GDT: Out of Town Playoffs Thread-Warning OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Therrien and Weise chirping Ulf at their practice :laugh:

Why the blazes is Dale Weasel chirping at the Assistant Coaches, even if they shouldn't of been there? Let the coaches handle it. What a bag-lick he is, doesn't know when to keep his yap shut.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah that gaping hole at 2C is starting to show now. It makes sense when you think about. St. Louis nor Minny had a legit #2 center. The Kings do.

I understand why they haven't dealt with it yet. They beat some pretty damn good teams last year with Handzus as the #2, why fix something that wasn't viewed as broken until now?

Bowman also hoped that Pirri would nail down the spot but after solid start he got in Q doghouse for his effort defensively then he demanded to be traded (So Bowman sent him to Fla)

Teravainen is new hope and at least Q has said a lot of good things about kid dating back to last camp. Q never was fond of Pirri

Cap and Nucks asking price made Kesler to Hawks impossible this year so they tried to roll with Zus again despite all his struggles this year and now they are paying for it dearly

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
I love how they made the thread "have the Bruins become everything they hated" which remained on the main boards for days, and reached 7 or so pages.

When infact they have become everything they whine about. If they lose the series I would love for someone to make the thread.. Full of media quotes, and dirty plays from throughout the playoffs.

It would probably get deleted pretty fast though.. because for one reason or another it's ok to bash our team on the mainboards, but not the golden children of Montreal.

One can only dream.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I love how they made the thread "have the Bruins become everything they hated" which remained on the main boards for days, and reached 7 or so pages.

When infact they have become everything they whine about. If they lose the serious I would love for someone to make the thread.. Full of media quotes,

It really is absurd.

I'd make it now, but I cant post in the Stanley Cup thread anymore.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
It really is absurd.

I'd make it now, but I cant post in the Stanley Cup thread anymore.

If I felt I could spend the amount of time it would take to compile everything into one singular vile compendium of vomit I would make the thread myself, but I can't see myself investing that much time into the habs.

It would be pretty grand though.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Confirmed by TSN: The Habs anger toward the Rangers' organization attending their practice had to do with Michel Therrien trying to pull off a deal with Lex Luthor that same day for some kryptonite to use on Kreider.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I have to say, the two most dramatic media cities in North America going at it is quite entertaining. I hoping for more crazy antics in game 4. I love the hatred going on lol

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
My guesses for today's game:

# of times PK Subban will punch a player to the ice = 3.
# of times he'll get penalized for it = 0.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I know I'm late with this, but it's been a busy weekend, I'm wondering how does Carcillo only get 10 games for what he did?

Seriously, that should have been 25 IMO. You can't allow players to get physical with officials under any circumstance without significant punishment.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I know I'm late with this, but it's been a busy weekend, I'm wondering how does Carcillo only get 10 games for what he did?

Seriously, that should have been 25 IMO. You can't allow players to get physical with officials under any circumstance without significant punishment.

Playoffs maybe?

Either way he was an idiot-he should have known better and should feel lucky it was 10 games (I know NBC said there was a pretty wide range of possible suspension lengths-10 was in the middle).

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
three is the minimum.

Yup, they were stating this directly after it happened.

I'm ok with 10 just on the basis that it is Carcillo, and you can't get that aggressive with the refs.

However, I feel like the ref's get hands on way too quickly in some situations. They didn't make the call, and the player's felt the need to take it into their own hands. Sometimes the ref's also add to the frustration of a situation rather than defuse it... Which I'm guessing is how Carcillo felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad