GDT: Out of Town Playoffs Thread-Warning OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
Yeah, I would have loved to get him, too. Obviously I love Krejci and he was a huge part of our two Cup runs, but jeeeeeezus imagine if we had a 1-2 punch of Toews and Bergeron down the middle??
I wanted Kessel. Paired with Savvy, they were lethal from the get-go. However, I didn't realize the extent to which Kessel was averse to the concept of ANY physical contact. Chiarelli's mantra, from day 1, was "hard to play against". Phil phailed in that aspect of his game, also from day 1.
Also, a centerman set of Krejci, Bergeron, Toews? would have prevented a ton of goals - but scoring is also kinda important.
That's why I liked Kessel, and HATE the ****ing piece of rotted decomposing, fly-encrusted piece of rat excrement (apologies to rotted, decomposing, fly-encrusted, rank, rat excrement) that is Matt ****ing scum-sucking Cooke.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Yes, no respeck, I know. :nopity:

picture.php

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Kings have outplayed the Hawks in every facet and Q is getting out coached

Monday is must win for Hawks

The Hawks won a cup without a legit #2C once but this year and especially this playoff the Hawks are getting exposed for that mistake this time. Handzus had final push last year and was solid but he is absolute garbage now

Hawks are a one line team and Kopitar line I shutting down that line. Hawks have no 2nd line with Kane shackled to corpse and a failing Sharp and the bottom 6 is in shambles

Right, you won 9 playoff games without much forward depth and looked like the best team in the NHL in doing so but now Crawford has cooled down the holes in the roster are showing. Kings are probably better than they were 2 years ago so its a tough series you guys are in.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Montreal taking all sorts of shots in the media at the Rangers. This has to be an organization-wide tactic to muddy up the series. It just has to.

"He got up yapping and yelling. I'm sure the jaw doesn't hurt too much."
- Gallagher on Stepan

"It seems a little fishy to me. It seems like a game."
- Briere on Stepan injury

"We expect Derick Brassard to play and we know exactly where he's injured. It's a small world."
- Therrien

"Ryan McDonagh's a great defenseman, but I haven't seen anyone slash as much as he has since Chris Pronger."

- Briere

Oh, man, the full Habs hate is flowing through the Rangers board now. And I don't blame them.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Montreal taking all sorts of shots in the media at the Rangers. This has to be an organization-wide tactic to muddy up the series. It just has to.

- Gallagher on Stepan

"We expect Derick Brassard to play and we know exactly where he's injured. It's a small world."
- Therrien

"Ryan McDonagh's a great defenseman, but I haven't seen anyone slash as much as he has since Chris Pronger."

- Briere

Oh, man, the full Habs hate is flowing through the Rangers board now. And I don't blame them.

It certainly is....
The Habs are like the mosquitos of hockey.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.

- Gallagher on Stepan

- Therrien

- Briere

So, now we have Dr. Gallagher and Dr. Briere. They love talking. My hatred could not run deeper.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

- Gallagher on Stepan

- Therrien

- Briere

I don't think Gallagher and Briere would be saying those things if they got clocked like Stepan did.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site

- Gallagher on Stepan

- Therrien

- Briere

And yet, Briere was Pronger's teammate for Pronger's last 3 seasons:

2009-10
2010-11
2011-12

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

- Gallagher on Stepan

- Therrien

- Briere

At least we have a fanbase in our corner now that sees right through the Habs hipocracy. The Pronger comparison still makes me lol. Even moreso considering Briere played with Pronger for a couple years.

Like i said:

McD = Pretty clean TWD.
Pronger = great player, but one of the scummiest players to ever step on a rink. (And this is coming from someone who loved Pronger.)

Godspeed, Rangers.

I don't think Markov dares to nut check him if he didn't know Chara's hand was in serious pain. But, that will heal over the summer.

Jerkov better hope Z has a short memory.

It took me like 10 minutes to understand why this was funny. >_>

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

- Gallagher on Stepan

- Therrien

- Briere

The team that broke Chara's hand with an uncalled slash has the gall to complain about a Ranger slashing?

The team whose fans that called 911 and wanted Chara's head on a platter accuse the Rangers of faking Stepan's injury?

The team the employs Gallagher complains about Kreider being tripped into their goalie?

That's tha Habs for you.

Only team in the league that dives and whines and still keeps the refs in their pocket.

Therrien whines more than Vigneault ever did when the Bruins played the Canucks in the final.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Crosby has the most offensive skill, but Toews is the best hockey player in the NHL. There's a difference, and people get them confused, especially on HFBoards where 99.9% of people only look at points and stats.

Crosby struggles to produce when it counts. I would take Toews over Crosby.

Also the direction the NHL is heading seems to value 3 zone players more.

Crosby still has probably the best vision and puck handling skills but he is way too easily frustrated an take off of his game. IMO when it comes to winning the Cup give me a Toews over a Crosby (but give me Crosby during the regular season).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Kings have outplayed the Hawks in every facet and Q is getting out coached

Monday is must win for Hawks

The Hawks won a cup without a legit #2C once but this year and especially this playoff the Hawks are getting exposed for that mistake this time. Handzus had final push last year and was solid but he is absolute garbage now

Hawks are a one line team and Kopitar line I shutting down that line. Hawks have no 2nd line with Kane shackled to corpse and a failing Sharp and the bottom 6 is in shambles

wait, you mean there IS a GM out there other than Chiarelli who doesn`t or isn`t always able to address potential holes when necessary:sarcasm:

member 96824

wait, you mean there IS a GM out there other than Chiarelli who doesn`t or isn`t always able to address potential holes when necessary:sarcasm:

Hawks have won it all without a 2c, how'd the Bruins do without a 2d?:sarcasm:;);):sarcasm:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'd love to see a hockey version of the TV show House.

Dr. Recchi and his young understudies (Drs Briere and Gallagher) investigating and diagnosing the most rare of NHL injuries! :laugh:

acr*

Don't you love how they gave Recchi so much crap but ignore Briere and Gallagher?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
They are all over the mainboards with

"it's playoff hockey"
"it's a physical game deal with it"
"stop being soft"

It's as if their century long, "storybook" history (which includes whining about the very things they're now dismissing) never happened.

I just hope Stepan tells Prust to "look him in the eye" in the handshake line.. the ensuing reaction from MTL would be the icing on the cake. :laugh:

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
They are all over the mainboards with

"it's playoff hockey"
"it's a physical game deal with it"
"stop being soft"

It's as if their century long, "storybook" history (which includes whining about the very things they're now dismissing) never happened.

I just hope Stepan tells Prust to "look him in the eye" in the handshake line.. the ensuing reaction from MTL would be the icing on the cake. :laugh:

Another gem yesterday was "I'd rather win dirty, than lose pretty"...

WTF?!? I mean this is a fanbase that perpetually sits on it's high horse.. railing on about integrity of the game, and playing with honor.

They are the definition of hypocrisy, and this is entirely ignoring the media aspect which I previously touched on.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Don't you love how they gave Recchi so much crap but ignore Briere and Gallagher?

They were all over the main boards saying well where are the x rays and saying the SURGERY he had following the injury doesn't prove anything.
Some of them actually believe it's all a conspiracy to screw over BRANDON PRUST of all Habs players.
Because that's a really good trade off for the Rangers there.
Sweet fancy Moses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad