GDT: Out of Town NHL Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I thought Jarmo knew what he was doing over there...

What a horrible trade by the Jackets. Good on the Leafs for finding a sucker, but man...

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I thought Horton's cap number was a lot higher than 5.3.

What the **** is Columbus doing? What the **** are they thinking?

That's an all-time "Get-Out-of-Jail-Free" card for Toronto.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I'm thinking they know Horton is done and much like the Bruins with Savard will LTIR him for the next 5 years and have flexibility. Only reason this trade makes any sense for either team...

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't get it. I understand Columbus had him uninsured but why in the hell would you ship him to Toronto? You could probably give somebody a pick and Horton to stick on LTIR and they would have done it for them. Probably get something better than Clarkson back too.

Awful.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I don't get it. I understand Columbus had him uninsured but why in the hell would you ship him to Toronto? You could probably give somebody a pick and Horton to stick on LTIR and they would have done it for them. Probably get something better than Clarkson back too.

Awful.

I don't think that's right.

The Blue Jackets will be covered by insurance for most of Horton’s salary — $6 million this season — once he misses the club’s 21st game of the season, on Nov. 25. Future seasons would work the same.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...4/10/horton-back-could-end-season-career.html

Indefensible by Columbus.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Great deal for the Leafs, Clarkson was a complete bust for them, getting to move that contract, wow, as for the Jackets they better hope that Clarkson returns to his NJ form, huge risk in that happening.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Brad has info of this.
Teams have a limited amount of contracts they can insure. Hortons was not one Col chose to insure.

Which is an even stupider point because everyone and their grandma knows Horton is made of glass.

Horton's contract has been covertly the worst in the NHL under those conditions then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad