference makes zero sense to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad