GDT: Out of Town NHL Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I posted in October 2013 that this team had very little top end talent, and this was proven when they lost in the playoffs to Montreal.

The President's Trophy win means / meant nothing.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
I posted in October 2013 that this team had very little top end talent, and this was proven when they lost in the playoffs to Montreal.

The President's Trophy win means / meant nothing.

7 games against 1 team is a better indicator of a team's performance than 82 against all?

MY LOGIC IS FLAWED.

:handclap:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
No top end talent? That's downright ignorant.

We have one of the best defensive players in the world in Bergeron, a very underrated center in Krejci, one of the league's best penalty killers and shorthanded threats in Marchand and despite his age, still one of the better defenseman in the league in Chara. Don't forget that guy in net too.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That's still more than "very little" top end talent.

Very little top end talent is a team like Ottawa. Karlsson and a bunch of kids/rejects.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The Habs are doing poorly tonight. Did they get worse?

I hope so.

I do think sometimes too many trades/changes in the line up can cause problems but then Habs often lose in weird ways but never it seems to the Bruins.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I hope so.

I do think sometimes too many trades/changes in the line up can cause problems but then Habs often lose in weird ways but never it seems to the Bruins.

One too many trades can destroy the chemistry in a locker room. That Sekac move was beyond stupid.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
One too many trades can destroy the chemistry in a locker room. That Sekac move was beyond stupid.

I don't really follow the Habs players enough to know who is or isn't the locker room glue guys but I am baffled by the reasoning for all the moves in their forward line up. I can understand picking up Petry (and frankly it is never a bad idea for teams that can afford it to stock up on Dmen at the deadline). But they picked up three or four forwards not to mention the moves they made previously. That's a lot of change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad