Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Come on. Its not like there isn't reason for Leaf's fans to be excited about their team. They added the best UFA that's been available in a long time on top of an incredible young nucleus.

People did the same thing for teams like Pittsburgh and Chicago. Their were articles and headlines and attention-craving threads when the Habs star was rising too.
And when those teams were chest-thumping they rightfully caught waves of resentment, too. Fact remains that neither Chicago nor Pittsburgh took up as much space trumpeting themselves as Cup-champs before actually becoming Cup-champs. Neither did Washington fans. I cannot count how many Toronto fans have proclaimed themselves the center of the hockey universe, the best centers, the best team, etc. in the past two weeks. And all this before winning a single series.

I don't begrudge their fans excitement over signing Tavares. I do begrudge them their sense of absolute entitlement.

Last edited:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If that is true then yes it should be an option now. Why is pleks able to come back and not Markov?

This has gotten personal now. Bergevin is putting his ego before the team. Or is this a Russia thing?

I don't see why it would be personal though. MB had Markov on his team for 5 years and even resigned him to a contract under his watch. I have no idea why MB doesn't want Markov back but I can't see it for any other reason than business.

More interesting that not even half way through his season in the KHL Markov wanted out. I don't know if I 100% believe that. If the relationship was so strained with the habs I am sure another NHL team would of given him a contract and if he was unhappy I can't imagine him sticking to Monteal or bust.

And this is the same Dave that went on 690 and said Polie was taking calls on PK and that half the team didn't like PK in Nash. So from what I have been told Dave is a bit of a hack.

Reactions: Pickles

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
No he's not terrible. We remember his epic defensive mistakes because he's usually in total control of the puck.

Well we're going to have to butt opinions here bud, because ive watched Karlsson a LOT over the years... and in comparison to the games defensive best, he is in fact, terrible in comparison to THEM,

in comparison to the average NHL defender, i guess he's not the worst out of everyone no, but he's still pretty bad, he's just a little too weak to really do anything back there, but once he GETS the puck, sure there's no contest

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
And when those teams were chest-thumping they rightfully caught waves of resentment, too. Fact remains that neither Chicago nor Pittsburgh took up as much space trumpeting themselves as Cup-champs before actually becoming Cup-champs. Neither did Washington fans. I cannot count how many Toronto fans have proclaimed themselves the center of the hockey universe, the best centers, the best team, etc. in the past two weeks. And all this before winning a single series.

I don't begrudge their fans excitement over signing Tavares. I do begrudge them their sense of absolute entitlement.

That's fair. Not going to stop me from laughing at McCagg's awful takes.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Nothing super impressive about this group of prospects...I mean you're listing Barré-Boulet in there.

I think the Senators should be very weary of dealing with the Bolts, they have a way of propping their young players up because of just how strong their core players are.

What's super impressive is they have that much quality remaining despite trading 2 of their better prospects from McD/Miller, not having a 1st, low picks.

Foote, Cirelli, Katchouk, Stephens, Raddysh, Volkov is arguably still better than the Habs prospect pool even with Kokta.

Reactions: DAChampion

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Count me as one of those with irrational hate of Tampa. It's mostly as you guys mentioned where it's more jealousy of them being well run top-to-bottom and kicking our asses in the PO. Boston is different... I just grew up hating them (plus the Nordiques). I acknowledge Boston has a good team, but I hate them so much... I hate the team, the fanbase, the players, the jersey, the arena, the bricks that make the arena, the guy who built the arena, etc.

I don't like Toronto, but don't have the same level of hate as they've been irrelevant most of my life but now they are going to be good for awhile and their fans will be more overbearing than ever, they are #3 on my list of hated teams.

#2 belongs to the Senators. I hate we were their first ever win as an expansion team and I hate their fanbase. Hate their owner and hate how they are treating EK.

But back to Tampa, they are my #4 hated team, but I acknowledge they are well run and well built.

I’m jealous of Toronto too but I don’t hate them. When we’re both good and get them in the playoffs, then I’ll hate them. Boston and Ottawa are my 1-2, but at this point I just feel bad for Ottawa.

If that is true then yes it should be an option now. Why is pleks able to come back and not Markov?

This has gotten personal now. Bergevin is putting his ego before the team. Or is this a Russia thing?

Bergevin is a piece of shit. Markov deserves to be treated better.

I'm going to watch TB games this year and Nashville.

Any team that gets Karlsson will have me on their bandwagon. Karlsson’s my favourite player.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What's super impressive is they have that much quality remaining despite trading 2 of their better prospects from McD/Miller, not having a 1st, low picks.

Foote, Cirelli, Katchouk, Stephens, Raddysh, Volkov is arguably still better than the Habs prospect pool even with Kokta.
Lol that last part is wrong.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa stop making your team worse! They can't out tank us.

Ottawa is going to be so bad and they don't even have a 1st for next year. Its truly insane I feel for their fans. At least there could be a silver lining of dumping Karlsson and Hoffman, but there isn't. They will end up giving Colorado a top 5 pick and with lottery luck probably 1st or 2nd overall.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Ottawa is going to be so bad and they don't even have a 1st for next year. Its truly insane I feel for their fans. At least there could be a silver lining of dumping Karlsson and Hoffman, but there isn't. They will end up giving Colorado a top 5 pick and with lottery luck probably 1st or 2nd overall.

Ottawa can tank all they want, their pick belongs to Colorado and they will keep sucking lol !!!!

Reactions: Pickles and vokiel

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Lol that last part is wrong.

Think it's arguable. If Habs prospects did as well as Lightning prospects in AHL at 20/21 we'd be hyping them to the moon.

Kotkaniemi
Poehling
Mete
Juulsen
Ylönen
Brook
Primeau
Olofsson
Evans
Fleury

vs

(No particular order)
Foote
Cirelli
Katchouk
Stephens
Raddysh
Volkov
Joseph
Cernak
Masin
Erne

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa can tank all they want, their pick belongs to Colorado and they will keep sucking lol !!!!

For us habs fans they can't tank all they want, this year the tank needs to belong to us!

I mean tank your team fine, but don't tank it when you don't even have 1st round pick!

This is like TOR Burke era but 10 times worse. At least when the leafs traded their 1sts it seemed like the team could improve because they ADDED Kessel.

What a horrible time to be an Ottawa fan. And to imagine this time last year they were coming off the high of being 1 goal away from a cup final.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

So what are you worried about lol?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So what are you worried about lol?

That lady luck gives the lottery win to Ottawa, and then their pick goes to Colorado.

But I guess that would be a silver lining since at least one team in our division isn't getting better LOL.

Thank you Dorion for guaranteeing that there will at least be one team worse than the habs for the next couple of years LOL.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

At least you only have to deal with them in the media and online. I live smack dab in the middle of this hell hole. Work was brutal this week. 3 co-workers already had their Tavares jerseys on. Another was showing off his shoop of JT raising the cup.

Reactions: Redux91 and ArtPeur

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I don't see why it would be personal though. MB had Markov on his team for 5 years and even resigned him to a contract under his watch. I have no idea why MB doesn't want Markov back but I can't see it for any other reason than business.

More interesting that not even half way through his season in the KHL Markov wanted out. I don't know if I 100% believe that. If the relationship was so strained with the habs I am sure another NHL team would of given him a contract and if he was unhappy I can't imagine him sticking to Montreal or bust.

And this is the same Dave that went on 690 and said Polie was taking calls on PK and that half the team didn't like PK in Nash. So from what I have been told Dave is a bit of a hack.
Yeah, that dude wasn't even connected to Nashville he was ousted on Nashville radio lol. It's probably BS. He's on a winning team in the KHL.

I think the rift formed during the contract negotiations. Had Markov gotten an agent it might not have gotten so personal. The dog comment and first come first serve didn't fly well with Markov I guess.

Reactions: scrubadam

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I’m jealous of Toronto too but I don’t hate them. When we’re both good and get them in the playoffs, then I’ll hate them. Boston and Ottawa are my 1-2, but at this point I just feel bad for Ottawa.

Bergevin is a piece of ****. Markov deserves to be treated better.

Any team that gets Karlsson will have me on their bandwagon. Karlsson’s my favourite player.
You're damned right Markov deserved better. As for Karlsson, I bet he's happy getting the hell out of Ottawa.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Yeah, that dude wasn't even connected to Nashville he was ousted on Nashville radio lol. It's probably BS. He's on a winning team in the KHL.

I think the rift formed during the contract negotiations. Had Markov gotten an agent it might not have gotten so personal. The dog comment and first come first serve didn't fly well with Markov I guess.

I agree with this. No agent + Wedding on July 1 didn't help.

From Markov's comments it seemed more the issue was that their were offers but no negotiations. It was either accept these few offers on the table or move on. Maybe an agent would of let cooler heads prevail and could have worked more with MB on those offers to get something closer to what Markov wanted.

Reactions: Pickles

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I agree with this. No agent + Wedding on July 1 didn't help.

From Markov's comments it seemed more the issue was that their were offers but no negotiations. It was either accept these few offers on the table or move on. Maybe an agent would of let cooler heads prevail and could have worked more with MB on those offers to get something closer to what Markov wanted.
great excuse. Most GM would have remained professinnal though. Not MB,

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
That lady luck gives the lottery win to Ottawa, and then their pick goes to Colorado.

But I guess that would be a silver lining since at least one team in our division isn't getting better LOL.

Thank you Dorion for guaranteeing that there will at least be one team worse than the habs for the next couple of years LOL.

Lol, yeah i agree, while it would be funny to see that happen to ottawa..i definitely dont want to lose out to colorado either

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Everyone should read this article from the Gazette written by Brendan Kelly.

What the Puck: Promises, promises — Canadiens' inaction speaks volumes

So you know how they fired Beauchamp after 25 years of service to bring in a new more transparent PR team? Well turns out the new PR team is controlled by Geoff Molson's brother, Andrew Molson. There are not enough facepalms on the planet for that one! The nepotism continues. :facepalm:

As of this moment there are still 500 pairs of seasons tickets that have not been sold. That's an estimated worth of about 3.5 million dollars. I remember when there used to be a huge waiting list for in order to get a pair of season tickets. f*** you Geoff Molson! I hope you crash and burn!

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Edmonton has just under 5mil of cap space left to sign Nurse and add a roster player. Its going to be very tight.
What gives? Lucic with some retention and draft picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad