GDT: Out of Town NHL Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Watching Caps-Habs and all I can say is that Subban is an absolute piece of gutless, garbage. In one penalty kill, he did 3 things that Marchand or Lucic would have been penalized for.

Such a spot picking wuss.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Nice hit by Wilson on Plekanec....well, it was a touch late and as we all know, in Montreal that means a Hab PP

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Looking at the box score, I see the Habs are getting outshot by a ton again. I keep thinking their success isn't sustainable but they haven't slumped yet. Price must be having a Vezina-type season.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
Looking at the box score, I see the Habs are getting outshot by a ton again. I keep thinking their success isn't sustainable but they haven't slumped yet. Price must be having a Vezina-type season.
26-13 at the end of the second, and it doesn't include the 3 posts the caps hit.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Price has been impressive. The Habs are so soft. For all the crap about Kreider running over Price last year no one challenges him. Price gets "run over" again according to Habs fans yet nothing by the players. I think you shut down paccioretti and this team has very limited offence.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Price absolutely does deserve consideration for the Vezina this season. It'll be close between him and Rinne I think.

However, I'm interested to see what kind of shape Price will be in come playoff time. They've depended on him so much I hope he just burns right out for the post season.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Price absolutely does deserve consideration for the Vezina this season. It'll be close between him and Rinne I think.

However, I'm interested to see what kind of shape Price will be in come playoff time. They've depended on him so much I hope he just burns right out for the post season.

Be his usual fake an injury time moment he feels his team in trouble.:laugh:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Wow Subban with a post on a laser shot in the waning moments of the game then Holtby made an unreal save. Caps lucky this one is going into OT. Never thought this game would end up 0-0 in regulation.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Two ****ing games in a row now that the Canadiens win a 1-0 game with Pacioretty scoring the lone goal. And both against pretty strong teams in the East. I feel the Hate smoldering inside me.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Price IMO is absolutely playing like a Vezina candidate (and making a case for winning). My only concern is how much the Habs are riding him and if he can sustain that play through the season and 4 possible rounds in the playoffs. I think he's played almost all their games this season.

But Price has stolen games for the Habs this season. Habs still IMO have a ton of defensive holes but Price is saving their bacon.

Granted I think we've been riding Tuukka pretty hard too but they are pretty comfortably in the playoff picture-they should be looking for more ways to rest him.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Habs keep getting the luckiest damn wins. The entire system is dependent on Paccioretty, Subban and Price, mostly the latter.

I agree with the post above though. Price will probably win the Vezina and at this point maybe the Hart, but I don't think that play will continue into the playoffs. Habs give up a ton of shots every night and he plays a ton. He also isn't a great playoff goalie. Even last year I wasn't blown away. He had a low .910 against Tampa despite the sweep and while he was solid against us, I definitely don't look at Price as the reason for our loss. He was very exploitable and had Marchand or Krejci learned what a goal was, I didn't doubt our ability to get it past him.

They're having a very impressive regular season though, I'll give it to them. Wouldn't be shocked if they won the top seed of the East.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Habs keep getting the luckiest damn wins. The entire system is dependent on Paccioretty, Subban and Price, mostly the latter.

I agree with the post above though. Price will probably win the Vezina and at this point maybe the Hart, but I don't think that play will continue into the playoffs. Habs give up a ton of shots every night and he plays a ton. He also isn't a great playoff goalie. Even last year I wasn't blown away. He had a low .910 against Tampa despite the sweep and while he was solid against us, I definitely don't look at Price as the reason for our loss. He was very exploitable and had Marchand or Krejci learned what a goal was, I didn't doubt our ability to get it past him.

For sure he wasn't! The Bruins were themselves the reason for losing that series. Not saying that Price isn't a goalie who could be the key to win a series against the Bruins, but he wasn't the reason the Bruins lost that one.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Wow Subban with a post on a laser shot in the waning moments of the game then Holtby made an unreal save. Caps lucky this one is going into OT. Never thought this game would end up 0-0 in regulation.

Notice it all came right after Caps faceoff guy Beagle fired out of draw .Orpik stick in face in front of ref and not even 15 secs later he called for penalty by ref 40 feet down ice while other ref 5 feet away.lolol NHL is a joke now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad