GDT: Out of Town NHL Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Yeah this was the big head scratcher for me too. My eyes popped out reading it wasn't insured. That's gross negligence.

I was listening to XM radio yesterday and they were interviewing the CBJ GM and he said he couldn't mention some stuff but also mentioned a 30 game deductable cost

I saw this today:

Aaron Portzline: “#CBJ did not have insurance on Nathan Horton, so they would have had to pay the full amount of his contract for the rest of his term. #CBJ opted not to buy insurance with 30-game deductable in first season because, with shoulder injury, they expected him to miss 30-plus. Then, this season, #CBJ could not get insurance on Horton because of his back injury. Horton’s contract was NOT insured.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m3 minutes ago
Blackhawks trade first-round pick and a prospect to Arizona for Antoine Vermette, still pending NHL trade call

Good. I'm glad he's not coming here.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
How do you feel about Erik Cole, Kassian , Yandle and Atkinson ?

As possible trade targets, much depends on their contracts, and I'm not familiar with them. Wish capgeek still existed.

Cole I know is a UFA - if Vermette is a worth comparison, no way. Kassian and Yandle, I don't get the fascination with them. Atkinson I like, but he's been fragile.

Seriously, if a first and a good prospect is the going price for someone like Vermette, no wonder Chiarelli hasn't yet made a deal.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
As possible trade targets, much depends on their contracts, and I'm not familiar with them. Wish capgeek still existed.

Cole I know is a UFA - if Vermette is a worth comparison, no way. Kassian and Yandle, I don't get the fascination with them. Atkinson I like, but he's been fragile.

Seriously, if a first and a good prospect is the going price for someone like Vermette, no wonder Chiarelli hasn't yet made a deal.

I would rather ride it out with the kids than pay some of these prices.

My main wish is still for a good Dman but Indknt think Yandle is what they need. They need a second pair guy who is better in his own zone vs a defensive liability there. Not sure if they can get one though but that's where I would put the assets.

Still want to see them revamp the 4th line.

I'm very glad Chicago took Vermette off the Bruins target list.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Ottawa sweeping the West Coast teams is a quite an impressive feat.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I would rather ride it out with the kids than pay some of these prices.

My main wish is still for a good Dman but Indknt think Yandle is what they need. They need a second pair guy who is better in his own zone vs a defensive liability there. Not sure if they can get one though but that's where I would put the assets.

Still want to see them revamp the 4th line.

I'm very glad Chicago took Vermette off the Bruins target list.

Agreed, take your lumps but I think the B`s will snag Petry

I like Vermette, but I like him IF this team were in the need for a 2nd/3rd line center and they aren`t and not at that price. The Hawks, Kane injury aside, and solid drafting have struggled to find any depth up the middle and AV will help

Prices always steep it seems, not at all a fan of a 1st rounder for Vermette

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Florida wins tonight and a good chance they beat the Leafs on Tuesday. If that scenario plays out Bruins will be in an 8th place tie going into the Calgary game with 2 games in hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->